What's new

Confirmed: EX Tele Unsafe on Block

shura30

Shura
Ummmm, I dont think you guys understand how invincibility frames work on wakeups....>_>. What sektor suffers from, every character does. I'm not even gonna say anymore...just watch the video. I would summarize but I'm tired of talking in this topic about stuff that has been explained to death.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wflT5FYTqHw
i don't want to click the link
i hope it's not brady's how wakeup works because even walls should know about them at this time

sektor issue is different

IKizzLE

BloodHound
And this armor debate will be thrown out the window once Sektor players perfect the iEXTU. I'm still working on it myself, but I was able to read slips teleport, instant neutral jump into the EXTU and hit his scorpion BEFORE his body got to the other side of the screen. It...is...that...fast.

16bit was talking about it on the FighterXShooter as well. For example, you can literally see sub zero throw out an ice ball, then neutral jump and quickly hit EXTU and hit subzero....100% of the time. And don't tell me its hard to or what not because your doing it based off of reaction and not guessing when he's gonna throw out the ice ball. It's practice and after playing slips who was punishing me with iTP on reaction(he saw the rocket and proceeded to do the move), its definitely possible. It's much harder to do that (and much more costly) when fighting kabal/kitana who do rapid fire iAirs because the time in between each move is shorter. But giving sektor armor would let you jump in between, get hit, and blow up those characters 100% of the time.

I'm sorry, but Sektor players worldwide just need to step their game up and stop asking for buffs because their hasn't been a single sektor player on stream or video recorded doing this. This board is turning into the rain board pre-CDjr summerjam win.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
And this armor debate will be thrown out the window once Sektor players perfect the iEXTU. I'm still working on it myself, but I was able to read slips teleport, instant neutral jump into the EXTU and hit his scorpion BEFORE his body got to the other side of the screen. It...is...that...fast.

16bit was talking about it on the FighterXShooter as well. For example, you can literally see sub zero throw out an ice ball, then neutral jump and quickly hit EXTU and hit subzero....100% of the time. And don't tell me its hard to or what not because your doing it based off of reaction and not guessing when he's gonna throw out the ice ball. It's practice and after playing slips who was punishing me with iTP on reaction(he saw the rocket and proceeded to do the move), its definitely possible. It's much harder to do that (and much more costly) when fighting kabal/kitana who do rapid fire iAirs because the time in between each move is shorter. But giving sektor armor would let you jump in between, get hit, and blow up those characters 100% of the time.

I'm sorry, but Sektor players worldwide just need to step their game up and stop asking for buffs because their hasn't been a single sektor player on stream or video recorded doing this. This board is turning into the rain board pre-CDjr summerjam win.
^^^^THIS

I find it hilarious how so many people want Buffs because they just plain suck

Ikizzle knows whats up

IKizzLE

BloodHound
i don't want to click the link
i hope it's not brady's how wakeup works because even walls should know about them at this time

sektor issue is different
I understand that issue with random low hitbox moves knocking sektor out of the exTU. But the answer is not armored EXTU.
The answer is MK10 quite frankly....

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Yes Sektroll was even IATUing Kano knives on reaction. I didn't believe it till I saw it.

No Sektor buffs. Reptile buff is ridiculous. It should not open the flood gates for more insanity.

I understand that issue with random low hitbox moves knocking sektor out of the exTU. But the answer is not armored EXTU.
The answer is MK10 quite frankly....
ive been giving sektor players a chanc to practice their iTUs with that 12b1 itu combo i posted earlier.. once you get that down your good to go as far as iTUs..

iTU can punish almost any projectile on reaction and is soooo good. I usually tap Up and roll my stick in a 3/4 circle motion into the teleport.

Saint

Noob
they have other wakeup options, if you see them hitting at you as you wakeup, scorpion can use takedown, ermac can use the lift, smoke can EX shake, sektor however can be smacked out of them all.
None of the above are safe wake ups, giving Sektor armor on the way down would grant him a completely safe wake up no?

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Im actually gonna try the 3/4 motion cuz I sometimes got blown up for botching up the command and doing a neutral kick.

Im actually gonna try the 3/4 motion cuz I sometimes got blown up for botching up the command and doing a neutral kick. Im trying to hit a perfect exTU where the jump cant even be seen....
yeah dude it hard but sektor at least will lower his hit box if you try to do it and jump back into a ball.

ts so sexy when you pull off a perfect iTU especially online and you blow up a heavy zoner ^_^

SZSR

Noob
Scorpions, Ermacs and maybe even Smokes ex teleport can get hit out of wakeup and startup, why does Sektor deserve special treatment

Smokes is extremelly fast though so I'm not sure
You can hit Smoke out of EX Teleport Punch, it just requires a fast low poke (Kitana's d1, Mileena and Sonya's d4, Cage's d1, etc.) to do it on anticipation. If you try to do it on reaction you'll probably whiff. (Although not many Smokes Teleport out of Wakeup anymore)

Saint

Noob
You can hit Smoke out of EX Teleport Punch, it just requires a fast low poke (Kitana's d1, Mileena and Sonya's d4, Cage's d1, etc.) to do it on anticipation. If you try to do it on reaction you'll probably whiff. (Although not many Smokes Teleport out of Wakeup anymore)
Thanks, was just making a point

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I can do iTU most of the time but sometimes I also whiff it into a neutral jump kick. I can't wait until I get my hit box though. iTUs will be second nature.

