What's new

Comic Book fans of TYM.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I just thought I would make a thread to talk about comic books in general. I REALLY enjoy them and like to share and talk about it with other people who enjoy it as much as I do. So any comments you have on any comics you have read can come here, and we can discuss all of our favorite stories about our favorite heroes/characters. :)

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
which ones do you like i enjoy the hulk, the wolverine fraction of the new x-men comics, and spider-man.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Hey I played you the other day haha! You should get around to reading the World War Hulks that are on that list, they are ridiculous, but kind of a fun read.
rich1981

quandaghost Where do I begin haha. As of right now I read a lot, but my favorites are (in no particular order):

Batman
Justice League
The Amazing Spiderman
The Mighty Thor
The Punisher
Star Wars KOTOR
Action Comics
Detective Comics
Deathstroke
Suicide Squad

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
man i have read everything up until now i took a small break to let them build up. I think im going to read some of the old batman comics next, and whats you xbl tag? how did you play me im offline currently?

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Preacher, Transmetropolitan, The Boys, The Walking Dead (the comic is much better) are some of my favs

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
I don't really read comics at all, but i grew up watching shed loads of marvel, and still do ha!

Apparently they want Bruce Cambell to be mysterio in a potential new spiderman movie :]

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Preacher, Transmetropolitan, The Boys, The Walking Dead (the comic is much better) are some of my favs
My fiancee flips out over The Walking Dead, but I told her I'm not going to read it until she starts reading either Spiderman or Batman.
Ketchup-LK9T9 That would be kind of awesome haha, I would love to see Mysterio in a movie! I love watching old Marvel cartoons as well! Apparently the new Avengers cartoons is really good too though.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
I don't really read comics at all, but i grew up watching shed loads of marvel, and still do ha!

Apparently they want Bruce Cambell to be mysterio in a potential new spiderman movie :]
yo that would be awesome dude. I'm a bit apprehensive about the new spidey movie though. i don't really like the costume, but i have hope that marvel won't give us another rotten egg. The only good movies after spider-man 2 were The incredible Hulk (Edward Norton), and Captain America. The other ones either messed shat upon the canon for the characters alike x-men origins:wolverine, or totally made the character look bad (spider-man 3 venom), or had none to very little action for the character to make it interesting (thor)

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
My fiancee flips out over The Walking Dead, but I told her I'm not going to read it until she starts reading either Spiderman or Batman.
Ketchup-LK9T9 That would be kind of awesome haha, I would love to see Mysterio in a movie! I love watching old Marvel cartoons as well! Apparently the new Avengers cartoons is really good too though.
You see Justin this why you are my brony

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
yo that would be awesome dude. I'm a bit apprehensive about the new spidey movie though. i don't really like the costume, but i have hope that marvel won't give us another rotten egg. The only good movies after spider-man 2 were The incredible Hulk (Edward Norton), and Captain America. The other ones either messed shat upon the canon for the characters alike x-men origins:wolverine, or totally made the character look bad (spider-man 3 venom), or had none to very little action for the character to make it interesting (thor)
Yo you hatin' on THOR SON?! haha I loved that movie, It's one of my more favorite Marvel movies. Also you're forgetting that Iron Man was awesome haha (2 was good but not AS good imo). I might catch some hate for this one but I also liked The Punisher as movie, not so much for accuracy. Also yes, we are bronies for this reason lol.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Thing is, my two favorite marvel characters are mysterio and sabertooth. And in origins, that guy got MURDERED!

He looked cool in the first xmen though, just needed more personality.

Also, the Blade movies are badass

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
dont get me started on how Raimi dropped the ball on Venom in Spiderman 3. I understand he didnt like the character but at least show him some respect. Anyway, great thread Joker

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Thing is, my two favorite marvel characters are mysterio and sabertooth. And in origins, that guy got MURDERED!

He looked cool in the first xmen though, just needed more personality.

