What's new

Community-Restricted Kabal and System Kabal (UPDATES TBA)

REO

Undead
If its broken why would you want it in a game you "love"?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
Kabal is broken along with too many other things to list in MK(9), your point? A game doesn't die because of glitches. A game dies when a community refuses to support it. This community has a strong and loving root, it isn't going to die anytime soon regardless of what exploits get found.

Kabal is broken along with too many other things to list in MK(9), your point? A game doesn't die because of glitches. A game dies when a community refuses to support it. This community has a strong and loving root, it isn't going to die anytime soon regardless of what exploits get found.

You know why people would stop supporting it? When it's full of a bunch of fucked up glitches.

LolingOctopus

Modest and humble genitalia destroyer
I love the old Mk games. But the reason the tournament scene for those game's sucked was because of the exact crap that we are discussing now. Wether you like glitches, infinites, resets etc. The point is that they are bad for the scene. REO, you can play to win all you want.man. if it isn't in the rules then go for it. But if you want to enjoy the offline scene this game had then doing this kind of crap is going to ruin the games image come Mk10. Not to mention a lot of current players will pass on it next time.

Btw responding with "good...pick up another game...cry more..." Is not a valid counter argument. You can't point out how people have invalid arguments when you say no.sensicle horse shit like that.
It sadly will affect online play more than anything. Because in a tournament setting if you know somewhat the setup you can easily break the throw. The result of landing this setup completely broken I give you that. Should we discuss if we have to ban it or not? Sure!

But I'm getting more and more convinced that we won't even have an official rule about it, just like smoke's resets/shakes and a verbal agreement for each specific tournament. Hell I don't want to make you panic, but shortly after smoke's shake glitch was found out it happened in a tournament. Was it intended? No. The guy who fought this smoke player was Reo and he didn't even blink when it happened. You can even look the footage yourself since it was at toryuken 2011 top 8.

The one guy who is actively saying we shouldn't ban this is the one guy who seems to encounter the most this brokenness. Shouldn't at least even consider his arguements? What if this setup don't magically make you win tournaments. Should it be legal? If not, why not? It doesn't change your chances to win, because it's not gonna happen to you in a tournament. Unless you don't know the setup or you're surprised by it. Then do your homework.

We should at least give a few months to see the impact of it. I can understand it being banned at MLG since it's controversial, but other than that I don't expect anything really.

AK Vip3r

Ghost of Vip3r
If anyone has any simple questions like what are some of MK9-Kabal match-ups, feel free to post the question here. This is going to be a lot of work, but we have to start some where and keep this game with competitive knowledge in all aspects.
what is MK9-Kabal vs MK9-Kabal? or CR-Kabal vs MK9-Kabal?

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...
I had to face the cyclops infinte, wolverine, and more characters in xmen vs street fighter, orochi iori in kof 97, orochi leona, and infinites of 97 everything was normal in those days, I would like to return these arcade times...and Angel kof 2002 kof approx 5 years in a great competitive level in arcades, had no patch, everything was fair. In those days if you did not like the game just not playing.

No offense, I think people are very sensitive and customary to patches, want to make the game as they want.

It was supported in the past when the games were far worse in terms of glitches. I'm speaking from actual experience, you're speaking from what you think will happen.

Who in their right mind would want to put up with a game filled with worse glitches than full-round invulnerability? That doesn't sound the least bit fun.

REO

Undead
I love MK and have been playing it all my life. This shit should not exist.
My love for a franchise will not last through it being unplayable.
It's only "unplayable" through your eyes. Go watch people play other games that have worse glitches at a high level and they still get enjoyment out of it. You're basically not a true MK fan deep down if you prefer balance over supporting it.

LolingOctopus

I love MK and have been playing it all my life. This shit should not exist.
My love for a franchise will not last through it being unplayable.
Seriously, how often have you lost to a kabal in the corner by a forward throw?
Seriously, how often do you think it will happen?

These kinds of setups are so situational that you won't even see an impact on tournament results at the end of the day.

At best, the legality of this move will give the community one more argument to players that lost to Reo who wanted to swag it up.

These kinds of setups are so situational that you won't even see an impact on tournament results at the end of the day.

At best, the legality of this move will give the community one more argument to players that lost to Reo who wanted to swag it up.
He can do it off of a sweep and his overhead hook if I recall. Not to mention skarlett and raiden can do this mid screen. It's not just a kabal problem.

