What's new

Coronavirus (Covid-19) Discussion

It’s crazy seeing people getting shit on for complaining about having to work in these conditions man.

Most of these people who are telling people they should be “thankful” to still be working are making more off unemployment staying home and being safe, than those workers(especially the food industry) who are putting themselves at risk lol

Not to mention live in a country with gun laws so lax people with a history of mental illness can buy them easily. We probably have more gun per home than any other country. (not an anti-gun guy here but enforcing this can be hard when people are ignorant enough to shoot their countries own soldiers).
As someone who is not an American, and thus is on the outside looking in, I've never understood the gun laws there and the zeal behind owning a firearm. It seems to me, based on the news reports and all, that all those easily obtained weapons do more harm to people than protecting of people.

I suppose that's an entirely different thread, however.

aj1701

Noob
Real talk though, celebrities have been more cringey than usual as if they're any kind of authority
Really nobody should ever listen to them about anything at all. Typically the stupidest people on the planet.

Next time maybe we'll be out of yogurt or romance novels or something. You never know, haha.
Yogurt has been selling out since TP started selling out where I am; the individual flavored cups are still there, but the larger tubs of greek yogurt I haven't found in weeks. Which is weird, b/c I've been buying it all along and almost no one else bought it.

DeftMonk

Noob
Don’t u guys wish life had video game mechanics? Imagine if u ended up getting coronavirus. It’s all good cuz u saved up two snickers which u can use for a combo breaker right out of that shit. Corona go!

Don’t u guys wish life had video game mechanics? Imagine if u ended up getting coronavirus. It’s all good cuz u saved up two snickers which u can use for a combo breaker right out of that shit. Corona go!
Dude if life had video game mechnics I would invest in the money and experince upgrades. Within a month I'd be super rich and jacked like a main character of a shoen manga an able to make my own video games while still finding time to play the guitar.

If life had video game mechanics, I figure we'd be an open world RPG.

Before all non-essential businesses were required to close here, I joked with my staff that we needed to build a Shrine of Talos (and not to tell the Thalmor).

Zviko

Noob
If they somehow make time traveling work, that's basically a video game mechanic of saving games at any time and place and would be all you need. It could be possible in the future. :D

If they somehow make time traveling work, that's basically a video game mechanic of saving games at any time and place and would be all you need. It could be possible in the future. :D
As much as I would love to go back and undo the things I regert, I hope we never find a way to time travel. Having that fall in the wrong hands would be the most devasting weapon since the Atomic Bomb and that looks like drop in the bucket in the big picture.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
As much as I would love to go back and undo the things I regert, I hope we never find a way to time travel. Having that fall in the wrong hands would be the most devasting weapon since the Atomic Bomb and that looks like drop in the bucket in the big picture.
If we ever discover time travel, then we already have discovered time travel and already made a mess.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
It’s crazy seeing people getting shit on for complaining about having to work in these conditions man.

Most of these people who are telling people they should be “thankful” to still be working are making more off unemployment staying home and being safe, than those workers(especially the food industry) who are putting themselves at risk lol
Yes exactly. Unemployment when that new bill is active is what, nearly $1,000 a week or something? I’d much rather be safe at home making 1k a week then having to go out every day and working my ass off during a pandemic. I feel a good way to balance this out would be to give everyone who is working during this pandemic bonus hazard pay.

I am definitely thankful to be an “essential worker” and need the money. But at the same time, I’d much rather be in self quarantine. And DEFINITELY would much rather be in self quarantine making a stack a week for doing nothing, lol.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
@MKF30 Sorry to read this man, but happy belated birthday for what it's worth.
Yeah...what are you going to do man lol. Thank you though, really appreciate it! I had fun, stayed in with my family played some wii sports. Hope you're safe and well man wherever you are as is everyone else.

If we ever discover time travel, then we already have discovered time travel and already made a mess.
Some speculate even if someone did invent it, and do something go into the past to prevent something, the balance of the universe would find something else. Example, if we went back to kill Hitler, there would just be another Hitler to take his place during that time or a later time. If we say wiped out china to prevent this, there would be another crisis that would inevitably happen. Time Travel has always intrigued me, no doubt if it does exist someone could change history but also possibly make things worse.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Unemployment when that new bill is active is what, nearly $1,000 a week or something?

It varies by state. The new Federal bill grants $600 on top of whatever the State pays. https://www.cnet.com/news/coronavirus-unemployment-payments-applying-and-more/

Personally, I'm not sure unemployment would be that great. Maybe someone might be in a situation where the money is slightly better, but the stress of being unemployed and possibly losing access to health benefits (or the increased cost at having to use COBRA to pay to keep the benefits going) might tip being unemployed into a worse deal than still being employed. If you're unemployed you're also likely losing access to 401K benefits.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Time travel never makes sense to me. How would changes work? Would they play out in real time, where all of a sudden we'd wake up one morning and something would be different? Would we even realize it was different? Or would only the person who actually traveled back in time and then back to the future realize the effects?

