What's new

Complaining about deadshot? I have a ? for you.

Vithar

Evil but Honest!
But it's not dumb...

Look what happened with Superman in Injustice 1 at EVO and Tanya in MKXL at CEO.

If Deadshot doesn't get changed by EVO and we have legions upon legions of Deadshot players from pools all the way to Top 16, that's gonna be an effing joke, dude. No one can deny that. None of us want that. None of us.
Don't speak about ''everyone'' , if not Deadshot - someone else will be over represented and if not zoning - 50/50 / xups with resets will be the problem.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
if not zoning - 50/50 / xups with resets will be the problem.
That may have been true of MKX, but there aren't a lot of characters with a safe fast low and overhead full combo starter in this game. Usually they either have either just the oh/low or one option is slow enough to be reactable. Or fast but doesn't lead to significant damage.

Definitely a different design philosophy (and imo a smart one).

Slymind

Noob
But it's not dumb...

Look what happened with Superman in Injustice 1 at EVO and Tanya in MKXL at CEO.

If Deadshot doesn't get changed by EVO and we have legions upon legions of Deadshot players from pools all the way to Top 16, that's gonna be an effing joke, dude. No one can deny that. None of us want that. None of us.
Both Superman and Kobu were booed werent they?

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Ive played my frist 2 ds players in ranked with darkseid . One was noob who tried to zone only and that one was easy , other one was better but i still won in close fight. I think darkseid might beat ds. Also saw king beating madzin and aris with his darkseid .

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
From the standpoint of it looking and feeling like a fight, I2 is very disappointing - IMO. I'm just not motivated to play it. What's the payoff? I feel absolutely nothing when I play it.

Last edited:

GAV

sell it , easy :D
I would rather have a game to play.

There is no Sun God, Smoke, Quan Chi, Pumped Up, Mystic, or Tremor to draw me in. It feels turned based. There is no visceral feeling to it. It feels almost turn-based. I wish I had a reason to like it or motivation to play it. Anyone who likes it, good for them. Maybe I'm alone. Maybe I'm not.

Last edited:

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
I would rather have a game to play.

There is no Sun God, Smoke, Quan Chi, Pumped Up, Mystic, or Tremor to draw me in. It feels turned based. There is visceral feeling to it. It feels almost turn-based. I wish I had a reason to like it or motivation to play it. Anyone who likes it, good for them. Maybe I'm alone. Maybe I'm not.
Well I mained quan chi and I like this game too :p For me its better than mk .... No running , more zoning oriented game . Maybe wait for dlcs ? There might be your quan chi or tremor :p

Reactions: GAV

GAV

Well I mained quan chi and I like this game too :p For me its better than mk .... No running , more zoning oriented game . Maybe wait for dlcs ? There might be your quan chi or tremor :p
I hope so. I was really looking forward to I2. I hate that its not grabbing me.

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
I can't read the comments on any of Pig's Fate videos, or any Deadshot gameplay because the cringe factor is absolutely insane. I just can't do it, the retinal aids is just enormous. It's the commenters on those videos that actually piss me off, most of you guys on TYM, even the people that hate zoning are at least reasonable and understand the game.
Yeah man. The cringe level of the comments is over 9000! :eek::confused:

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
I hope so. I was really looking forward to I2. I hate that its not grabbing me.
yeah I had the same with first injustice lol ... until I tried doomsday :p So you never know lol :D Sometimes it may be character that you least expect . Im zoning guy but I ended up playing doomsday in first injustice :p

GAV

yeah I had the same with first injustice lol ... until I tried doomsday :p So you never know lol :D Sometimes it may be character that you least expect . Im zoning guy but I ended up playing doomsday in first injustice :p
Grundy was the only character in I2 that made me feel anything.

A command grab character without that stupid weird motion would go a long way.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Honestly I don't even mind deadshots zoning that much but he can't have that shit and then have safe staggering 50/50s and a safe wake up. Gtfo

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
I think the pushback on mb rifle might be a bit much but the walkspeed in this game is mich improved. Walking in is not as bad as it would have been in i1.

I don't like the idea of burning a bar to get in as an only option just to potentially lose a trade and get sent full screen again

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
They still haven't gotten the controls right in nrs games. King of accidental inputs. I gotta switch between alternate and normal for certain characters.

BookBurning

Voidwards
It's because zoning in this game revolves solely around firing off fast paced bullets at certain intervals. It's more interesting when zoners have to make calculated decisions to keep their opponent out while the other character has just as hard as a time getting in. I WANT zoning to be good. I think MOST people want zoning to be good.

Zoning should rely on both the zoner and the attacker going at it, a mind game. There's nothing interesting when the only thing is just block walking alot or MB rolling. Sometimes you can't even jump over a projectile because of multiple projectiles going off at once.

I love playing against Dhalsim's and Guiles yet I find playing against DS/DF etc. boring, tedious and a grind. That's just like my opinion though man.

Last edited: