What's new

Breakthrough Confirmed Details on Changes to Shazam!

Bane is high risk/high reward, read character. His entire game (from wakeups to oki and getting in) is based on making reads.

He can't really throw moves out and wait although a few of his strings are + on block.
He can't throw out a bunch of safe moves at neutral to dictate the pace of the game.
He also can't really zone or play keepaway (although he has a GREAT backdash)

I just want some fixes to other characters stuff (GL's minigun and BA's lightning being projectiles being a couple) and tweaks to his game (I h8 that F2D motion for that overhead, BF2 doesn't do enough damage, not having D2 scale so much in combos, and the 1 in 113 not whiffing for no reason).

But I would LOVE to see what happens if they made a charge cancel. I don't think it would be that big deal if they do something like make the cancel only cancellabel wihle in Venom and you can only cancel into other Venom armored/buffed specials/normals.

He would still be a read character.
Just with a move that instead of only being Yolo and being jumped over/teleported SO EASILY, can make people think and make a read so Bane can make a read.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Qwark28 yes I'm aware he's the best bane. I haven't played him but I've heard good things. I will be surprised if he thinks cancelling a charge would not be a good idea for the game

Error

DF2+R2
Metzos He will still lose to chars like GL, Batman, Superman, NW, Batgirl............shit, anybody who hits more than once. Which is a lot of people. Bane got a lot better, he's a solid.......mid? Cancelling the charge will be far from game breaking. He doesn't need more damage. He doesn't need more speed. He just needs this and will allow him to somewhat compete w/all the brain dead top tier. We aren't asking for a F23 string or B23+ on block whiff punisher
I forget the number, but Bane's 223 has like +30 cancel advantage, imagine if we could charge cancel. Oh and Bane goes 5-5 or better against GL. BA is the only character who is almost impossible to get in on.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Bane does not go "even" with GL. No. He loses to NW, WW, Superman, BA and 223 is nowhere close to +30 on block. Don't you think EVERYBODY on planet earth would play him if he had a fast string w/+30 on block?

Not on Bane's lvl sorry.
I don't know much that cuts through Batgirl's moves when she wakes up. Hell, her cartwhell roughs up all Bane's venomed moves unless at lvl 3, and her smoke evade gets her away from everything Bane can do unless in the corner.
And we all know Bane in debuff is DECIDEDLY different as an oki and anti-wakeup character.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
These are good... does this mean that if we get a reset combo you lose your lifebar now? awesome.

I don't like how unsafe b23 is though... would be worth it if the damn thing didn't corpse hop all the time ;_;

poofynamanama2

SHAZAAAAAAAAM
DAMAGE BUFFS!

Still not happy that his teleport didnt get buffed, shazam has a hard time getting in on people who turtle all day (and the style of play this game caters towards)

his HM already had stupid range, itll be funny to see how much further it reaches lol

Hated Greatness

Super Villain
I need to see a complete list of the Shazam buffs. I am not at all optimistic from what is listed so far. Lobo's were well thought out. I don't think Injustice will ever get Shazam right really.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
So far as my understanding goes, I don't believe shazam has any trouble getting in. Can someone show me otherwise? I haven't seen enough high level Shazam.

perfectghast

Just throw it out, and hope for the best!
Guys! What if they make it that b2,3 leaves you with enough time and height on the pop up that you can b3 right after it and get a meter less combo that does around 40% GODLIKE......superman watch out!

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
To be fair, I didn't hear anyone requesting all the aspects of the nerf that scorpion got. There was one thing people requested, and that was to fix a single move: his teleport.

Imo a lot of extra things were done that weren't requested at all.

I think a lot of people would be fine with him having decent damage and a decent ground game; it's the bunny-hopping, win-with-only-tele-and-jump 1/3 that people wanted toned down.

poofynamanama2

SHAZAAAAAAAAM
To be fair, I didn't hear anyone requesting all the aspects of the nerf that scorpion got. There was one thing people requested, and that was to fix a single move: his teleport.

Imo a lot of extra things were done that weren't requested at all.

I think a lot of people would be fine with him having decent damage and a decent ground game; it's the bunny-hopping, win-with-only-tele-and-jump 1/3 that people wanted toned down.

Lots of people bitched about his j3 and instant j1

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Lots of people bitched about his j3 and instant j1
That's mostly only because of what he was able to do with them in combination with his teleport. But I didn't see people asking to lower his damage into the ground or torch his other moves.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
No one is forcing Shazam to always go into high/low cmd grab after 22 , he can 22xtele and i don't think that's punishable by most characters , also 22 isn't safe on block? 22xxtorpedo point blank is punishable by everyone in the cast?
22 is negative on block, but not too much. Game says -4 but Joker can punish it with D1 (But not B1 it seems). Teleport makes him safe but he gets nothing off of it. 22>torpedo is punishable by everyone I believe.