What's new

Comic Book fans of TYM.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
So I started reading the New 52 Green Arrow and after catching up on the series I have to say I figured out GA's true arch enemy in the series is the writers...... too sad. So I tried the digital comic Arrow based on the CW show and it was much better so if your a GA fan that might be the book you should check out cause his new 52 book is ass.
I didn't like Green Arrow until Jeff Lemire came onto the title. Kill Machine was sick, and it did a world of good for the series lol. I've heard Arrow is pretty good though.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Plan to read:

Supergirl
Batgirl
World's Finest

Funny thing I was a Marvel nerd as a kid but now I only read DC.
I wouldn't recommend Batgirl. Imo it is pretty much the worst comic DC has to offer next to maybe Red Hood and the Outlaws or T7. The sad thing is that it could've been great. ;__;

Scarlett Viper

Let's begin the witching hour.
I wouldn't recommend Batgirl. Imo it is pretty much the worst comic DC has to offer next to maybe Red Hood and the Outlaws or T7. The sad thing is that it could've been great. ;__;
IDK I'll check it out just cause well it's Batgirl and Simone's apparently godlike.

Why don't you like RHATO?Just curious.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Hey guys, I have read a good bit of marvel arcs and found it to be huge pain in the ass to figure out a good reading order with tie ins and all. Where could I start the DC universe more specifically something kinda recent like 2k and on. Most interested some major story lines including Black Adam. If there is any must reads please let me know also.

Thx guys.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Hey guys, I have read a good bit of marvel arcs and found it to be huge pain in the ass to figure out a good reading order with tie ins and all. Where could I start the DC universe more specifically something kinda recent like 2k and on. Most interested some major story lines including Black Adam. If there is any must reads please let me know also.

Thx guys.
Black Adam is in the current Justice League run in the Shazam mini series. It starts around issue 8 I believe and has probably been my favorite DC story to this point along with Aquaman, Batman and Swamp Thing. Going to catch up on Wonder Woman very soon. I've also been growing quite fond of Action Comics again since the new team started on it. This Hybrid story is looking to be fantastic.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Does anyone like the superior Spider-Man concept? It seems kind of confusing.
Superior Spiderman was a book that I was hesitant to start reading, but once I did and got a couple of issues into it I absolutely loved it. The last issue made me want to cry. It's one of my favorite Marvel titles along with New Avengers and Thor: God of Thunder.

I like black Adams new 52 look, he's my main and I think it would be awesome in injustice.

Then I would never see it again because I would drop him and main RED HOOD YEYEAH!

Superior Spiderman was a book that I was hesitant to start reading, but once I did and got a couple of issues into it I absolutely loved it. The last issue made me want to cry. It's one of my favorite Marvel titles along with New Avengers and Thor: God of Thunder.
I don't know, the concept doesn't really grab me because it seems like
It was done for shock value, we all know it isn't going to stick very long and the status quo will return, makes it hard for me to enjoy it alittle bit.

I'm enjoying the gambit, venom, and scarlet spider books right now though, really hating what marvel has done to deadpool though.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I don't know, the concept doesn't really grab me because it seems like
It was done for shock value, we all know it isn't going to stick very long and the status quo will return, makes it hard for me to enjoy it alittle bit.

I'm enjoying the gambit, venom, and scarlet spider books right now though, really hating what marvel has done to deadpool though.
I liked Gambit that series was great. I thought Venom was the best Marvel book until Rick Remender left it and Bunn took over, and then I grew to really dislike it. Scarlet Spider was good to me too, but idk why I just dropped it. I think it was Minimum/Maximum Carnage that really pushed me away from the story.

Edit: Rodney Quillz As far as Superior Spiderman is concerned. Even if Peter comes back things have definitely changed forever in this series, and he is going to have to live with the changes Octavius has made forever. I definitely didn't like they way they went about doing it, but they have certainly been making a fantastic story out of it.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Carnage should of died at the end of maximum IMO, he really has no stories left to tell.
I really enjoyed Carnage and Carnage U.S.A. and high very high expectations for Maximum Carnage, which is probably what killed it for me tbh. I think it's fine to keep him around, but you gotta use him for something other than that.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Im thinking of reading Batman RIP and the Phoenix Saga...thoughts on those 2 guiseee?

