What's new

Complaining about deadshot? I have a ? for you.

Vithar

Evil but Honest!
Have you ever seen a 12 yo boy fight? It's funny how the female gender is only to be mentioned when you have something offensive to say.
And by the way, that depends on the girl.
Funny for you to call me sensitive though, when you started this thread because people was bitching about zoning and that made you sick. Check your double standards mate.
You sound like a SJW , rofl!

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I can't read the comments on any of Pig's Fate videos, or any Deadshot gameplay because the cringe factor is absolutely insane. I just can't do it, the retinal aids is just enormous. It's the commenters on those videos that actually piss me off, most of you guys on TYM, even the people that hate zoning are at least reasonable and understand the game.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
The getting booed at EVO thing is kind of a funny thing to me. It's not like MKX EVO was some awesome thing either. The only thing hype about the first EVO was Milky Situation and Zyphox making top 8, other than that there were two Tempest Laos, a Tanya, and a Quan, and Sonic Fox won with Outlaw Erron Black who was hot shit to youtubers back then, and his Kitana who all of those people on chat bitched about. Then the second one minus Tekken Master taking second being great and Michelangelo making top 8 being cool. Other than that it wasn't really super hype either, I mean it ended with Alien, who everyone and their mom were having an aneurism about.

Point is zoning not being there didn't make people any more enthusiastic. Mass audiences don't like seeing top tiers win, or the same player winning. Here let me spoil EVO for you, Sonic Fox is gonna win with a top tier character and it won't be Deadshot. Enjoy your hype EVO lol

Last edited:

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
Have you ever seen a 12 yo boy fight? It's funny how the female gender is only to be mentioned when you have something offensive to say.
And by the way, that depends on the girl.
Funny for you to call me sensitive though, when you started this thread because people was bitching about zoning and that made you sick. Check your double standards mate.
Have you ever seen P2W fight?

I know a 12 year old in my boxing gym who would wreck him in 2 minutes.
I'll bring her with me to the next tournament.
Oh, goddamn...

Make something out of nothing, would ya please?

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
My opinion has changed.

Lets be real, Injustice 2 was always a lost cause, nerfing Deadshot won't change that.
But if you do nerf him then Lord Aris's chat would be a lot less funny, and that would not be ok.

Save Deadshot, save my entertainment.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
The getting booed at EVO thing is kind of a funny thing to me. It's not like MKX EVO was some awesome thing either. The only thing hype about the first EVO was Milky Situation and Zyphox making top 8
Erm. Posts like this discredit themselves with bias.

There was a huge US vs. EU storyline going into EVO 2015. It grew out of the ESL/the forums and dominated the months from release till EVO. Foxy Grampa wasn't wearing a human-sized British flag on his back for no reason.

Having 2 guys from the UK in the Top 8 was a big deal. Honeybee making Top 3 to put Canada on the map was also a big deal, and the story of who was going to have the edge between Sonic and Foxy was huge (and at that time, no one could really say for sure).

Foxy winning would have had huge repercussions and kicked off another year of smack talk and heated international rivalries. The stakes were big.

Anyone saying the two underdogs making their way to Top 8 was the only hype either wasn't part of the community, or is willingly subverting the truth in order to try to force an agenda here.

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Erm. Posts like this discredit themselves with bias.

There was a huge US vs. EU storyline going into Top 8 at EVO. It grew out of ESL and dominated the months from release till EVO. Foxy Grampa wasn't wearing a human-sized British flag on his back for no reason.

Having 2 guys from the UK in the Top 8 was a big deal. Honeybee making Top 3 to put Canada on the map was also a big deal, and the story of who was going to have the edge between Sonic and Foxy was huge (and at that time, no one could really say for sure).

Foxy winning would have had huge repercussions and kicked off another year of smack talk and heated international rivalries. The stakes were big.

Anyone saying the two underdogs making their way to Top 8 was the only hype either wasn't part of the community, or is willingly subverting the truth in order to try to force an agenda here.
I guess I downplayed how cool Ketchup putting Sorcerer Quan on the map was, that was the first time that character did anything huge and it was pretty awesome.

