What's new

Comic Book fans of TYM.

LesMore

Top 8 Injustice Frosty Faustings VII
Hey I love comics! I read most of the new image stuff: Saga, Thief of Thieves, Walking Dead from the beginning. I am old enough thatt I bought the original Watchman comics in the 80's when I was 7 years old and i used to own the original black and white Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Which is nowadays worth around 10g's. I traded it for a skateboard.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
New comic I've been getting into is Haunt. Pretty good.

I don't care for the new Spawn stuff, It really dropped off a cliff after issue 100.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Hell yeah dude, love DC/JLA. New 52 is kind of cool.

Just found out today Smallville is continuing season 11 via comic book form. It's digital but is supposed to come out paper in May I believe?

I don't read comics but I've always been interested. Grew up watching the cartoons and movies. I'm big on marvel and batman, anyone got any recommendations?

Who's your favorite Marvel hero? Batman is my favorite from DC. :D
...wolverine lol. To be fair, I am Canadian and I did think xmen origins wolverine was crap. I like most of the marvel universe either way. My problem with superman was that he was so damn OP and that the DC ensemble doesn't seem as strong as the marvel heroes.

Maybe it has something to do with the movies though. Iron man, captain america, daredevil (which i didn't like), ghost rider, spider man, xmen, thor, etc. Only good DC live action movies are most of the batman movies and the old superman movies.

NKZero

Noob
Favourite x-men character: Cyclops
Favourite marvel character overall: Spider-Man
Favourite DC character: Superman (when he's enraged)

On the subject of comic book heroes I saw Spider-Man 3 last night on TV.

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
You know i had never seen the 2008 animated movie Hulk Vs. until i just caught it on Netflix right now. Hulk Vs. Thor was rather blah! but Hulk Vs. Wolverine was THE FUCKING SHIT! Why cant they make more and more comic book adaptations like that?? What is it that is keeping all these writers and artists from doing what Hulk Vs. Wolverine did all the time? I mean. those 40 minutes were absolutely perfect. Wolverine was cutting peoples limbs off left and right. Hulk was talking like a retard but in a good way ("Hulk tear off talking man's head!), Deadpool was spot on and even had a line that made me Laugh Out Loud lol. I been wanting to see this movie since before it came out I just dont know what took me so long to actually see it. If you grew up at your local comic book shop and havent seen the Wolverine part of this movie, you're a communist. Go watch it, Commie.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
...wolverine lol. To be fair, I am Canadian and I did think xmen origins wolverine was crap. I like most of the marvel universe either way. My problem with superman was that he was so damn OP and that the DC ensemble doesn't seem as strong as the marvel heroes.

Maybe it has something to do with the movies though. Iron man, captain america, daredevil (which i didn't like), ghost rider, spider man, xmen, thor, etc. Only good DC live action movies are most of the batman movies and the old superman movies.
As for reccomendations, do you mean shows and movies or comics? You know I used to think the same thing about Superman, but then I realized he's like Thor in the sense where if you don't do anything but fight giant galactic monsters that destroy cities and worlds, and you KEEP BEATING THEM, you are obviously going to keep getting even stronger lol. I've always been 50/50 on Marvel vs. DC characters, but DC has always had such a better story following their characters, while Marvel seems to have a larger variety of heroes to enjoy. If you go by my favorite heroes list, it would probably lean towards Marvel though, but past my top 2 or 3, my favorites are a little different than most people's lol.

You know I kind of hate all hero vs. hero stories for the fact that there is never a decisive winner. The only one I can recall off of the top of my head was Hulk vs. Spiderman where Spidey had him smash his own head lol. If they gave more decisive winners I would like them a lot more, but most of they time they just team up to fight off something worse than them then call it a day. Hulk vs Wolverine was cool because it didn't end that way, but they didn't give a winner either, but to be fair no one would win that fight, it would go on forever.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
My favorite hero is the hulk, I just love the character. I never liked superman though. I remember going to a thrift stre with my mom , and i saw a death of super man all of the comics, in a box i the seals . Man i bought them just to see him die. I bought the animated movie too. Im kinda hating this heroic age cyclops too, this isnt the character i remember when i was little

Joker8417 was talking about comics. All the tv shows, movies and video games are based off the comics, might as well read them.

Also, you said that you thought Heath Ledger's performance of Joker was overrated. Who did you consider the "best" joker?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
My favorite hero is the hulk, I just love the character. I never liked superman though. I remember going to a thrift stre with my mom , and i saw a death of super man all of the comics, in a box i the seals . Man i bought them just to see him die. I bought the animated movie too. Im kinda hating this heroic age cyclops too, this isnt the character i remember when i was little
I've been coming around to Hulk, I used to hate him because I just think the character is OP as anything out there. He just doesn't seem to have a limit to his power. I have been wondering how the hell Bruce Banner came back againg though after being stuck at the bottom of the ocean at the end of World War Hulk. As far as Superman goes, I used to hate him for being OP but as I stated earlier I saw the error of my ways in that logic lol. Also he was just too much of a boy scout for me, but in the new 52 he's a badass, but he still shows compassion and I like that.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Does anyone remember Batman x Predator?
I have it haha

Playpal Ok, well if you like Wolverine, Wolverine and the X-Men is the way to go. My favorite Marvel series are that, FF, The Amazing Spiderman, Venom, The Punisher, and the two Carnage mini-series are great stories with incredible art. For DC I say Justice League, Batman, Detective Comics, Deathstroke, Suicide Squad, Green Lantern, Teen Titans, All Star Western, and Action Comics. Then indies I say Walking Dead (though I have never read I hear great things), Ferals, Witch Doctor, Star Wars KOTOR, Dunwich Horror, Haunt, Star Wars Dawn of the Jedi, and Valen the Outcast.

As for the Joker question, even though he has never portayed the character in a live action roll Mark Hamill aka Luke Skywalker haha. Anytime he does a voice for the character it just screams Joker to me. I absolutely loved his voice acting work in the Batman video games.

NKZero

Noob
i dunno man. yeah let's assume they never knew one another and superman comes up against batman...who wins? I gotta take Superman it's not contest.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
i dunno man. yeah let's assume they never knew one another and superman comes up against batman...who wins? I gotta take Superman it's not contest.
Weird question I know, but kind of crucial lol. If they didn't know each other then yeah superman would whip Batman's ass more than likely. But if they were to know each other then that is heavily in Batman's favor, because in the comics he has always had Kryptonite just in case Superman decided to turn. Batman had a contingency plan for every member of the Justice League to take them out if they turned just in case. It was demonstrated in Tower of Babel, which is one of my favorite stories.

NKZero

Noob
Weird question I know, but kind of crucial lol. If they didn't know each other then yeah superman would whip Batman's ass more than likely. But if they were to know each other then that is heavily in Batman's favor, because in the comics he has always had Kryptonite just in case Superman decided to turn. Batman had a contingency plan for every member of the Justice League to take them out if they turned just in case. It was demonstrated in Tower of Babel, which is one of my favorite stories.
What if Superman came prepared and weaved lead fibres into his costume. Also kryptonite has limited range and Superman has those precision heat vision blasts so he could fry Batman from a distance. That in addition to ridiculous speed and strength and I don't see how Batman stands a chance...