And any other suggestions would be welcomed!;)

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Im thinking of reading Batman RIP and the Phoenix Saga...thoughts on those 2 guiseee?

And any other suggestions would be welcomed!;)
Although Grant Morrison Batman is usually solid I wouldn't reccomend Batman R.I.P. Is the Phoenix saga an X-Men story? If so I won't be able to help you there lol. I don't read much X-Men.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Hey guys it's been a while since I've posted on here! However I've been reading a lot lately and wanted to give my opinion on some stories! I'm going to make a list of things I've read recently that I've really enjoyed!

Batman Zero Year: With this book slowing down A LOT after Death of the Family, issue 21 marks the beginning of Zero Year, a story about Bruce Wayne's origin becoming Batman. (A.K.A. A year one reboot lol) This story has actually gotten off to a great start and has had a very interesting vibe to it, it's not Scott Snyder's usual creepy vibe he tries to give off. I don't want to get to in depth and give anything away, but it's been a very solid read imo.

Age of Ultron: This book really surpised me. I wasn't expecting a lot getting into it, but it started off with a huge bang and it didn't stop for ten issues. This was probably the most impressive major arc in the Marvel Universe for years imo, and that huge character reveal at the end was great! Spoiler below says who:

ANGELA! DAFUQ?!

Batman Incorporated: I really hated on this title early on without even really reading much, but I went back through and read the whole thing and it's awesome. Definitely a great book, kudos to Grant Morrison. Last issue with the final battle was great.

Justice League: This is another series that was really slowing down for me aside from the Shazam backstory, which from start to finish was aboslutely fantastic, but Justice League has really picked up leading up to the Trinity War. (Which has started with some huge bangs)

Justice League of America: This book has gotten better with each issue I've read, with the introduction of the new 52 Outsider, and this book putting all the pieces together for the Trinity War, it's been a very fun and interesting read. It's also cool to read all the MMH side stories in the back parts of the books.

Superman Unchained: Scott Snyder on Superman seems to be working and I hope they can keep it up.

Superior Spider-Man: There is nothing to say here except...WOW! This book has been one of my favorites all the way through and it doesn't do anything but get better with every issue that comes out. There are supposed to be some big things heading Otto's way starting next week's issue and I can't wait to see how that goes!

Fantastic Four/FF: These books pretty much go hand in hand with each other and they have been two of my favorites as well. I've always been a Fantastic Four fan and this story has been a great one up until this point. Although it's dragged out a bit longer than I would've liked it to, I'm not going to complain on it because they are making it work just fine since there is still so much they can actually do with it.

Vibe: This has been a newer series that no one has been talking about and idk why.

Green Arrow: Wow this book has really made a turnaround ever since Jeff Lemire started on it. I couldn't stand this book until he jumped on.

Constantine: Another amazing Jeff Lemire title, it's a bit newer and is only four issues deep until next week so an easy catch up. Really great read for those interested in the more magical characters of the DC universe.

Bedlam: Probably my favorite comic, next to SSM and the Shazam story, for the time being because of it's really unique feel. The first story just finished up and has a trade. I highly reccomend this comic!

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but I'll post more as I go along week by week.
I've also just started picking Spawn back up again and I can't wait to see how that is!

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
Batman Incorporated: I really hated on this title early on without even really reading much, but I went back through and read the whole thing and it's awesome. Definitely a great book, kudos to Grant Morrison. Last issue with the final battle was great.
kinda wish I read this series, cause while catching up w/ batman/batman&robin/redhood/nightwing. suddenly you know
damian is dead.

Trinity War is what I'm most interested on and what I'm anticipating is the Forever Evil arc teasing with
batman with lex, ba and other villains plus nightwings logo covered in blood (Please NO)

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
kinda wish I read this series, cause while catching up w/ batman/batman&robin/redhood/nightwing. suddenly you know
damian is dead.
That's pretty much the exact I picked up Batman Inc. lol. Turns out I ended up enjoying it as well haha.
Trinity War is what I'm most interested on and what I'm anticipating is the Forever Evil arc teasing with
batman with lex, ba and other villains plus nightwings logo covered in blood (Please NO)
Forever Evil is most definitely what I'm looking forward to reading lol. Trinity War has been better than I thought it would be too though.