What's new

Community-Restricted Kabal and System Kabal (UPDATES TBA)

REO

Undead
i dunno man this is where i think its getting wierd, ive played every MK game because i found them fun, and i love playing fun games, which is why ive always played MK, but if MK9 now becomes a 1 round a piece game tacked on with god knows what other fucked up glitches that havent even been found yet, it wont be fun to play anymore, which defeats the whole purpose for why most of us play it in the first place. :/
Fun is subjective. You can never use fun as a legit argument. What others find fun, some may not. Examples:

Frank doesn't think playing Reptile is fun.
Jim thinks playing Reptile is fun.
Giuse thinks playing MK(9) with anything goes is fun.
Brant thinks playing MK(9) with anything goes is not fun.

It is bullshit
It isn't easy to avoid

I'll give you that. But even if we make it illegal. The online kids will do it. If you play online there is NOTHING we can do to stop them from doing it to you. And what if the online players decide to abuse it to get better ranking? You can't do shit about it, neither can we. We can't turn a blind eye to it. We have to adapt to it.

I don't encourage it, but I play shang tsung and I soul steal glitch my way out every damn time. I would be an hypocrite to demand a ban on that move without having a serious discussion about all other glitches.
Online rank means nothing to me. But money is on the line as well as validity at tournaments.

There are glitches, then there are game breaking glitches...this is the latter.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Fun is subjective. You can never use fun as a legit argument. What others find fun, some may not. Examples:

Frank doesn't think playing Reptile is fun.
Jim thinks playing Reptile is fun.
Giuse thinks playing MK(9) with anything goes is fun.
hmmm, that's true, but its fair to say that most people in this community appear to prefer playing without these wierd fucked up glitches, and if it does all become tournament standard i see a huge amount of people giving up completely on this game, which would make the scene for MK tiny, like MK3 all over again.

this is just me making assumptions, yes. but i really can't see it turning out any other way should glitches like these be allowed to stay in a competetive setting.

LolingOctopus

Modest and humble genitalia destroyer
Online rank means nothing to me. But money is on the line as well as validity at tournaments.

There are glitches, then there are game breaking glitches...this is the latter.
Trust me, I understand your concerns. I'm not trying to say you're wrong. What I'm trying to say is, is it needed?

If so, why (you raised your point for exemple, money is on the line and that is bullshit)
-Money on the line, no bullshit allowed
-etc etc

If not, why not
-It's MK and it's in the game, anything goes
-etc etc

I'd rather we take the time and come to the best decision for the community than we rushes and we start banning things left and right like another kind of game.

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
Wow yall are free. Well I'm not gonna lie people had this kinda coming to them. At least the community finally has a real problem to really complain about and not something ridiculous like a 6 frame spin or a f3 and frame traps. But reo who is the "best" kabal player which is the best character in the game and he says that kabal is completely unrivaled by anyone, wants to use a stupid glitch just to win? Yeah you could do the glitch all you want but don't expect a pat on the back. I ain't complaining but have some honor like for real. Using an invincible glitch isn't competitive. Well at least it isn't after the first round cause you do have to work at least once. Use it all you want but be prepared for all the boos your gonna get

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
REO

Ive come to my sense and realize you're right and 100% completely right especially about the part where it says we need to be playing MK9 without any rules whatsoever. As long as they dont have it banned, restricted or anything formal in writing then its all systems go.

With that being said expect the following at mlg dallas till rules are changed:

Round 1: Fight
Pig grabs reo's pad/hitbox and throws it out into the crowd and watches it smash on cement, waits for time out.
1-0 pig

Bring lots of pads, controllers.

Ive check the rule book and see nothing preventing me of doing this.

Its time we take MK to the next level, whose with me?

Pig Of The Hut

Im completely fine with "anything goes"

before each match Ill ask my opponent at dallas if this is how he/she will want to play

Anything means anything

I can't tell who in this thread is trolling or genuinely ridiculous but TYM was better dead than this silly.
^^^

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
REO

Ive come to my sense and realize you're right and 100% completely right especially about the part where it says we need to be playing MK9 without any rules whatsoever. As long as they dont have it banned, restricted or anything formal in writing then its all systems go.

Pig grabs reo's pad/hitbox and throws it out into the crowd and watches it smash on cement, waits for time out.
1-0 pig

That's my mileena brother! c':

REO

Undead
Wow yall are free. Well I'm not gonna lie people had this kinda coming to them. At least the community finally has a real problem to really complain about and not something ridiculous like a 6 frame spin or a f3 and frame traps. But reo who is the "best" kabal player which is the best character in the game and he says that kabal is completely unrivaled by anyone, wants to use a stupid glitch just to win? Yeah you could do the glitch all you want but don't expect a pat on the back. I ain't complaining but have some honor like for real. Using an invincible glitch isn't competitive. Well at least it isn't after the first round cause you do have to work at least once. Use it all you want but be prepared for all the boos your gonna get
1.) People already boo me when I play.
2.) I never get pats on the back when I win regardless.
3.) Honor is for the weak.
4.) All of the above mentioned is irrelevant to me.
5.) I play better when the crowd wants me to lose and isn't cheering for me.

REO

1-0 pig

The quote below refers to the actions in your post in which I already addressed:

Here's how to identify a lunatic in the MK community:

Lunatic - Will use things outside the video game that have no connection to the game whatsoever to win.
Competitive player - Will use in-game character tools to win.

I recommend everyone to stay away from users who try to promote Mortal Kombat in real life because their arguments suck ass on a message board.
But if you want to go another eight pages of arguing about in-game character tools vs outside non-related tactics, then let's do it so I can win the argument again.

Pig Of The Hut

1.) People already boo me when I play.
2.) I never get pats on the back when I win regardless.
3.) Honor is for the weak.
4.) All of the above mentioned is irrelevant to me.
5.) I play better when the crowd wants me to lose and isn't cheering for me.

The quote below refers to the actions in your post in which I already addressed:

But if you want to go another eight pages of arguing about in-game character tools vs outside non-related tactics, then let's do it so I can win the argument again.
Sorry Bro Im only interesting in competing at the highest level

if you can show me where its banned then I guess ill have to use CR-Pig of the hut/PigShi but if it's allowed then MK9- pig of the hut/Pigshi it is

In the meantime i recommend you buy this to work on your finger muscles/grip when i go to pry your controller out of your hands

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Whatever happens concerning the use of CR Kabal or Shin Kabal doesn't change a thing. This game is already full of glitches and bugs so why is this hot news? MK9 is a fun AND broken game. If anything, don't take anger out on MK9, but instead something like MvC2, a broken but DULL (unlike MK9) game that is only popular due to a bunch of harlem hoodlums making memes out of stupid shit like "Pringles" and "Da Mango Sentinel"