What's new

Comic Book fans of TYM.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
I'm a huge Batman fan and while I don't collect comics aside from Batman graphic novels I keep up with current and past story lines. And then of course theres my Hot Toys/Sideshow collection.

Favorite comic movies:
Superman 2
Watchmen
Batman
Batman Begins
TDK
Sin City
Spiderman 2
Daredevil directors cut

Worst comic movies:
Xmen Origins
Green Lantern
Ghost Rider 1 & 2
Daredevil theater version

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I'm a huge Batman fan and while I don't collect comics aside from Batman graphic novels I keep up with current and past story lines. And then of course theres my Hot Toys/Sideshow collection.

Favorite comic movies:
Superman 2
Watchmen
Batman
Batman Begins
TDK
Sin City
Spiderman 2
Daredevil directors cut

Worst comic movies:
Xmen Origins
Green Lantern
Ghost Rider 1 & 2
Daredevil theater version
I never even bothered to watch the director's cut of Daredevil, what makes it better?

Slightly off topic... Planet Hulk is on Netflix and worth a watch. What do you guys think of the animated movies such as Ultimate Avengers and such? I think some of the animated features tell better stories than most movies nowadays. I watched the opening of Batman: Under the Red Hood with the kids and had a lot of 'splaining to do. Seems like they are aimed more at adults on the DC side.

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
AAAAH how could I forget, the abomination of retard gimp luchadore Bane. I actually am not as big of a fan of The Dark Knight as most. Mostly Because of it's popularity and how it caused Heath Ledger to be the "best Joker" (which is absurd lol) now eeeevvverybody associates the Joker with Heath Ledger and it makes me angry. (Even though it was a great Dark Knight Joker, that's not the one I love haha) Also man I really feel your pain and Spiderman 3, next to Batman, Spiderman is my favorite super hero, and that movie just jacked up everything about everything good in the Venom arc lol.

KidDOJO you have great taste in stories as well as characters (Nightwing rules haha). Gah those were so good.
i remember going to the movies with some chick to go see I Am Legend. It was showing at an Imax theater so I wasnt expecting any coming attractions before the movie started, but they played the opening bank robbery scene from TDK and everyone thought it was the beginning of I Am Legend. Twice i turned to the girl i was with and whispered "this seems like batman" but i didnt think much of it cuz nothing from TDK had even leaked online yet. then when the joker took off his mask and showed his face i literally jumped out of my seat and kinda shouted "it fucking IS batman!" pumping my fist and everything lol. i was so hyped up, that was and probably will forever be my favorite movie going experience ever. nothing will top that.
didnt get laid that night though...

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
i remember going to the movies with some chick to go see I Am Legend. It was showing at an Imax theater so I wasnt expecting any coming attractions before the movie started, but they played the opening bank robbery scene from TDK and everyone thought it was the beginning of I Am Legend. Twice i turned to the girl i was with and whispered "this seems like batman" but i didnt think much of it cuz nothing from TDK had even leaked online yet. then when the joker took off his mask and showed his face i literally jumped out of my seat and kinda shouted "it fucking IS batman!" pumping my fist and everything lol. i was so hyped up, that was and probably will forever be my favorite movie going experience ever. nothing will top that.
didnt get laid that night though...
Yeah that happened to me a lot haha.

RapZiLLa54

I never even bothered to watch the director's cut of Daredevil, what makes it better?
Everything about 20-30 minutes. Theres an entire subplot with Coolio (yes the rapper) and one of the huge differences between the threatrical and directors is you know the scene where Him and Elektra have sex and that entire love scene? In the directors cut he leaves her on the roof in the rain because he hears a child screaming. So he leaves and DESTROYS this dude beating on his daughter. Very powerful scene and much better character development.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Slightly off topic... Planet Hulk is on Netflix and worth a watch. What do you guys think of the animated movies such as Ultimate Avengers and such? I think some of the animated features tell better stories than most movies nowadays. I watched the opening of Batman: Under the Red Hood with the kids and had a lot of 'splaining to do. Seems like they are aimed more at adults on the DC side.
Planet Hulk is great, and as far as under the red hood goes, it was fantastic compare to the comics and was done really well, but because it's a batman story it does get pretty dark and dirty haha. I think there is a Batman/Superman team up animated movie I don't recall though, also a Superman/Shazam teamup which is pretty good. Crisis on two earths was a good DC one, as well as the new Justice League Doom (Even though the story was completely off base lol).

RapZiLLa54

Whose watching Young Justice right now? This shit is on the verge of surpassing the JL Animated Series. Incredible show!

Yeah, I have most of those.... Doom was awesome! I don't really read much comics but I get all the animated features, so I'm not sure how it went in the comics. I believe Bats was in the right in what he did in Doom. Batman/Superman: Public Enemies was great too.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Everything about 20-30 minutes. Theres an entire subplot with Coolio (yes the rapper) and one of the huge differences between the threatrical and directors is you know the scene where Him and Elektra have sex and that entire love scene? In the directors cut he leaves her on the roof in the rain because he hears a child screaming. So he leaves and DESTROYS this dude beating on his daughter. Very powerful scene and much better character development.
I am inclined to watch it now lol. Going on a movie hunt today!

@KaballinJustice- I highly reccomend the Batman as it is my favorite comic at the moment, the story has just been phenominal. They introduce a new organization known as the Court of the Owls and all I will say is that THEY ARE REAL! haha. I also really love the new Venom series, and the Amazing Spiderman (really good story going right now). Green Lantern, Justice League, and lastly but most shockingly...Aquaman, YES I SAID IT!! haha Ever since Geoff Johns has been writing it, it has been great.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
so did Spiderman die yet or is that issue still forthcoming?
You mean in Ultimate Spiderman? Yeah he died, now there is this half hispanic half black kid named Miles Morrales who is Spiderman now, and the costume is sick, idk how it is though I don't read Ultimate comics.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
young justice is soooo good i love the stuff does with its animated movies, i just only like batman form their universe though. i think Under the red hood was awesome so much character development, so much anticipation. planet hulk was good as well Im waiting for Marvel to do something with venom comic series that series was so dark and really explains the characters of venom and eddy brock

RapZiLLa54

Blasphemy. Granted I haven't watched it yet, but it's hard to surpass Bruce Timm's work.
Trust me man. I own BTAS, STAS, Batman Beyond, JLAS and JLUAS along with every DC animated film. Young Justice is basically taking Under the Red hood quality to a full animated series.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
If this stuff had enough attention I would gladly make a separate forum for it.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
Trust me man. I own BTAS, STAS, Batman Beyond, JLAS and JLUAS along with every DC animated film. Young Justice is basically taking Under the Red hood quality to a full animated series.
I'll have to look into it then. Is it sorta like Teen Titans if it wasn't trying to be anime and more serious?