Also, the Blade movies are badass
DUDE I HATED ORIGINS SOOOO MUCH haha. I agree sabertooth was destroyed in that movie, and Gambit (my favorite member of the X-Men) was made to look like a total bitch haha. I feel that stuff like this only happens to the movies that Marvel doesn't have all the rights to.
Mattman I feel you dude, Spiderman 3 was like...the worst Superhero movie, maybe next to Superman Returns or Ang Lee's Hulk.

GNG Iniquity

I still like the classics here and there, but I honestly prefer the more adult orientated subject material now; there's so much crazy shit in those comics. Garth Ennis doing the Punisher series, for instance, I really preferred. The Walking Dead comics are really grimy and bleak at times though to be totally honest.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
I didn't like how they inaccurately described logan and sabertooth as brothers. I didt really like the ironman movies though, but i just don't like ironman. Also the second punisher movie was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! the first one was good too it was really entertaining. I just felt like Thor was a love story and not a action movie until like the last 20 minutes

NKZero

Noob
like Ketchup I didn't really read the comics but I watched lots of shows and what not... love Spider-Man <3

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I still like the classics here and there, but I honestly prefer the more adult orientated subject material now; there's so much crazy shit in those comics. The Walking Dead comics are really grimy and bleak at times though to be totally honest.
You would probably like a lot of the stuff by independant comic companies like Image, IDW, or BOOM! then. There is this new series from BOOM! that came out called Ferals, and it's a really gory, nasty, and dark horror comic about werewolves. People get their dicks ripped off and shoved into their mouths hahaha. Also IDW has a lot of horror comics, they just finished one on H.P. Lovecraft's The Dunwich Horror.
quandaghost I see where you're coming from on that, I think they did kind of focus a lot on the Jane/Thor fling. I think the action came in good chunks, it just felt really far apart because of all the dialogue. I feel like without all the dialogue though that people would just not have gotten the story haha, Thor can get weird.

GNG Iniquity

You would probably like a lot of the stuff by independant comic companies like Image, IDW, or BOOM! then. There is this new series from BOOM! that came out called Ferals, and it's a really gory, nasty, and dark horror comic about werewolves. People get their dicks ripped off and shoved into their mouths hahaha. Also IDW has a lot of horror comics, they just finished one on H.P. Lovecraft's The Dunwich Horror.
OOOOH! A H.P. Lovecraft comic...oh yes. That sounds pretty awesome indeed!

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
Mattman I feel you dude, Spiderman 3 was like...the worst Superhero movie, maybe next to Superman Returns or Ang Lee's Hulk.
Lets not forget about Batman & Robin now, not just yet. We can forget about that abomination after Bane fucks shit up in a few months. This is a great summer for us lol, but i know you were loving the months leading up to The Dark Knight. thats how i felt about spiderman 3 and venom, only to have my heart ripped out

KidDOJO

Raiden-Scrub
I love comics, and a few of my favorite storylines are Secret Wars (Marvel) and Infinite Crisis (DC).

From the beginning i really hated the DC characters, but there is a different kind of depth in those characters that made me love it.

Go nightwing!

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
Im praying the new batman is good. We can hope..... we can pray. Hmmm now that this thread came up i wanna learn how to ink my drawings like mark miller.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Lets not forget about Batman & Robin now, not just yet. We can forget about that abomination after Bane fucks shit up in a few months. This is a great summer for us lol, but i know you were loving the months leading up to The Dark Knight. thats how i felt about spiderman 3 and venom, only to have my heart ripped out
AAAAH how could I forget, the abomination of retard gimp luchadore Bane. I actually am not as big of a fan of The Dark Knight as most. Mostly Because of it's popularity and how it caused Heath Ledger to be the "best Joker" (which is absurd lol) now eeeevvverybody associates the Joker with Heath Ledger and it makes me angry. (Even though it was a great Dark Knight Joker, that's not the one I love haha) Also man I really feel your pain and Spiderman 3, next to Batman, Spiderman is my favorite super hero, and that movie just jacked up everything about everything good in the Venom arc lol.

KidDOJO you have great taste in stories as well as characters (Nightwing rules haha). Gah those were so good.