I'm not talking about the people more involved in the community getting hyped either, I'm talking more about the general audiences and what they're interested in seeing. Everyone knew Foxy was godlike and would do well, him vs Fox in grand finals wasn't really a shock to anyone. I feel like even at that time Sonic was clearly a cut above everyone else, but maybe that's just me?

My point wasn't that the rivalries were shit and to just be a dick, it's just that Injustice won't provide anything less to GENERAL audiences than MKX did.

And yeah other than Ketchup for putting Sorcerer out there, Zyphox for getting his first major success in MKX, and Milky making top 8 with that mediocre version of Reptile were the only real standouts of the first EVO to me. And yeah I was only casually watching at best at that point, which kind of proves the point I was trying to make, Deadshot won't ruin EVO lol.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
I guess I downplayed how cool Ketchup putting Sorcerer Quan on the map was, that was the first time that character did anything huge and it was pretty awesome.

I'm not talking about the people more involved in the community getting hyped either, I'm talking more about the general audiences and what they're interested in seeing. Everyone knew Foxy was godlike and would do well, him vs Fox in grand finals wasn't really a shock to anyone. I feel like even at that time Sonic was clearly a cut above everyone else, but maybe that's just me?

My point wasn't that the rivalries were shit and to just be a dick, it's just that Injustice won't provide anything less to GENERAL audiences than MKX did.

And yeah other than Ketchup for putting Sorcerer out there, Zyphox for getting his first major success in MKX, and Milky making top 8 with that mediocre version of Reptile were the only real standouts of the first EVO to me. And yeah I was only casually watching at best at that point, which kind of proves the point I was trying to make, Deadshot won't ruin EVO lol.
I'm pretty sure the general audience was pretty hyped to see a guy with a giant flag on his back playing for a 50k pot bonus against a high school kid.

Especially without anything as soul-destroyingly repetitive as 2013 f23lasers killing the fun.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I'm pretty sure the general audience was pretty hyped to see a guy with a giant flag on his back playing for a 50k pot bonus against a high school kid.

Especially without anything as soul-destroyingly repetitive as 2013 f23 killing the fun.
Idk it was super predictable to me, but I'm honestly a giant pessimist, maybe I'm just a douche bag lol. And I didn't follow INJ 1 too closely, but Iv heard about the horror stories of pre patch Superman.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Idk it was super predictable to me, but I'm honestly a giant pessimist, maybe I'm just a douche bag lol. And I didn't follow INJ 1 too closely, but Iv heard about the horror stories of pre patch Superman.
Well on one hand you're putting yourself in the shoes of a community enthusiant saying it was predictable because you're already familiar with Sonic and Foxy (and to me that's debateable, as Foxy was going blow for blow with him until he stopped switching Lao variations).

But then you're saying you were talking about the general public, who wouldn't have known nearly as much about Foxy at that point, and might have been surprised to see this dude from another continent giving a supposedly invincible Fox a run for his money.

I think you're arguing from both sides of the fence here -- and I don't completely understand the case being made; as I think EVO 2015 and 2016 were both very successful Top 8 showings and a far cry from vanilla Injustice.

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Well on one hand you're putting yourself in the shoes of a community enthusiant saying it was predictable because you're already familiar with Sonic (and to me that's debateable, as Foxy was going blow for blow with him until he stopped switching Lao variations).

But then you're saying you were talking about the general public, who wouldn't have known nearly as much about Foxy at that point, and might have been surprised to see this dude from another continent giving a supposedly invincible Fox a run for his money.

I think you're arguing from both sides of the fence here -- and I don't completely understand the case being made; as I think EVO 2015 and 2016 were both very successful Top 8 showings and a far cry from vanilla Injustice.
Well for one I didn't draw a comparison to vanilla Injustice, I'm just saying that people already, less than a week in, are worried that Deadshot will get us booed at EVO.

