What's new

Confirmed: EX Tele Unsafe on Block

IKizzLE

BloodHound
After going to training mode and testing with Slips, we have found out that EX tele is unsafe to certain characters d1 and maybe uppercuts. I dont know the exact frame data, but you cannot punish ex tele with some characters 6 frame d1's such as sheeva but characters like sonya can punish it with her d1, and that could start a lot of pressure strings with sonya.

We didn't get to test everyone's uppercut and Slips doesn't have Quan Chi unlocked (lol), who has some weird properties on his uppercut. If I'm saying old news, don't mind me but I haven't seen a topic about this yet.

Has anyone else found moves that can punish EX tele? The frame data for characters seem to be all over the place....

And it has been confirmed that Reptile Dash(not EX version) can punish EX tele.

Pretty sure its just a hitbox issue. Similar to Sonya and other females in MKDC. It hits on a different frame allowing them move quicker afterwards (something along those lines). Vs Sheeva it will hit very late, thus forcing you to move later.

That's pretty much it.

Casselman

Also: LockUpYourBones
Well at least its getting saf(er) on wakeup. Paulo confirmed via twitter, an increase of 3 frames on the window we can execute during wakeup.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
On wakeup isn't the problem, its after you crouch block it, you can punish with d1. We didn't try everyone's d1 but I'm taking an educated guess that Sonya's isn't the only one. But it might just be a hitbox issue.

And the only reason I wanted to test Quan really badly because I remember getting blown up by Quan's uppercut on block a few weeks ago and was like 0_0

On wakeup isn't the problem, its after you crouch block it, you can punish with d1. We didn't try everyone's d1 but I'm taking an educated guess that Sonya's isn't the only one. But it might just be a hitbox issue.

And the only reason I wanted to test Quan really badly because I remember getting blown up by Quan's uppercut on block a few weeks ago and was like 0_0
I main sektor and i have come across that issue with d1 against some characters when crouch blocking, not always but its still an issues. im one of the people who thinks ex tu should have armor to provide him with the safe wakeup (opinion), specially since corner pressure is a huge problem for sektor bein able to be poked out of wake up by d1 while ex tu

shura30

Shura
cyrax's d1 works as well

the extu should be -6 on block

tried with lao's spin too but it seems that the extu can't be hit by the first spin active frame (the 6th), so it can't be punished

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
im not one to usually talk about buffs or nerfs but after my experience at TAC i can safely say i think sektor should have armour on the startup of his EX TU, the use of meter should be the price you pay, and even then theres a high chance you'll get hit out of it. which in my opinion is really silly as even if its blocked sektors still in a bad place against someone like cage as you're still right in their face.

I'm aware sektor is a completely balanced fighter but seeing as NRS see fit to buff top tier (reptile getting armour on his EX slide for example) they may as well just give everyone buffs so everyones as equally bs lmao. If they wont do that at the VERY least they need to make it so the 2 of the 1,2,B1 doesnt wiff up close as that can really kill him in some scenarios and it just doesnt make sense that it misses sometimes.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Cyrax's d1 being able to hit sucks for sektor players seeing as how that really starts a strong pressure chain.
I really don't want to see sektor get armor on ex tele because I think the ramifications will be terrible.

Sektor will go from balanced to top tier immediately. You can already blow up any projectile in the game with EXTU on reaction and characters like Kitana and Kabal, who have instant airs, will get blown up so much easier with Instant EXTU if I can just get hit by their projectile and still blow them up. If Sektor does get a buff, I agree with the 1,2,B1, but Armor is just asking for Sek to be the most popular character at every tourny.

Saint

Noob
im not one to usually talk about buffs or nerfs but after my experience at TAC i can safely say i think sektor should have armour on the startup of his EX TU, the use of meter should be the price you pay, and even then theres a high chance you'll get hit out of it. which in my opinion is really silly as even if its blocked sektors still in a bad place against someone like cage as you're still right in their face.

I'm aware sektor is a completely balanced fighter but seeing as NRS see fit to buff top tier (reptile getting armour on his EX slide for example) they may as well just give everyone buffs so everyones as equally bs lmao. If they wont do that at the VERY least they need to make it so the 2 of the 1,2,B1 doesnt wiff up close as that can really kill him in some scenarios and it just doesnt make sense that it misses sometimes.
While we're at it, throw armor on scorpions en tp too lol

shura30

Shura
if balance should be then it would also mean EXTU completely unsafe on block
generally, it should be possible to bait and punish these kinds of moves

then, armor should never be applied to the full animation, just for few frames so players will learn to use with criteria instead of a 'fuckoff i'm outta here' solution

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Seven. After playing Slips, he does not need that. Being able to punish sektor's projectile on reaction and with the naked iTP is enough. Especially when he makes the naked iTP safe on block which I have yet to see any scorpion do.