If we say wiped out china to prevent this
Wow, really leaped to that one fast. Why not just go back in time and get China to have better food and safety regulations? Or go into the future, find a vaccine, and then bring it back to the past? Or we do what they did in that X-Men cartoon and have Cable travel back to the past, infect Wolverine, and then use his healing powers to develop a cure.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I've elected to not file for unemployment. I've worked for that system, I know people that are still connected, and how many calls came into my state last week. I feel like I have a much better than average chance of being able to ride stuff out on my own. I don't know where all the funds are going to come from, and I don't want to be a drain on it when others need it more.

I'm way more concerned with losing insurance at my age. I had plans to run some tests, and if anything crazy happens no savings or unemployment can really protect you from that. It's a terrible time for anyone to have medical issues between the industry strain, and what I can only imagine is turning into mass loss of benefits.

**edit
Amending a bit because it makes it sound like I'm taking one for the team, when a large part of it is not wanting to have to jump right back into things, or be forced to just take whatever I can get.

Some speculate even if someone did invent it, and do something go into the past to prevent something, the balance of the universe would find something else. Example, if we went back to kill Hitler, there would just be another Hitler to take his place during that time or a later time. If we say wiped out china to prevent this, there would be another crisis that would inevitably happen. Time Travel has always intrigued me, no doubt if it does exist someone could change history but also possibly make things worse.
I personally imagine that each instance of time would have its own evolved reality. If you could break out of your time, go back and change something, you would only change it for that instance and any others where you continued to go back until the first altered instance eventually reaches the point in time where you no longer have any reason to go back. You now have 100 year streaks of alternating outcomes, not one altered future/history, and you could never change your instance of time. Start messing with instances further with multiple trips for multiple reasons, and each instance becomes more and more unique. Kind of causing parallel universes by jacking with time.

Last edited:

Zviko

Noob
Time travel never makes sense to me. How would changes work? Would they play out in real time, where all of a sudden we'd wake up one morning and something would be different? Would we even realize it was different? Or would only the person who actually traveled back in time and then back to the future realize the effects?
I think the latter because each would create their own timeline by changing something and that change wouldn't affect the timeline they came from. I don't know. :D
Anyway, this always makes me laugh.

It varies by state. The new Federal bill grants $600 on top of whatever the State pays.

Personally, I'm not sure unemployment would be that great. Maybe someone might be in a situation where the money is slightly better, but the stress of being unemployed and possibly losing access to health benefits (or the increased cost at having to use COBRA to pay to keep the benefits going) might tip being unemployed into a worse deal than still being employed. If you're unemployed you're also likely losing access to 401K benefits.
Bruh it’s 600 a WEEK on top of what the state pays you, that’s a biweekly paycheck of 1200 dollars without even accounting for what your state is giving you.

People who work at McDonalds and Red lobster don’t come close to making that.

I doubt entry level retail makes that much.

I do agree with you on the health benefits part but I’m not so sure people are “stressed” about being unemployed when the alternative is probably working a minimum wage job that puts you at an alarming risk to get the virus.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Bruh it’s 600 a WEEK on top of what the state pays you, that’s a biweekly paycheck of 1200 dollars without even accounting for what your state is giving you.

I do agree with you on the health benefits part but I’m not so sure people are “stressed” about being unemployed when the alternative is probably working a minimum wage job that puts you at an alarming risk to get the virus.
Plus, a lot of dr offices are closed right now. Like mine. I can’t even go to the dr if I wanted to, only the hospital.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Plus, a lot of dr offices are closed right now. Like mine. I can’t even go to the dr if I wanted to, only the hospital.
I don't think I'll ever forget going to the doctor's office. About the time we saw our first cases here I started having the worst Asthma trouble I've ever had. I went to the doctor 3 times in about a week and a half's time, and it was a different experience each time.

First was fairly routine outside of having to answer some screening questions. Four days later no visitors were allowed, only patients with appointments, and forced use of hand sanitizer.

The last time there was a check in station where you were screened, and your temperature taken. Staff was fully required to wear masks, and most of the waiting room chairs were removed to keep people apart.

I'm pretty sure that is the memory I'll associate with all of this; even more than empty store shelves.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way

I dont know about red lobster people not pulling that, I could make 600 at olive garden not even at 40 hrs most of the time, and New Mexico people are shit bags notorious for not tipping.