What's new

Complete DLC characters on SFxTK disc

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
FTR, even Cole, Pac-Man & MM are on the 360 disc too.

yes, seriously.
Damn Cole? I thought naughty dog was a Sony IP. Kind of strange. And for the comments that say "you don't go online and play random people" what kind of joke is this? Thats all I really have in these games outside of a once or twice a month meet up with my friends for a few hours. snipped* Puts foot in mouth*. This is actually quite well done, maybe just a few tweaks but the other character's vids look good.

1, i agree, yes it is common, why dont we talk about it here? because those games are not MK, and 12 of the games you listed are not fighting games. so everyone is doing it. that does not make it right. its abusing the consumer.

2, yes it is cheaper for the publisher, yes its cheaper for the developer, no it is not cheaper for you, the person buying it.

3, at the very least they should offer a small patch for free, if it is true they are missing some small files [i dont doubt you]

about skarlet - yes it was the same situation. it still doesnt make it right. people were angry when they found that out.
If the consumers aren't against it across the board then nothing will happen. If nobody stops it for numerous XYZ triple AAA games, then why should capcom, NRS, namco, aksys, or any other company do anything different?

People tend to forget that if DLC did not exist, some stuff would simply not be added to the game. Yes in some(many) cases its get abused but without dlc new stuff wouldn't be added into the game. I already explained the basic structure of how the retail game gets budgeted, and how the dlc gets budgeted. The argument that it "abusing" the customer is a weak one. The reason why its a weak one is because they are giving you exactly what they advertise. Of course if they lie about that then yes, by all means boycott that developer/publisher, but this is not the case. If people truly felt cheated and lied to then nobody would buy the game, but people don't feel cheated and lied.

INB4 Capcom fanboy defense that ignores the part where I said its a shitty practice.

edit
Damn Cole? I thought naughty dog was a Sony IP. Kind of strange. And for the comments that say "you don't go online and play random people" what kind of joke is this? Thats all I really have in these games outside of a once or twice a month meet up with my friends for a few hours. And about the stuff not looking done...
Take a look at all the endings and cinematics. No voices recorded. Yes majority of the data is in, but there is a small part not yet incorporated.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I personally don't give a damn where the DLC content is. If you are charged for some content you have the choice to unlock it or not. If MS and Sony charge for the amount of bites for downloading, than I understand Capcom's position. Also what Sasarix said, you won't have the issues you had with MK9 downloadable compatibility packs.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I will agree with whoever said they said 38 characters, which is what you paid for. The only good news that I can give you guys is that capcom "claimed" that there will only be one version of the game and all future updates/add ons will be added via dlc or dlcode.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Anyway, I don't care who it is, what game it is, planning paid DLC in general before a game's release is fucking lame (yes, MK is getting put on blast here too, hence why I didn't buy the klassic costume pack, Skarlet or Kenshi), it's supposed to be an afterthought, new ideas that directors didn't realize during the development window. What happened to the good ole days of secrets, easter eggs and cheats? "LOL NOPE, WE'LL JUST HOLD THAT PART OF THEIR GAME FOR RANSOM"

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
People just don't seem to understand. The characters are already on the disc, yes. But they are intended to be DLC characters down the line. Of course everyone is complaining saying we should have the characters now. Just because they're already on the disc doesn't mean we should have them now. They're on the disc so you don't have to buy another version of the game, such as Super SFxT. Them being on the disc means people who don't buy them can still play against them. Otherwise they would have to NOT ALLOW people who don't get the DLC to NOT play online.

People complain that there's all these new versions of SF4. Then when Capcom tries to not do that, they get shitted on anyway. Can't have it both ways.

Tim Static

Adminerator
People just don't seem to understand. The characters are already on the disc, yes. But they are intended to be DLC characters down the line. Of course everyone is complaining saying we should have the characters now. Just because they're already on the disc doesn't mean we should have them now. They're on the disc so you don't have to buy another version of the game, such as Super SFxT. Them being on the disc means people who don't buy them can still play against them. Otherwise they would have to NOT ALLOW people who don't get the DLC to NOT play online.

