What's new

Comic Book fans of TYM.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
What if Superman came prepared and weaved lead fibres into his costume. Also kryptonite has limited range and Superman has those precision heat vision blasts so he could fry Batman from a distance. That in addition to ridiculous speed and strength and I don't see how Batman stands a chance...
If it's going to come down to both characters planning ahead and strategizing, who is better at that than Batman? If it came down to planning and using tactics Batman would just take Lois Lane hostage and use her against him in order to gain leverage. He might even be inclined to break a few a her bones to get his point across. If we were to talk about it terms of pure skill and abilities, yeah Supes wins, but if any time has past and there is time to think about what to do, watch out because Batman will gain leverage every time.

NKZero

Noob
If it's going to come down to both characters planning ahead and strategizing, who is better at that than Batman? If it came down to planning and using tactics Batman would just take Lois Lane hostage and use her against him in order to gain leverage. He might even be inclined to break a few a her bones to get his point across. If we were to talk about it terms of pure skill and abilities, yeah Supes wins, but if any time has past and there is time to think about what to do, watch out because Batman will gain leverage every time.
Too many if's but yeah nobody is smarter than Batman in that aspect...I'd still say it is a 70% chance Superman wins in a number of circumstances.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Too many if's but yeah nobody is smarter than Batman in that aspect...I'd still say it is a 70% chance Superman wins in a number of circumstances.
In a situation where they have never met, it's 7-3 supes haha, but talking about it being them knowing each other and supes turning against him, 6.5-3.5 B-man. That's my opinion if we are going to do mu's haha. The more interesting one would be between Superman and Thor.

NKZero

Noob
In a situation where they have never met, it's 7-3 supes haha, but talking about it being them knowing each other and supes turning against him, 6.5-3.5 B-man. That's my opinion if we are going to do mu's haha. The more interesting one would be between Superman and Thor.
Ok what's your take on Thor-Supes then?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Ok what's your take on Thor-Supes then?
I think it would be the most destructive battle ever haha, it's a fight that can go 50-50 because Supes is stronger in pure physical strength by a bit, but Thor's power can really overwhealm Super. It would be grinding and brutal, I feel that because Thor has thousand's of years of experience in battle, because all he does is fight he has a slight edge but it could easily be Superman's to take. I would love to see like a four or five issue mini-series of this fight. I would like to see that for a lot of characters, but DC and Marvel don't get along like they used to so they probably won't do that stuff the way they used to, I loved when they would do crossovers, they were so cool. Anybody remember when they did the series of comics where they merge 1 DC and 1 Marvel character into a new superhero Like Iron Lantern (Iron Man and Green Lantern) or Dark Claw (Wolverine and Batman)?

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
...wolverine lol. To be fair, I am Canadian and I did think xmen origins wolverine was crap. I like most of the marvel universe either way. My problem with superman was that he was so damn OP and that the DC ensemble doesn't seem as strong as the marvel heroes.

Maybe it has something to do with the movies though. Iron man, captain america, daredevil (which i didn't like), ghost rider, spider man, xmen, thor, etc. Only good DC live action movies are most of the batman movies and the old superman movies.
Haha, Wolverine is badass. (I didn't really like the movie either, but I did like knowing he's backstory) Marvel does seem like it has more action, but then again they have Stan Lee backing those movies up. Iron Man is my favorite from Marvel. I like him because he's not "super". I don't know if he had that sense of humour in the comics, but the movies were hilarious.

Joker8417
I totally agree. Batman is way too smart for Superman.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
i know the hulk would beat supes. he beat the sentry who has the power of 1000 white dwarfs, and closed a back hole with his bare hands

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
Man, I've always liked Superman the most thanks to the DC animated series.

Conveniently, Darkseid is also my favorite villain and probably my favorite comic book character in general.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
i know the hulk would beat supes. he beat the sentry who has the power of 1000 white dwarfs, and closed a back hole with his bare hands
The Hulk vs. Superman is fucking sketchy imo lol. Superman could easily just throw Hulk into space, but then Hulk has done the physically impossible and screamed himself back down to Earth in the vacuum of space (A reason I hate the character). Also Superman has pulled entire galaxies behind him in certain universes so it all depends, I feel Superman has got that one. His strength is equivilent to Hulk's from what I've seen, and he's smarter along with having an aerial advantage.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I've always felt that wolverine could kill superman
That would just be a neverending battle imo haha, Superman could beat Wolverine to a pulp, but Wolverine can take the beating all day long because his healing factor is the most godlike out there haha.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
Yeah, Hulk is by far one of the most bullshit main characters in comic history. I like him when he's actually written well and not godmodding through everything though.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
The only time Ive ever been into Superman was for the like 4 month's he had those electricity powers and that badass new suit. The cover was so dope cuz it glowed in the dark.

Man that story went to SHIT fast though. DC sucks lol.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Yeah, Hulk is by far one of the most bullshit main characters in comic history. I like him when he's actually written well and not godmodding through everything though.
True I loved World War Hulk, he kind of was godmodding, but it made sense why he had so much rage to fuel his rage due to Sakaar exploding. I only hated that he made Black Bolt look like a bitch (one of my favorite comic book characters) since last time they fought he broke every bone in Hulk's body. Also I agree Darkseid fucking rules I love him, was sooo glad to see they brought him back finally in the new 52 with Justice League.

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
That would just be a neverending battle imo haha, Superman could beat Wolverine to a pulp, but Wolverine can take the beating all day long because his healing factor is the most godlike out there haha.
Fuckin' Superman. i dont mean to offend anybody but he kinda pisses me off. he lives in a world full of idiots. Clark works at the headquarters of the countries leading newspaper, and none of his coworkers--journalists included--cant fucking tell that he's Superman?! Nevermind the fact that he runs off to the nearest phone booth every time there's danger, and his shirts probably dont got anymore buttons on them. I'd be like "Hey Clark, who the fuck you always go call whenever some shit pops off, and how come you always leave the phone off the hook? Button up your shirt you pussy, your Superman symbol is show--HEY!"
:)

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
Man the hulk is real, to real though i just like the character because he never starts anything. He just reacts to what people have done to him. Superman on the other hand has every power in the world and has trouble beating batman. Even as a kid i never liked superman, i just don't see how you can every power that one could have and not whoop every villains ass in like 4 seconds flat. I dont even see how he gets a challenge out of fighting anyone who isn't darkseid or doomsday. Also saying that hulk can't beat supes is weird when he and doomsday have the exact same abilities.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
What? Superman would just rip his head off and thats the end. Or does that rule no longer apply to Logan in the comics now?

Anyway trailer to Young Justice Season 2 titled: Invasion

Wonder Girl, Lobo and Blue Beetle?? HELL YES!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150824515162792

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
What? Superman would just rip his head off and thats the end. Or does that rule no longer apply to Logan in the comics now?

Anyway trailer to Young Justice Season 2 titled: Invasion

Wonder Girl, Lobo and Blue Beetle?? HELL YES!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150824515162792
logan has now been blown off by an atomic bomb and still lived, they are actually starting to say that his power is not to regenerate but to just survive, so know that no longer applies, by the way that's also op as ducks haha
Edit: I really need to watch season 1 haha.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Man the hulk is real, to real though i just like the character because he never starts anything. He just reacts to what people have done to him. Superman on the other hand has every power in the world and has trouble beating batman. Even as a kid i never liked superman, i just don't see how you can every power that one could have and not whoop every villains ass in like 4 seconds flat. I dont even see how he gets a challenge out of fighting anyone who isn't darkseid or doomsday. Also saying that hulk can't beat supes is weird when he and doomsday have the exact same abilities.
You doubt the caped crusader?! Also anyone with magic ducks Superman up a lot of the time, also hulk can't breathe in space doomsday can.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
The Death of Superman story arc was the greatest thing DC ever did. I was like 11 when that happened and remember running to the gas station to pick up new copies every week. Cyborg Superman looked so badass :)

Marvaz

come at me
I got a collection of rare comics. When i was like 11-13 i collected pokemon cards (lol) comic books, and baskteball cards. I got a pretty nice collection. My most prized possesion out of my comix would have to be The number 1 issue of spider man. Yes the orginal.