What's new

Coronavirus (Covid-19) Discussion

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Btw, Tiger King is the Netflix show we all needed during this pandemic. If you're bored.. It definitely won't bore you :p

I'm curious to know how many of us are watching it :coffee:

And if you're not, what are you watching while you self-isolate?

E

Eldriken

Btw, Tiger King is the Netflix show we all needed during this pandemic. If you're bored.. It won't bore you :p
My wife and I already watched it the other day. That shit is wiiiiild.

Check this shit out:

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
My dad's best friend lives nextdoor to John Prine, a country music artist who's in critical condition due to coronavirus.
Btw, Tiger King is the Netflix show we all needed during this pandemic. If you're bored.. It definitely won't bore you :p

It's so fucking crazy! My wife and I binged the entire thing over 2 days!

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster

I DVR'd Mayans M.C. a while back so I'm just finishing the last few episodes of it, finally saw The BFG last night, Crawl a few nights ago, new season of Castlevania was good, working on S2 of Kingdom, S2 of Paradise P.D. (HILARIOUS) and as always some Rick and Morty, Family Guy and South Park

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
"Everywhere else" does not have a population of 330 million. Before you mention China and India, one is a communist country with no checks and balances. And in the other, police whack people in the streets with sticks. How do you think Americans would respond if Trump ordered police departments to assault citizens who are seen walking or jogging publicly?

Speaking of police departments, police officers are most likely to get infected after medical staff. Dermot Shea, the New York Police Commissioner, postulates that "900 NYPD members will be positive for coronavirus by Monday [today]" (source). So who is going to enforce your "coordinated and uniform response" if local police departments are understaffed? Will Trump have to involve the U.S. Armed Forces? If so, what will be the public reaction?

You offer simplified solutions to a complicated crisis in a country that has 330 million people. A small European country like Serbia only has 7 million residents so they can control people and the virus much, much easier than the U.S. can.
I’m not speaking about Serbia. Almost all of the largest European and Asian nations have put these rules in place (or used other similarly aggressive measures nationwide).

Here is yet another study with experts recommending that we immediately put nationwide virus containment measures in place:

It’s literally every study and model plus the history of countries that have been able to contain the virus best since this began.

If we do not do this, far more people will die, and both the science and real-world evidence is clear on that. It sounds ‘simple’ because it’s consistent, but it’s desperately needed. Saying “we won’t be able to enforce it 100%/flawlessly” is a really bad excuse to not even attempt to save time and save lives. We need to make the best effort that we can.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter

This just showed up in my Reddit feed:
https://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/frwge6
Also, I was just able to buy hand sanitizer and antibacterial wipes at Target. Hopefully that means stores are finally started to get them back in stock.

I finished the first season of Star Trek: Picard, and have continued with the tenth season of The Walking Dead.

For entertainment, I've mostly been playing games and getting more through my backlog.

Anything a Nation would do to hold China accountable would most likely involve Sanctions that only fuck over the common people. Shit is nightmarish & not the kind of Garbage we need & “holding China accountable” should be one of the last things on anyone’s mind.
Easily one of the most frustrating things about the kind of world we live in, people in power do something wrong and normal everyday people have to suffer the price for their sins.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Easily one of the most frustrating things about the kind of world we live in, people in power do something wrong and normal everyday people have to suffer the price for their sins.
As far as I know, it's normal everyday people that are buying and consuming wild animals. This time their actions have affected a lot of other normal everyday people all over the world.

The government was complicit in not announcing the severity of the outbreak sooner, but the issue that started the viral outbreak has to be solved at a lower level.

As far as I know, it's normal everyday people that are buying and consuming wild animals. This time their actions have affected a lot of other normal everyday people all over the world.

The government was complicit in not announcing the severity of the outbreak sooner, but the issue that started the viral outbreak has to be solved at a lower level.
The second part is what I was focusing on. Not excusing the fact normal people buy illegal animals but it's the people in power should be held to higher standards.

The Chinese government needs to start taking the wetmarkets more seriously after this, and let their workers have fucking sick days.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I’m not speaking about Serbia. Almost all of the largest European and Asian nations have put these rules in place (or used other similarly aggressive measures nationwide).

Here is yet another study with experts recommending that we immediately put nationwide virus containment measures in place:

It’s literally every study and model plus the history of countries that have been able to contain the virus best since this began.