People complain that there's all these new versions of SF4. Then when Capcom tries to not do that, they get shitted on anyway. Can't have it both ways.
thats not the problem, at least not mine. But its the fact that they are charging you more money for something you've already bought.

its like buying a pizza, but having to pay later to eat the pepperoni on it....lol

Goku

Noob
Ok lets get some facts down first

1) on disc dlc is common in almost everygame. Dead space 2, saints row 3, mw3, mw2, black ops, bf3, ass creed, mk9, dragon age 2, mass effect 3, mass effect 2, pokemon, final fantasy 13-2, soul calibur 5 etc etc.

2) how dlc works in the gaming industry works like this. The retail game gets budgeted first then dlc get budgeted afterward. The whole plan and majority (if not all) of the creation is made before the game goes gold. The reason is 1) its cheaper for the publisher, 2) its cheaper for the developer and 3) so the development team can start on a new project.

3) The characters are missing some files, although it is very small (voices in cutscene and etc).

I mean if the 12 dlc characters didn't even exist, would anybody call SFxT roster small? or call it an incomplete game? No. Before the dlc model even exist character probably would not have been made and if they did it was an addon "super" version of the game.

Is this a shitty practice? In my opinion yes. But it is the reality of all gaming. You either accept it or don't game. That is that.

ps
Just to play the devil's advocate. Does anybody not remember Skarlet model being in the game and could be hacked in? Yes it wasn't 100% working in the game, but a good portion of it was.
IT does not matter what excuses/reasons you put to it, ON-Disc DLC is WRONG. And for everyone who is complaining about not being able to play the characters online, then they should do what NRS did with Freddy in MK9. Make a mandatory update that the user MUST download in order to access the game. That is a very EASY AND SIMPLE SOLUTION that will make everyone happy. BTW, that Skarlet model was not accessed from inside of the game. The original YouTube user received an early release of a Beta Skarlet DLC and leaked it on YouTube. None of that was hacked from inside the game itself, as the original game WITHOUT ANY DLC, just has a model of her and nothing more.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
thats not the problem, at least not mine. But its the fact that they are charging you more money for something you've already bought.

its like buying a pizza, but having to pay later to eat the pepperoni on it....lol
Either have it this way, or buy Super SFxT. I for one am glad there's not going to be another version and my SFxT disc is gonna be the only one I'll need.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
Either have it this way, or buy Super SFxT. I for one am glad there's not going to be another version and my SFxT disc is gonna be the only one I'll need.
wheres the third option where the characters on the disc we bought are playable? everyone seems to magically forget that one.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
wheres the third option where the characters on the disc we bought are playable? everyone seems to magically forget that one.
The characters are on the disc so you don't have to buy another disc. If they weren't on the disc you would have to buy another version of the game hence another disc. You didn't pay for them just because they're technically on the disc. So there's no third option. They actually listened to the people and now they're getting shit for it only because someone hacked the game.

miloPKL

The characters are on the disc so you don't have to buy another disc. If they weren't on the disc you would have to buy another version of the game hence another disc. You didn't pay for them just because they're technically on the disc. So there's no third option. They actually listened to the people and now they're getting shit for it only because someone hacked the game.
i know i dont have to buy another disc. they are on the disc i bought. behind a paywall. for no other reason.

"but they aren't finished!!"

so... the game.... was released unfinished?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
i know i dont have to buy another disc. they are on the disc i bought. behind a paywall. for no other reason.

"but they aren't finished!!"

so... the game.... was released unfinished?
The reason they're on the disc is so you don't have to buy another one, that's the only reason you need. They aren't available to use because they aren't supposed to be.

I don't know why you aren't getting this, it's really not that hard... at all.

miloPKL

The reason they're on the disc is so you don't have to buy another one, that's the only reason you need. They aren't available to use because they aren't supposed to be.