I can do iTU most of the time but sometimes I also whiff it into a neutral jump kick. I can't wait until I get my hit box though. iTUs will be second nature.
i seen you play on stream before at a tourney, i think in AZ..good shit :) always like watching tourney sektors.

Hitbox ftw! i want one but they are so damn expensive

Robotic

Gentleman.
All I can say about the confirmation is the typical,"SHIT!, I knew it!! Fuck!!!", and "Well that sucks." Having said that, leave Sektor alone. The low tiers need the attention, not Sektor...he's fine.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
^^^^THIS

I find it hilarious how so many people want Buffs because they just plain suck

Ikizzle knows whats up
i guess you all missed the part where i suggested it on the way down on WAKEUP ONLY, right now sektor has no reliable wakeup attacks, but by the looks of the moves considered wakeups for him it seems that NRS intended the extu to be a good wakeup, claiming everyone who suggests buffs sucks is actually quite insulting, i guess you'd say sektor shouldnt even have his 12,b1 not wiff half the time either, despite nightwolf has the exact same scenario but for some reason even if his wiffs it still connects.

me and ketchup were discussing this at tac and all he stated was he wanted the extu to be a RELIABLE wakeup attack, because right now it just has problems that shouldnt be there.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Kitana has even worse wakeups than Sektor and you don't see me complaining about it. Well ok that's a lie I do cry about it but I shouldn't.

If this is supposed to be the last patch they shouldn't take risks buffing characters who are already really good.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Ok, thanks for clarifying that. I assumed that you wanted armor on the move start up itself. On wakeup is fine but its like NRS putting a bandage on a bullet wound. The main problem falls on the hitbox detection which is not gonna get fixed until MK10 (hopefully).

So at this point, I would love for them to not touch sektor because the moment they change something as little as adding armor on wakeup, the quicker new, stupider shit comes to light. And honestly, this armor on every character is played out and going to the wrong characters.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
Ok, thanks for clarifying that. I assumed that you wanted armor on the move start up itself. On wakeup is fine but its like NRS putting a bandage on a bullet wound. The main problem falls on the hitbox detection which is not gonna get fixed until MK10 (hopefully).

So at this point, I would love for them to not touch sektor because the moment they change something as little as adding armor on wakeup, the quicker new, stupider shit comes to light. And honestly, this armor on every character is played out and going to the wrong characters.
ok i can agree with both you and 16 bit at this point, the main reason i dont like it is because it seems inconsistent, and i know other characters suffer the same issues, i can wait for things like this to get patched in mk10, i just dont appreciate getting slandered for a small suggestion.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Just tested this and it is in fact 100% safe on block, you cant D1 it, you cant uppercut it.

The danger lies in what move the Sektor player will do after the attack is blocked, obviously if you move you're gonna take a hit because you're at frame disadvantage.

Please test your stuff properly before you post it.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Please test your stuff properly Foxy Grampa. Please, your embarrassing yourself now.
Because we tested it several times.

Your clearly doing it wrong. And before I post a video or anything else or have several other players test it correctly, I would like to make a bet since your so confident.

Paypal work for you?

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
Please test your stuff properly Foxy Grampa. Please, your embarrassing yourself now.
Because we tested it several times.

Your clearly doing it wrong. And before I post a video or anything else or have several other players test it correctly, I would like to make a bet since your so confident.

Paypal work for you?
instead of having an attitude, please actually post a video proving it, if its in video there is no room for doubt, you should of done that in the first place tbh, i tested it and also couldnt punish it, i dont see how it could be, please show us how it is in a video if you can.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
O and btw, I saved your original post so when you do go back and edit it after testing it correctly (I'm not gonna tell you what you have to do to punish it...your pretty good, figure it out!), I want to keep the original post because your "Please test your stuff properly before you post it" is gonna make you look not just like an ass, but a fool as well.

To Mustard, the attitude came from your friends sly remark, as I have just posted.
And I will PM you Mustard

shura30

Shura
Just tested this and it is in fact 100% safe on block, you cant D1 it, you cant uppercut it.

The danger lies in what move the Sektor player will do after the attack is blocked, obviously if you move you're gonna take a hit because you're at frame disadvantage.

Please test your stuff properly before you post it.
i tested it against always blocking dummy and cyrax's d1 got in
either it's another bs about practice mode or you're wrong

IKizzLE

BloodHound
I tested it with a human player and gave the info to Mustard, so he's definitely wrong.
Alright I'm done ragging on grampa, its just comments like that piss me off.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Cyrax's D1 works?

I tested with Quan Chi and Sonya cause theyre 2 of the quickest and they didnt work.

Must be character specific, but even then a blockstring > d1