And shura, I don't understand why EXTU needs to be unsafe block when you already burn one meter to use it?! Doesn't make any sense seeing how several characters have ex safe wakeups.

>_>

PS. If someone could test Quan Chi uppercut, I would greatly Appreciate it! :)

shura30

Shura
And shura, I don't understand why EXTU needs to be unsafe block when you already burn one meter to use it?! Doesn't make any sense seeing how several characters have ex safe wakeups.

>_>

the rest of the cast already burn meter for unsafe ex moves
(kabal, cage, ninja slides etc etc etc)

a safe armored attack teleport would be just too good

what will happen with an armored flamethrower?

Saint

Noob
Seven. After playing Slips, he does not need that. Being able to punish sektor's projectile on reaction and with the naked iTP is enough. Especially when he makes the naked iTP safe on block which I have yet to see any scorpion do.

>_>

PS. If someone could test Quan Chi uppercut, I would greatly Appreciate it! :)
I don't get it, are you saying Slips makes tp safe on block? That is impossible

IKizzLE

BloodHound
the rest of the cast already burn meter for unsafe ex moves
(kabal, cage, ninja slides etc etc etc)

a safe armored attack teleport would be just too good

what will happen with an armored flamethrower?
O, I was under the impression that he doesn't have armor.
I do agree though that Armored EX tele would be too much.

And to Seven, it's not safe on block, but he makes it so you cannot punish the naked tele. Probably the stupidest thing I've seen.

Saint

Noob
O, I was under the impression that he doesn't have armor.
I do agree though that Armored EX tele would be too much.

And to Seven, it's not safe on block, but he makes it so you cannot punish the naked tele. Probably the stupidest thing I've seen.
The naked teleport in what circumstance, if you duck it, you can punish it, if you block it, you can punish it, can you elaborate.

The naked teleport in what circumstance, if you duck it, you can punish it, if you block it, you can punish it, can you elaborate.
im thinkin he jumps a bit before he teles and times it where scorpion just floats right over you. you can poke him possible but thats about it.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
No, his naked tele doesn't float above me. I can punish that with uppercut.
His naked tele lands before me and by the time my character animation turns around, I'm eating a 50/50 mixup.

But back on topic cuz this is not the scorpion board.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
i dunno, i feel as if it needs to at LEAST not be able to be hit out of on wakeup, youve spent the meter, that should be the price the sektor pays, and its not like he teleports fullscreen, hes still right there just on the other side, i hardly think that would make him OP.

Saint

Noob
i dunno, i feel as if it needs to at LEAST not be able to be hit out of on wakeup, youve spent the meter, that should be the price the sektor pays, and its not like he teleports fullscreen, hes still right there just on the other side, i hardly think that would make him OP.
Scorpions, Ermacs and maybe even Smokes ex teleport can get hit out of wakeup and startup, why does Sektor deserve special treatment

Smokes is extremelly fast though so I'm not sure

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Scorpions, Ermacs and maybe even Smokes ex teleport can get hit out of wakeup and startup, why does Sektor deserve special treatment
they have other wakeup options, if you see them hitting at you as you wakeup, scorpion can use takedown, ermac can use the lift, smoke can EX shake, sektor however can be smacked out of them all.

shura30

Shura
since is an ex move it is invincble on wakeups, i think i's an hitbox issue while disappearing underground like mileena, noob and someone else

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Well you can have it 1 of 2 ways IMO

Like it is now where its basically safe on block

OR

Armoured but unsafe on block

The only character I can think of ATM that breaks the rule is Sonya with a wakeup Ex Cartwheel but the armour on that move sucks so much you're more likely to get knocked out of it than not.

Saying that then I guess you could make it like Sonyas, so you can still hit him out of it, but it has 1 hit of armour.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
they have other wakeup options, if you see them hitting at you as you wakeup, scorpion can use takedown, ermac can use the lift, smoke can EX shake, sektor however can be smacked out of them all.
because Scorpion never gets hit out of wakeup takedown :/