What's new

Breakthrough Confirmed Details on Changes to Shazam!

Digit

KH Mahvel Baby!
oh on HIT. I thought you meant on blockstrings, I read that wrong. In that case I wholeheatedly agree
thanks for agreeing! lol His only safe option is 2,2~HM/AC
I at least want a different option to connect a grab safely like F2,2~HM on hit
What's silly is even his 2~HM whiffs on hit. seriously wtf is up with Shazam!? >.<

poofynamanama2

SHAZAAAAAAAAM
thanks for agreeing! lol His only safe option is 2,2~HM/AC
I at least want a different option to connect a grab safely like F2,2~HM on hit
What's silly is even his 2~HM whiffs on hit. seriously wtf is up with Shazam!? >.<

Yeah it is pretty wonky lol. Have you ever used standing 2 as a stagger string? Ive been using it a lot lately to some mild success. Its plus 1 so sometimes I just do 2, followed up by f12, 112, or another 22. Sometimes I even just go for YOLOGRABS if theyre scouting out the 22 mixup

Jon Berg

Noob
Let's see.... Assuming you have level 3 venom active, you do a charge, you have 3 hits of armor. Say Sinestro fires MB Fear Blast at you. You eat the first hit, cancel charge into another charge, eat the last 2 hits, end up in front of him, cancel the charge into a grab with another 3 hits of armor, or an overhead punch if you saw the guy jump...

Yeah no, cancelable charge sounds like a great plan! Let's give Bane free get in free cards with armored moves that cancel into other armored moves!

If you want to give him an cancelable charge, then you need to find a mechanic that avoids this scenario.
So before we post about venom, lets try to make sure we understand how it works first.

Digit

KH Mahvel Baby!
Yeah it is pretty wonky lol. Have you ever used standing 2 as a stagger string? Ive been using it a lot lately to some mild success. Its plus 1 so sometimes I just do 2, followed up by f12, 112, or another 22. Sometimes I even just go for YOLOGRABS if theyre scouting out the 22 mixup
Nuh-uh. I'll have to try that out, cuz I he barely has any plus strings.

RamenO

It Stinks!
So 12F3 and 12B3 still not cancelable.

D3 still -11.

B2 whiffing on crouching opponents(crouch beating an overhead....GENIUS!).

B123 still ends with a low that leads to a techable knockdown, and has 6 frames of hit advantage, meaning that he cannot dash in without being punished by a roll wake up.

F223 still ends with a kick that says it hits mid but for no explanation really hits high.

MB Bolt of Zeus has nearly 1.5x more start up and recovery than the non meter burn version, killing any combo potential.

But...wait a minute. Woah, wait a minute. What's this? More damage? DAMAGE? WOOAAAAHHH. Totally what he needed. So satisfied. Leave it to NRS to satisfy people complaining by jingling keys and hoping the kids with short attention spans clap and laugh.

This is pretty much how I feel with Shazam in general. Not surprisingly no one knows who he is, but Christ he can fly. Why is he running? Then again, in Injustice story mode Superman just ices his mouth to stop him from yelling "Shazam!" when he's obviously already in Captain Marvel form, and in the comics is frequently either Superman's equal or bests him.

But he's not as popular as Baman or Stuperman! So just keep brushing him under the rug.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
You missed the point. Giving him a cancelable charge gives him an armored move that he can cancel into other armored moves including the command grab, anti-air grab and the overhead punch. This is something you could do at any level of venom, not to mention venom debuff is already not stopping high level banes from winning.

Basically, if you want a cancelable charge, then you need to add some sort of ending lag on the cancel or make it unable to cancel into another armored move. Just saying we can't make it cancel in the same way as Grundy's walking corpse.
Like any trait, it's strong but it will wear off. Bane is the only one who has a trait and then gets punished for using it. No venom, no way to get people off of him, and he is taking much more damage at level 3 like you said. I'm aware of his *potential* offense at level 3 venom, but level 3 venom is a huge risk and high level bane players won't use it often, so your scenario is not very realistic

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Like any trait, it's strong but it will wear off. Bane is the only one who has a trait and then gets punished for using it. No venom, no way to get people off of him, and he is taking much more damage at level 3 like you said. I'm aware of his *potential* offense at level 3 venom, but level 3 venom is a huge risk and high level bane players won't use it often, so your scenario is not very realistic
Youre still tryna justify this obvious bullshit?

Deathstroke.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Youre still tryna justify this obvious bullshit?
I don't know what you just said. If you want to be taken seriously take your time posting. Second, there is nothing to "justify" as I'm one of the few people on this site that actually knows Bane inside and out. If venom lasted the whole match, I see your point. It doesn't, and it's a short window and at level 3, it's not hard to run away from him nor keep him away. You realize he has a cooldown also and takes a lot more damage right?

Instead of repeating what others are saying, try to think for yourself cause what I'm saying makes sense

MagicMan357

I don't know what you just said. If you want to be taken seriously take your time posting. Second, there is nothing to "justify" as I'm one of the few people on this site that actually knows Bane inside and out. If venom lasted the whole match, I see your point. It doesn't, and it's a short window and at level 3, it's not hard to run away from him nor keep him away. You realize he has a cooldown also and takes a lot more damage right?

Instead of repeating what others are saying, try to think for yourself cause what I'm saying makes sense
No just because you keep saying it doesnt mean it makes sense. Its a freaking atrocious idea, but im not surprised as many people on this site dont understand fighters. People have already slaughtered your points but you just keep bullshitting.

Give it up, its dumb and OP

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
No just because you keep saying it doesnt mean it makes sense. Its a freaking atrocious idea, but im not surprised as many people on this site dont understand fighters. People have already slaughtered your points but you just keep bullshitting.

Give it up, its dumb and OP
Nobody "slaughtered" anything, they put up their point, I put up mine. I play the char, they don't. The best Bane player did not come in here and disagree either (nor did he agree). I clearly broke down why it's not OP and I disagreed. I know it's shocking, but I'm allowed to disagree and if you are too lazy to read my crystal clear points that's not my issue

And I've made nationals for games before. Who are you exactly?

MagicMan357

Nobody "slaughtered" anything, they put up their point, I put up mine. I play the char, they don't. The best Bane player did not come in here and disagree either (nor did he agree). I clearly broke down why it's not OP and I disagreed. I know it's shocking, but I'm allowed to disagree and if you are too lazy to read my crystal clear points that's not my issue

And I've made nationals for games before. Who are you exactly?
yep because youve made nationals you make sense....done

and who cares, i dont think nrs is that retarded anyways...hopefully

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
yep because youve made nationals you make sense....done

and who cares, i dont think nrs is that retarded anyways...hopefully
I can just tell how fast you are hitting the reply button you aren't reading what I'm saying. If you are going to disagree, then cool. The guys I disagreed w/, I've talked to in the past and have no issue w/. However, it's flat out ignorant to just hit the reply button and shit on an idea you aren't even reading. If you want to get into an adult discussion, act like one, otherwise, let the grownups talk and go sit in the corner

MagicMan357

I can just tell how fast you are hitting the reply button you aren't reading what I'm saying. If you are going to disagree, then cool. The guys I disagreed w/, I've talked to in the past and have no issue w/. However, it's flat out ignorant to just hit the reply button and shit on an idea you aren't even reading. If you want to get into an adult discussion, act like one, otherwise, let the grownups talk and go sit in the corner
Youre on a shazam topic, spouting off about some bane nonsense when he is already on point. Thats why im not taking you serious.