What's new

Colored Version Of Ultimate Battler Achievement!

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
i disagree. i can't see a very interesting moveset with any of the freeze characters. (all the choices are villains anyway)

need room for better characters, where the fuck is dr. fate

How can't it be interesting? She can control and make things out of ice, there are tons of things you can do with that.

Are we still acting like the magazine that confirmed raven, black adam, and ares as playable characters didn't happen?
No, we just read it and understand the difference between confirmed to be in the game and confirmed to be playable in the game.
The only character that I think was actually confirmed to be a playable character in the magazine was Aquaman, the rest weren't specifically stated to be playable.

Irockz

I am Michael J. Caboose and I HATE BABIES!
No, we just read it and understand the difference between confirmed to be in the game and confirmed to be playable in the game.
The only character that I think was actually confirmed to be a playable character in the magazine was Aquaman, the rest weren't specifically stated to be playable.
Shazam was as well, in the magazine that mentioned Raven and Aquaman. Furthermore, said magazine listed Raven alongside multiple characters who had not been revealed at that point but have since, which left her as the only one unconfirmed.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
SNARDEater Not really, you can really only freeze stuff. That's it. Anything else would be far more interesting, and none of the ice characters speculated so far don't look the least bit cool. (no pun intended) I really doubt NRS can make them exciting to watch and do anything other than different ways to freeze people or throw ice.

case in point, sub-zero

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
NRS has to stick to Sub-Zero's classic guns to not alienate his fanbase. One would hope that they'd be able to slip out of their usual comfort zone for brand new ice characters who have no expectations in regards to their moveset except for at least one move that freezes the opponent.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
SNARDEater Not really, you can really only freeze stuff. That's it. Anything else would be far more interesting, and none of the ice characters speculated so far don't look the least bit cool. (no pun intended) I really doubt NRS can make them exciting to watch and do anything other than different ways to freeze people or throw ice.

case in point, sub-zero
Besides freezing people.
(At least in the case of Killer Frost)

Creating ice constructs is the biggest thing but also:

Ice pillars, ice spikes, ice shard barrages, ice weapons(a lot can be done with this, besides just blades), ice shields, cold wind related attacks, ice slide, ice platforms, using ice to give a boost to jumps, ice armor, (temporary)ice gauntlets/boots for more effected melee, heat absorption, some sort of attack that causes opponents to move slowly, freeze counter, making it snow in the arena for a power boost or something, ice clones, thats all I can think of off the top of my head. Some of these can also be implemented at different scales and angles. Yes some of those are things used in MK9 but they are still cool and interesting moves.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Ice is still visually unappealing(it looks boring as fuck) to me. The only ice character I want to see is Frost in MK10, I don't want this Scrub-Zero plague following me into another goddamn series.

Also, yes, there's a bit you can do, but name me the game NRS has actually gotten creative with ice.

it's not gonna happen

RYX

BIG PUSHER
shitty computer won't let me edit.

I forgot to add that you can do most of these with the lantern characters, so ice constructs are basically light constructs minus visual appeal plus.. ice.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
And then people would complain about Lantern Saturation. Larfleeze and Atrocitus would get the least complaints due to differing colours, but they don't really do traditional constructs themselves.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
And then people would complain about Lantern Saturation. Larfleeze and Atrocitus would get the least complaints due to differing colours, but they don't really do traditional constructs themselves.
there's 2 lanterns in the game though.

bringing up characters with less than zero chance of being in the game(I could see Atrocitus being DLC, he was hinted at some time ago) doesn't really disprove my point, but then again it's opinion anyway lol

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.

I forgot to add that you can do most of these with the lantern characters, so ice constructs are basically light constructs minus visual appeal plus.. ice.

You could say that about any character that can make/take things out of other things. Just because the lanterns can make constructs doesn't mean that that they should be the only construct based characters in the game.

People who can manipulate matter to create things, people who have weapons that create things, people who can use the elements to create things, people who can make things using their bodies, and people who can just pull things from other dimensions all basically have the same possible moves more-or-less in terms of potential fighting game movesets but they all have a unique way about them.

SNARDEater Not really, you can really only freeze stuff

Yeah and people with water powers can only get stuff wet, people with fire powers can only burn stuff, and people with electricity powers can only electrocute things.

You seem to be a very unimaginative person.

---
Though I disagree with you I still respect your opinion.

Courtney

Burn in my Light

Its not like if they don't put an Ice powered character in they'll put someone completely unique and fun in their place, it will in all likely hood just be someone else with guns or super strength or whatever

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Its not like if they don't put an Ice powered character in they'll put someone completely unique and fun in their place, it will in all likely hood just be someone else with guns or super strength or whatever
Considering all the rumors and the fact this is DC, this is incredibly misinformed. Raven, Dr. fate, MMH, hell even Mirror Master and Grodd would offer a unique fighting character over someone with guns, which is taken by Deathstroke an Quinn. ;)

Courtney

Burn in my Light
Considering all the rumors and the fact this is DC, this is incredibly misinformed. Raven, Dr. fate, MMH, hell even Mirror Master and Grodd would offer a unique fighting character over someone with guns, which is taken by Deathstroke an Quinn. ;)
Oh didn't mean it wasn't possible I meant that I strongly doubt they would bother with it my faith in NRS isn't all that high, if they can't make ice powers interesting I don't see them making something fun to put in its place

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Oh didn't mean it wasn't possible I meant that I strongly doubt they would bother with it my faith in NRS isn't all that high, if they can't make ice powers interesting I don't see them making something fun to put in its place
Raven and MMH = fun for the whole family

Don't see the point in griping about ice powers since we KNOW there will be one unless the very first thing we saw related to Injustice was an absolute troll.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Don't see the point in griping about ice powers since we KNOW there will be one unless the very first thing we saw related to Injustice was an absolute troll.
Because people are allowed to post their opinions.

There's no point to griping about anything related to to this but here we all are. :)

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Because people are allowed to post their opinions.

There's no point to griping about anything related to to this but here we all are. :)
Having an opinion isn't the same as having a point.

---

Another reason why I'm certain that is Kill Frost is that every villain in the announcement trailer is show except the person shooting the ice at Flash. And none of the characters were fighting their rivals except Superman and Luthor.

Another reason why I'm certain that is Kill Frost is that every villain in the announcement trailer is show except the person shooting the ice at Flash. And none of the characters were fighting their rivals except Superman and Luthor.
Very true. Very true. That's why I think the whole "It has to be Captain Cold" argument isn't quite right. A cold-based villain? Oh yes. But not necessarily Captain Cold. In fact, I think it's even less likely because...well, it looked like a giant icicle rather than a cold beam.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Very true. Very true. That's why I think the whole "It has to be Captain Cold" argument isn't quite right. A cold-based villain? Oh yes. But not necessarily Captain Cold. In fact, I think it's even less likely because...well, it looked like a giant icicle rather than a cold beam.
Ice, Ice, Baby

Reactions: SLy
Are we still acting like the magazine that confirmed raven, black adam, and ares as playable characters didn't happen?
Uhm, the magazine mentioned their names alongside playable characters. Doesn't mean that they're playable as well.
Their only appearance was in a cutscene, if I'm not all too wrong and Ed Boon said that not all of the characters from the story will be playable.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Raven looks too Mortal Kombat looking to just be a background/story character.

Black Adam is the only one that is still up in the air, and if that is indeed him in the Aquaman trailer, he is also pretty Mortal Kombat looking.