I never meant to put myself in the shoes of a community enthusiast, maybe my phrasing was bad or confusing. I meant that me as a member of the mass audience, occasionally watching tournaments, felt pretty confident that Fox would play Foxy or DJT in grand finals and win. Once Sonic switched to Erron Black I no longer felt any tension, but that could be just me. To anyone reading, don't take this as me saying Foxy isn't amazing, he is one of the best and most consistently dominant MKX players, I just felt like Fox would win.

I definitely said more than I should have, I realize that now. The only relevant point I want to make is that being worried already, less than a week in, about Deadshot sucking the hype out of EVO is dumb.

E

Eldriken

Well for one I didn't draw a comparison to vanilla Injustice, I'm just saying that people already, less than a week in, are worried that Deadshot will get us booed at EVO.

I never meant to put myself in the shoes of a community enthusiast, maybe my phrasing was bad or confusing. I meant that me as a member of the mass audience, occasionally watching tournaments, felt pretty confident that Fox would play Foxy or DJT in grand finals and win. Once Sonic switched to Erron Black I no longer felt any tension, but that could be just me. To anyone reading, don't take this as me saying Foxy isn't amazing, he is one of the best and most consistently dominant MKX players, I just felt like Fox would win.

I definitely said more than I should have, I realize that now. The only relevant point I want to make is that being worried already, less than a week in, about Deadshot sucking the hype out of EVO is dumb.
But it's not dumb...

Look what happened with Superman in Injustice 1 at EVO and Tanya in MKXL at CEO.

If Deadshot doesn't get changed by EVO and we have legions upon legions of Deadshot players from pools all the way to Top 16, that's gonna be an effing joke, dude. No one can deny that. None of us want that. None of us.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
But it's not dumb...

Look what happened with Superman in Injustice 1 at EVO and Tanya in MKXL at CEO.

If Deadshot doesn't get changed by EVO and we have legions upon legions of Deadshot players from pools all the way to Top 16, that's gonna be an effing joke, dude. No one can deny that. None of us want that. None of us.
Is Deadshot really as good as vanilla Tanya though? I'm not seeing it. I never experienced vanilla Superman but I can't imagine Deadshot being better or as good as them. Like I said, if Deadshot turns out to actually be busted as fuck I'm totally down for adjustments, I just don't see how we could possibly know yet.

E

Eldriken

Is Deadshot really as good as vanilla Tanya though? I'm not seeing it. I never experienced vanilla Superman but I can't imagine Deadshot being better than them. Like I said, if Deadshot turns out to actually be busted as fuck I'm totally down for adjustments, I just don't see how we could possibly know yet.
It's not about how good they are. It's about how effing boring they are while being amazingly effective.

They were both boring to watch, hence getting booed. The same thing would happen with Deadshot if something doesn't change before then.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Tanya was ultimately what stopped all of MKX's momentum as a spectator game.
Before her, people were getting into, then CEO and beyond happened, and Top Tanyer became a joke, and MKX never really recovered from it, everyone in stream chat just made fun of it and stopped watching, because all the top 8 were hella boring, with just Sonic and Dragon mirrors.

Kobu Jutsu ran a mok for too long.

But hey, if i'ts not Deadshot, it will probably be one of the DLC characters that are ridiculously overtuned and make everyone dip out.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
It's not about how good they are. It's about how effing boring they are while being amazingly effective.

They were both boring to watch, hence getting booed. The same thing would happen with Deadshot if something doesn't change before then.
Idk, that's totally subjective. I love watching zoning. Unless the matchup is totally fucked, I think keeping someone out the whole game should be respected. Deadshot honestly doesn't bore me, especially not compared to Tanya. Tanya at CEO was probably the first and only time anyone rooted for Grandmaster Sub lol.

And it's definitely about how good they are, because the frequency of Deadshot players placing high wouldn't be as high as Tanya's if he isn't as good as her.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Zoning can be exciting to watch, even NRS zoning on occasion.

Deadshot is not though.
His gameplay is incredibly straight forward and his visual animation and sound design are as bland as it gets.
All his gun shots look the same and sound like a wet noodle.

