What's new

Confirmed: EX Tele Unsafe on Block

shura30

Shura
Deal with the fact that they arent the same, and if you dont like it then go play something else!
people should try to understand that any sf/other fg comparison is just to use easier examples
everybody should quit using the 'go play something else' card, join the discussion or stfu

main mk problem, as stated in a trillion posts and tom brady shows, is the lack of consistency in hitboxes
aka you do the same thing twice, you may as well get two different results

having fixed hitboxes would remove most of this 'randomness'
but it's not something that could be done with a patch

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
people should try to understand that any sf/other fg comparison is just to use easier examples
everybody should quit using the 'go play something else' card, join the discussion or stfu

main mk problem, as stated in a trillion posts and tom brady shows, is the lack of consistency in hitboxes
aka you do the same thing twice, you may as well get two different results

having fixed hitboxes would remove most of this 'randomness'
but it's not something that could be done with a patch
Sorry for coming across so hostile but there are alot of people complaining about how MK9 isnt enough like Street fighter or whatnot.

The best part of new fighting games is to use what you have and to find new things about it that arent common in other fighting games, and if every game was just a carbon copy with different characters and animations, then in MK10 we might aswell be seeing FADC~Xray combos just so everyone quits whining.

I really do agree with you that there are issues that some games address better than others, but for the most part you should take the game for what it is, and nothing more, nothing is perfect after all, so we just make do. And again i did not mean to come across as one of those "STFU and go play street fighter" Types.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Well, it sucks that EX Tele is not safe but safe-ish. I guess it will help as a remainder to manage meter properly, and don't throw EX Tele on wake up like there's no tomorrow (*note to self: follow your own advice, smh >_>*).

IMO, if there's one buff I'd like is Armor on EX Flamethrower, that would give him at least another option and wouldn't lead to broken and stupid shit later on.

Seven. After playing Slips, he does not need that. Being able to punish sektor's projectile on reaction and with the naked iTP is enough. Especially when he makes the naked iTP safe on block which I have yet to see any scorpion do.
I've been wanting to do that, but in online doesnt seem feasible, lol.

P.S.: Just registered because of this topic. XD

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
The buff/nerf discussion is ridiculous but if a move isn't working as it is intended to work then there is a problem and fixing it isnt a buff or nerf. I didn't know Sektors EX tu wakeup even had armor for the longest time because the very first time I tried to do it I was knocked out of it and that's all it took for me to learn to not do it again. Wakeups are a universal problem and they already talked about patching it so there is 0 debate on the matter.

Sektor deserves to have his wakeup EX tu work 100% of the time because that is the entire purpose of the move as it was intended to be. His ex tu sure as shit doesn't make him OP. And it doesn't need buffed because 5-10% of the cast can mash a 2% damage counter on block 1% of the time.

Also, don't cry about "Sektor players" asking for buffs. I haven't seen many players asking for buffs, at all. They are usually discussing how awesome and balanced he is and his strategies. He probably has one of the most positive strategy discussion sections on the entire site.
I don't see anybody crying about whether to buff him or not lol theres only good discussion going on. The problem his ex TU suffers from tons of other wake up attacks do too. Who's to say his ex TU on wakeup was meant to be a 100% reliable wake up anyway. I don't think enough people realise how crazy armor on the way down would be.

That would put sektor at an even bigger advantage in his better matchups and make him ridiculous, against a char like sub zero he could literally just get life lead then constantly jump away whilst TU'ing or just plain avoiding slide from full screen and any sort of iceball would be 30% for sektor. It would be some more retardedly lopsided matchups. I personally don't think sektor needs anything but ex flame throw getting armor to be a much more reliable wake up would make tons more sense than ex TU....

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Spongebob, I think you misunderstood what others(not me) are asking.

People want ex armor on wakeup only.
People do not want ex armor on the way down on his ex TU.

Those are two different things.

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ

Yh sorry if I misunderstood - could they do that though without changing the way wakeup attacks work all round? I don't know how much they can change with hotfix's, no character's actually had extra invincibility frames added onto on their wakeup, so atm not sure if its something tweakable by NRS.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Would give us a reason to use EX Flamethrower, if nothing else.

Nice to see you over here, Bild.
It would be a nice tool to get rid of pressure. Wouldn't grant any advantage whatsoever since on hit it puts everything back at square one.

Thanks. :)

Yh sorry if I misunderstood - could they do that though without changing the way wakeup attacks work all round? I don't know how much they can change with hotfix's, no character's actually had extra invincibility frames added onto on their wakeup, so atm not sure if its something tweakable by NRS.
As it stands it seems impossible to have EN TU with armor on wakeup only. From past patches, the moves themselves are changed for all scenarios. Again, it all comes back to their buggy collision mechanics.

The new patch can't come any sooner, I'm very interested on what other changes (if any) Sektor is getting.

Robotic

Gentleman.
It would be a nice tool to get rid of pressure. Wouldn't grant any advantage whatsoever since on hit it puts everything back at square one.

Thanks. :)

As it stands it seems impossible to have EN TU with armor on wakeup only. From past patches, the moves themselves are changed for all scenarios. Again, it all comes back to their buggy collision mechanics.

The new patch can't come any sooner, I'm very interested on what other changes (if any) Sektor is getting.
Being able to cancel into upmissile but not forward or back upmissile is a glitch that will be fixed in the next patch...that was the word. I end most of my combos with upmissile and FUCK is this fix going to scare the shit outta some opponents.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Being able to cancel into upmissile but not forward or back upmissile is a glitch that will be fixed in the next patch...that was the word. I end most of my combos with upmissile and FUCK is this fix going to scare the shit outta some opponents.
That one I was aware of; it was a long due fix.

Back Up Missile will have finally a purpose!! Lol

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
i seen you play on stream before at a tourney, i think in AZ..good shit :) always like watching tourney sektors.

Hitbox ftw! i want one but they are so damn expensive
Thanks man. It was actually in chicago, IL. And I rewatched the stream after it happened and felt so embarrassed taking like 20 shoulder charges. Lesson learned lol.