If we do not do this, far more people will die, and both the science and real-world evidence is clear on that. It sounds ‘simple’ because it’s consistent, but it’s desperately needed. Saying “we won’t be able to enforce it 100%/flawlessly” is a really bad excuse to not even attempt to save time and save lives. We need to make the best effort that we can.
I am not against "aggressive measures" at the federal level to save lives. I am just saying such measures would be difficult to enforce in a country that has 330 million people, a small minority of whom are also so ignorant they want to have the freedom to travel for spring break and throw coronavirus parties.

I am not against "aggressive measures" at the federal level to save lives. I am just saying such measures would be difficult to enforce in a country that has 330 million people, a small minority of whom are also so ignorant they want to have the freedom to travel for spring break and throw coronavirus parties.
Not to mention live in a country with gun laws so lax people with a history of mental illness can buy them easily. We probably have more gun per home than any other country. (not an anti-gun guy here but enforcing this can be hard when people are ignorant enough to shoot their countries own soldiers).

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
It's true that laws can be always be difficult to enforce perfectly, but we still need them. Because the alternative is far worse.

I'm for saving as many people as we can.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
The second part is what I was focusing on. Not excusing the fact normal people buy illegal animals but it's the people in power should be held to higher standards.

The Chinese government needs to start taking the wetmarkets more seriously after this, and let their workers have fucking sick days.
If ALL COUNTRIES would show some damn respect for the laws protecting Endangered species or worse in this case CRITICALLY ENDANGERED SPECIES none of us would have to deal with this bullshit.

"Doctor i have a stomach ache"
"Here, take this powdered tiger penis, it does nothing but it's part of our culture"

At this juncture of where we’re at with COVID-19, I personally don’t see how focusing so much on who to blame is really helpful. To be honest, there’s plenty of blame to go around. As far as I’m aware, not a single country was necessarily prepared for this. And certainly not prepared for a pandemic of this magnitude.

It’s very reminiscent of the 9/11 effect in a way. Where we were not at all prepared for something like that to happen. But since then, many different measures and precautions have been taken to decrease the likelihood of it happening again.
I hope so. I said it ages ago in this very same topic but I just know someone out there is learning from this, seeing where countries fail and using that knowlodge to make a dirty bomb more effective. I hope we learn from this cause I fear the next outbreak will be bio-terrorism in nature.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
M2Dave and Crimson are civil and reasonable and have both made really good points, it also relates directly to coronavirus. It's not like 14 people roasting MKF30 lol
Lol roasting me huh? Or so they tried. It's only a few but not that I care most of whom are ignored. It's just easier that way but at the same time know those certain people will never keep me down, what I've learned from topics such as this one. Besides, this is testyourmight, not testyourpolitics. Know what I mean?

That being said I hope it gets better, tried to enjoy an otherwise shitty bday but got a call from a moms friend saying that her son in law got it, he's in mediocre, concerning condition. Not critical however. He's had a 102 fever for a week, has some trouble breathing but is on oxygen right now. His wife is a nurse and his kid got it who've I've babysat in the past. She got over it in 2 days, she's like 12. So unfortunate news to hear. What's stupid is I learned his wife's a nurse and assumed it was a sinus infection, then he had some difficulty breathing and the emts didn't want to take him in the ambulance so what the hell? Its like some people forget what their jobs are and think about themselves before others, she made them take him though and threatened to report them. I never met the guy, she's my mom's friend who called but hope he gets well.

Last edited:
I had gone to E3 for the very first time last year. Was planning to go to San Diego Comic Con (and maybe New York Comic Con) for the first time this year. It's not happening now.

DeftMonk

Noob
Maybe a country that didn’t call the virus a hoax and no big deal, and then state that everything was under control and the response was great while refusing to accept highly needed tests and letting the virus explode domestically.

Or maybe a country where people can actually reliably get tests 2 months into their epidemic.

Maybe a country that acted as a nation to shut things down and safeguard their citizens, rather than issuing “guidelines” while people hang out and continue to spread the virus and travel/fly to other places.

Maybe... Not the US. The hypocrisy would be real.
This is exactly how I feel and most likely exactly how the chinese government would feel if USA went that route. The response would not be good.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
When I got Disney+ I unsubscribed from Netlfix to try and save monies. Now I'm going to miss out on all the cool shows.