He doesn't do anything flashy or extravagant, he sits back and shoots one shot over and over again well the opponent is forced to slowly walk across a giant screen, only to get knocked back because they were so focused on his zoning, they always get hit by his low overhead string into more guns.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
But hey, if i'ts not Deadshot, it will probably be one of the DLC characters that are ridiculously overtuned and make everyone dip out.
This is super true, it may not be Deadshot but NRS has a history of letting something stupid through the cracks to ruin the game at tournaments and fixing it only after the damage is done.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
This is super true, it may not be Deadshot but NRS has a history of letting something stupid through the cracks to ruin the game at tournaments and fixing it only after the damage is done.
And they never even really fixed Tanya.
They just made her into a giant uglier Baraka Alien, and let her ruin even more tournaments.

It's like they went out of their way to make their game as uninteresting as possible to viewers.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Funny thing is I bet he won't even play Deadshot at a major , He's gonna break out some busted shit with a character nobody saw coming cause we were to busy bitching about DS lol
Some of us see it coming. While he's wisely got people talking about nerf Deadshot, a character getting figured out more and more each day by solid players, with quite a few tough MUs, he'll be winning Combo Breaker with the barely whispered about Captain Cold and his godlike tech.

Very wise indeed for his young age.

Eijiken

Noob
I have been lucky enough to play for about a week. The Dead shot is everything I have wanted minus a good D2. Watch the stream here https://www.twitch.tv/videos/144249947 for sonic fox play.

In this archive note the chat. People going CRAZY about deadshot zoning.

Here is my question. Why is it ok when someone puts you in a standing reset/5050 and one touch of deaths you like Cap Cold, Cheetah, Canary but when zoning is actually good and you can keep them out the entire match its cancer?

I have news for you. Even if they nerf the crap out of dead shot, the same people losing in this video with sonic fox would still lose THE EXACT SAME WAY! And those people complaining would still lose to 50/50s and be ok with it? Just wait until you guys see what canary or cap cold are capable of. Dead shot has some very clear issues and in the beginning of the game zoning always seems stronger than it is bc people don't have bnbs down and understand punishes.

Anti zoning scrubs are hypocrites and make me sick. Fighting games are not just about standing in front of each other and swinging your arms with your eyes closed leaning away like a 12 yo girl. Zoning and space control are an essential part of a good game. As honey bee said in support of deadshot "Get Gud"

THERE IS NO RUN BUTTON IN THIS GAME IT IS NOT MKX!
I never would've expected you to pick up DS

Call me surprised

As I now have time to pick this game up after a busy day at work, its a little daunting knowing that my character I pick up needs to have tools to deal with zoners or be one themselves or sit here catching L's.

It's not too pleasing being pigeonholed before even picking things up

E

Eldriken

Idk, that's totally subjective. I love watching zoning. Unless the matchup is totally fucked, I think keeping someone out the whole game should be respected. Deadshot honestly doesn't bore me, especially not compared to Tanya. Tanya at CEO was probably the first and only time anyone rooted for Grandmaster Sub lol.

And it's definitely about how good they are, because the frequency of Deadshot players placing high wouldn't be as high as Tanya's if he isn't as good as her.
Yeah, it is subjective. But history has showed us that no one likes seeing the same thing over and over again winning matches.

A perfect example is F23man. That shit was a joke. I know it's not zoning, but I'm not really talking about zoning specifically. I'm talking about how boring it will be for people to see Deadshot do what he does the entire time he's on screen. It doesn't matter if 1 or 5 Deadshot players make it into Top 8; it will be boring all the same.

Tanya was boring to watch. Superman was boring to watch. Alien was boring to watch watch.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Yeah, it is subjective. But history has showed us that no one likes seeing the same thing over and over again winning matches.

A perfect example is F23man. That shit was a joke. I know it's not zoning, but I'm not really talking about zoning specifically. I'm talking about how boring it will be for people to see Deadshot do what he does the entire time he's on screen. It doesn't matter if 1 or 5 Deadshot players make it into Top 8; it will be boring all the same.

Tanya was boring to watch. Superman was boring to watch. Alien was boring to watch watch.
There's really nothing for me to argue about since it's just a difference of our opinions. I like Deadshot.