What's new

Comic Book fans of TYM.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I read the first two issues of Vibe today, and I gotta say I'm really liking what's going on with this kid. :)

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Well, I have a great diversity when it comes to this. I can read Superman(Our Worlds at war), like I read Green Lantern(Sinestro Corps War,War of the Green Lanterns). Just like I can read great cosmic battles like CoIE; Infinite Crisis, Zero Hour, Day of Vengeance etc. I guess what I'm trying to say is anything with a great story or battle interest me. I just want to know if the new reboot is any good.
Overall it started strong and then faded. Justice League Dark would be a pretty good choice then. Phantom Stranger as well, and JL is about to hit what seems like a huge event in Trinity War. My personal faves are Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Batman, Aquaman, Wonder Woman and JL for Shazam mostly but the JL story has had some great moments too.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Reedoms

Noob
DC Comics titles scheduled for November 2013:

Green Arrow Vol. 1: Hunter’s Moon TP
Writer: Mike Grell
Artists: Ed Hannigan, Dick Giordano and Frank McLaughlin
Collects: Green Arrow #1-6
$14.99 US, 160 pg

Is your body ready for the greatest interpretation of GA to be sold in trade-paperback?

DC Comics titles scheduled for November 2013:

Green Arrow Vol. 1: Hunter’s Moon TP
Writer: Mike Grell
Artists: Ed Hannigan, Dick Giordano and Frank McLaughlin
Collects: Green Arrow #1-6
$14.99 US, 160 pg

Is your body ready for the greatest interpretation of GA to be sold in trade-paperback?
I haven't exactly heard good things about GA. Pre-Lemire anyways.

Reedoms

Noob
2 Hellblazer trades, 1st Scarlet Spider trade, Spider-Man Noir and Sinestro Corps War all for just under $65. Good haul today.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
2 Hellblazer trades, 1st Scarlet Spider trade, Spider-Man Noir and Sinestro Corps War all for just under $65. Good haul today.
Spider-Man Noir is GAWLIKE!! Still catching up on GL so I haven't read Sinestro Corps War yet. I need to get into Hellblazer and see what that's about. Also, did J. Michael Straczynski move on to image? I thought I read something about that somewhere or saw it in an add or something. If so I'd definitely start picking up what he is putting out. Lastly saw Geoff Johns tweet about discussing the future of all his books along with a "top secret" book. Shazam?!

Edit: Just saw the book JMS is writing for image called Ten Grand. I'm hype.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
It was delicious, anyone who says otherwise is just salty that no one dies lol.

I'll be serious with you, i think it was kind of a cop out when their faces were intact at the end. I don't mind the lack of deaths in the bat family but i think they should at least have Joker go through with it, and actually cut their faces off.

Either way i loved how the Joker was portrayed, he felt more like a horror film baddie than a villain.

And if it wasn't obvious before, it's obvious now, the Joker knows who Batman really is even though he doesn't really care lol. That shot at then end when Joker's mind was blank when he saw the card Bruce showed him at Arkham was gold. What a brilliant character.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I'll be serious with you, i think it was kind of a cop out when their faces were intact at the end. I don't mind the lack of deaths in the bat family but i think they should at least have Joker go through with it, and actually cut their faces off.

Either way i loved how the Joker was portrayed, he felt more like a horror film baddie than a villain.

And if it wasn't obvious before, it's obvious now, the Joker knows who Batman really is even though he doesn't really care lol. That shot at then end when Joker's mind was blank when he saw the card Bruce showed him at Arkham was gold. What a brilliant character.
I agree, but Snyder didn't get to make the decision for everyone's fate. DC told him to leave everyone in tact essentially lol.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
So this week I read Batman #19, Animal Man #19, Thor: God of Thunder #7, AU #5 and Constantine #2. I'd have to say my favorites for the week were Constantine and Thor. I haven't read a Thor series this damn good since J. Michael Stracynzki was writing it like 4-5 years ago. Jason Aaron has been on a roll lately, and I hope he can stick it out with that series a while. Lemire has really started off Constantine with a bang and I've been enjoying this first story a lot. :)

haketh

Noob
Man I wanna read Thor: God of Thunfer but I can't find the issues anywhere locally, kind of annoying.

And fuck, IDW Transformers comics keep being godlike.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Man I wanna read Thor: God of Thunfer but I can't find the issues anywhere locally, kind of annoying.

And fuck, IDW Transformers comics keep being godlike.
Thor: God of Thunder is Marvel's best book right now. I keep hearing good things about Transformers.

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
So I started reading the New 52 Green Arrow and after catching up on the series I have to say I figured out GA's true arch enemy in the series is the writers...... too sad. So I tried the digital comic Arrow based on the CW show and it was much better so if your a GA fan that might be the book you should check out cause his new 52 book is ass.