I don't know why you aren't getting this, it's really not that hard... at all.
like i said, i know i dont have to buy another one, because the one i bought already has them. i just have to pay later to access that portion of the disc, even though i already own the disc. its exactly like tim said. its like if you bought a house and you owned the house and the land, but you werent allowed to use the spare bedroom until 6 months. you can see the room and you know that its there in the house that you bought, and you wonder why you can't use the room. all you know is that in 6 months time, youre allowed to use the room BUT only if you pay them again. what the fuck? you paid full price for this house in the first place!

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Me: So this brand new Ford car I've paid for is all mine now?
Car salesman: Yes sir all yours
Me: Really, all mine?
Car salesman: Well kind of sir.
Me:Kind of?
Car salesman: Well yes its all yours except for an item in the glove box.
Me: I don't understand.
Car salesman: Yes there's an item in there that will make your driving experience even better.
Me: Cool when can I have it?
Care salesman. Well it will remain locked in there until you have owned the car for 6 months.
Me: What, that's rediculous!
Car salesman: Oh yes and you have to pay extra for it.
Me: But its mine! Its in my fucking car!
Car salesman: I'm afraid not sir.
Me: I want my money back.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
DLC auto combos

Cashcom, the franchise for scrubs. What the fuck happened? 3S > all this overly forgiving garbage.

^_^ I CANZ BE DAIGO TOO! ^_^

Cashcom can suck a fart out of my ass at this point. "Hey, let's discourage new players from learning how to actually play the fucking game! $$$$$$$$$$$$$"

And MK's gotten all this hate...ROFL.

miloPKL

Me: So this brand new Ford car I've paid for is all mine now?
Car salesman: Yes sir all yours
Me: Really, all mine?
Car salesman: Well kind of sir.
Me:Kind of?
Car salesman: Well yes its all yours except for an item in the glove box.
Me: I don't understand.
Car salesman: Yes there's an item in there that will make your driving experience even better.
Me: Cool when can I have it?
Care salesman. Well it will remain locked in there until you have owned the car for 6 months.
Me: What, that's rediculous!
Car salesman: Oh yes and you have to pay extra for it.
Me: But its mine! Its in my fucking car!
Car salesman: I'm afraid not sir.
Me: I want my money back.
Friend of car salesman: NO BUT YOU DONT UNDERSTAND! ITS SO YOU DONT NEED TO BUY A WHOLE NEW CAR LATER! ARE YOU DUMB?!

GNG Iniquity

My thoughts throughout following this game.

GEM SYSTEM? FUCK THAT > Oh hey, this game looks a lot better! > Wow, all my friends love this game, I might get it! > AUTO COMBO DLC?! > I'D RATHER WIPE MY ASS WITH $60 THAN BUY THIS SHIT!

The DLC on disc was bad too, but nothing compares to combo presets...

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
The DLC on disc was bad too, but nothing compares to combo presets...
From my understanding the auto combos do lower damage and take up a gem slot that could be used for something better anyway. I think its a good idea to introduce new players. Once people mock them enough the shame will force them to hit training mode anyway. ;)

GNG Iniquity

From my understanding the auto combos do lower damage and take up a gem slot that could be used for something better anyway. I think its a good idea to introduce new players. Once the people mock them enough the shame will force them to hit training mode anyway. ;)
No, I know people like this, a friend and I are acquainted with an overly casual player who actually got the game 3 days ahead of release. Anyways, he calls out my friend, who's been playing FGs for a long ass time mainly SF. So, my friend plays him and destroys him naturally, and his reaction to this is "Well, I got the game 3 days earlier than you, why did I lose?" This guy switches between a stick that he's beaten to hell and a 360 pad in which he uses the analog stick on it and looks like he has parkinsons disease. Then gets super salty when he loses.

These people don't get it, period. All this is going to do is say to the overly casual players "Hey, look! We know you suck and you can't care to invest a few hours a week in the lab but we have a solution! GIVE US YOUR MONEY!"

It's very frustrating to me, being someone who's currently working on establishing an offline scene to think to myself that Cashcom may cater to these people, give them the false pretenses that they actually know how to play the game and waste my time and theirs.