A lot, actually, and I've seen it happen a lot. And go watch Reo's vid where he does it several different, very practical ways.
And it's not even like it's just this shit. All the reset and imbalanced character nonsense is ridiculous as well.

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
MK was supported in the past when the games were far worse in terms of glitches. I'm speaking from actual experience, you're speaking from what you think will happen.
It wasn't supported with the numbers it has now, nor did it have the backing of something like MLG. It bugs the hell out me that we might shrink further back into obscurity when currently we play in events better than community events. I suck at this game, and I'll admit it. MK is the most fun I've had with a game as an adult anyway, and I could give a shit less if someone uses a glitch on me. I would care however if it costs our competetive scene the opportunity for growth by continuing the image of MK as a broken joke. I'll play it either way while trying to be the best I can. I was too young to be in the tournament scene for games like UMK3 so when possible I'll continue to support the game I can support. I would like to see the game taken seriously like AE, KOF, and Tekken by the FGC and fighting game fans in general. Any way you slice it the inclusion of this glitch in the game, and any use of it in tournaments will drag the scene further away from that goal. I don't think Kabal makes our game look like a joke. Every fighting game seems to have "that" character, but I do think a glitch of this magnitude does.

LolingOctopus

He can do it off of a sweep and his overhead hook if I recall. Not to mention skarlett and raiden can do this mid screen. It's not just a kabal problem.
Then we'll see more Raiden and Skarlet players who tries to abuse it and good players will read it even before the round starts. That will bring a wind of change.

Is that really a bad thing? It feels bad I'll give you that, but we should see if it even impacts gameplay results. If you make a dumb move and fall in a stupidly predictable setup, you're kind at fault. Quite honestly, I have no idea if it should be legal or not, but I'd wait a few months. Let the glitch be part of the community til 2013 (except for MLG) and you'll be quite surprised. Hell, legalize it for MLG and we're gonna have players that will try to abuse this for quick money and they'll get stomped by top players.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
You're basically not a true MK fan deep down if you prefer balance over supporting it.
i dunno man this is where i think its getting wierd, ive played every MK game because i found them fun, and i love playing fun games, which is why ive always played MK, but if MK9 now becomes a 1 round a piece game tacked on with god knows what other fucked up glitches that havent even been found yet, it wont be fun to play anymore, which defeats the whole purpose for why most of us play it in the first place. :/

Then we'll see more Raiden and Skarlet players who tries to abuse it and good players will read it even before the round starts. That will bring a wind of change.

Is that really a bad thing? It feels bad I'll give you that, but we should see if it even impacts gameplay results. If you make a dumb move and fall in a stupidly predictable setup, you're kind at fault. Quite honestly, I have no idea if it should be legal or not, but I'd wait a few months. Let the glitch be part of the community til 2013 (except for MLG) and you'll be quite surprised. Hell, legalize it for MLG and we're gonna have players that will try to abuse this for quick money and they'll get stomped by top players.
Dude, bad players will try it but you've got reo, maxter and others who say they will do it. I get swept mid screen now I'm losing 100% for sure next round? What if I know a sweep is coming? Noe I'm conditioned to block low, here comes a throw or god forbid an overhead which gives them the glitch again. You can't just say, well avoid it. It's not that easy.

Maxter

Noob
maaaaann, poor CR-Kabal, he will never be the same if this invincibility tech is banned from tournaments =( this is his best tool, how can the community agree to ban this tech and make this character more limited to win at high level play? i don't know what to think anymore :(:16Bit

LolingOctopus

Dude, bad players will try it but you've got reo, maxter and others who say they will do it. I get swept mid screen now I'm losing 100% for sure next round? What if I know a sweep is coming? Noe I'm conditioned to block low, here comes a throw or god forbid an overhead which gives them the glitch again. You can't just say, well avoid it. It's not that easy.
It is bullshit
It isn't easy to avoid

I'll give you that. But even if we make it illegal. The online kids will do it. If you play online there is NOTHING we can do to stop them from doing it to you. And what if the online players decide to abuse it to get better ranking? You can't do shit about it, neither can we. We can't turn a blind eye to it. We have to adapt to it.

I don't encourage it, but I play shang tsung and I soul steal glitch my way out every damn time. I would be an hypocrite to demand a ban on that move without having a serious discussion about all other glitches.