What's new

Colored Version Of Ultimate Battler Achievement!

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
What characters are you looking at going in on and trying to main so far?
Well so far I'm looking at Lex, Cyborg, Harley,and Green Arrow to be the first to fully dissect. I'll probably go with whoever best fits my style though. I love my favorite DC characters, but I like making some fight money more ^~

Personal favorite DC characters are Lex and Captain Cold. I've always loved villains with no powers that could stand up to superhumans and even start leading groups of superpowered villains into battle. I understand the Captain Cold hate because honestly his costume is pretty horrible in most cases, but his story and character are too awesome for me not to like. If he IS playable, NRS would for sure not make him look lame.

I swear I'd get so damp if they reveal Captain Cold soon.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Well so far I'm looking at Lex, Cyborg, Harley,and Green Arrow to be the first to fully dissect. I'll probably go with whoever best fits my style though. I love my favorite DC characters, but I like making some fight money more ^~

Personal favorite DC characters are Lex and Captain Cold. I've always loved villains with no powers that could stand up to superhumans and even start leading groups of superpowered villains into battle. I understand the Captain Cold hate because honestly his costume is pretty horrible in most cases, but his story and character are too awesome for me not to like. If he IS playable, NRS would for sure not make him look lame.

I swear I'd get so damp if they reveal Captain Cold soon.
Pretty much the sort of hit list of cast I predicted most tourney dudes would hit. They just have good combo potential with their moves, good spacing tools, and pretty solid looking strengths. Harley looks to get some interesting looking combos out of stuff. She can scoop people up and do some stuff on the ground thats cool and I like anyone who can combo off their super.

I've been leaning heavily toward Green Arrow, Lex, Cyborg and Sinestro getting a lot of tourney backing sense seeing them personally. GA and Cyborg are self explanatory, but Lex and Sinestro look like if either get their tools going they will be a damned nightmare to deal with. Lex RUINS footsies with his traps, tandem engine, air ax, and armor and Sinestro has pretty decent combo length, but with ridiculous lows and traps. The ability to hit low during flight is the harshest thing I think I've seen from him. I see him as the I: GAU equivalent of Dormammu in the sense that he has an army of crap to throw out there on the screen and he'll make getting in an uphill battle.

Any particular tools exciting you in particular with each of your picks?

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Any particular tools exciting you in particular with each of your picks?
Honestly the couple I named up there aren't even the ones I'm most worried about. Some of the character specific traits revealed so far are just flat out terrifying to think about.

Batman's is tossing electric batarangs that hit the opponent way after he tosses them so it sets up an assist situation mixup(safe mixup). Batman is already known to have a crazy amount of tools to mixup and crossup. This move has a cooldown though, just like an assist.

Flash could slow down time for a bit similar to Ammy and Joe from MvC3. This gives a huge time frame where you could just go for your dirtiest mixups. This move has a cooldown.

Sinestro charges up his little ball thing for a while but then basically gets Batman's batarangs but constantly out.... This opens up for obvious mixups for days.

These kinds of tools being in the game says SOOOOO much about how the game is going to end up playing out in a high level of play. The zoning/spacing characters look scary at first glance, but their traits are not nearly as scary as these I just named(Cyborg: health regain/Green Arrow: Switches arrows). It's going to be a really unforgiving and offensive game so thats why they felt like they had to give the zoners alot of tools to keep up.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And mechanics-wise what I'm really digging about the game is the way the rounds and clash system work. Both players have 2 life bars. If one loses a lifebar, the other player still keeps his. That is so huge. That means that a comeback will be really tough if you begin to get your second lifebar mauled before you take off your opponents first life bar. To make things a pinch more forgiving they made it so each player gets a clash if they are on their second lifebar though. The way I see it, it looks like the way you'll gain meter is like MK where the person getting mauled builds more meter so that by your second health bar you will have the meter advantage for clash(thus giving you a true combo breaker if the opponent is raping you).

This game is just looking so solid competitively that I seriously am blown away. I know without a doubt that if it is done well and the community gives it a chance, that it will be the new big game on campus alongside SF4 and Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
I know without a doubt that if it is done well and the community gives it a chance, that it will be the new big game on campus alongside SF4 and Marvel vs Capcom 3.
Man, I hope you're right. That would be amazing.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Good stuff. I didn't know fully how Sinestro's Gradius Option thingy worked yet. Considering his other tools he is looking pretty friggin' dirty for his ability to land a hit and in fighters thats all that matters. Any character can have combos its just how hard is it for them to open folks up? Being an Iron Fist player its been a big deal for me for awhile.

The tools I like the most so far are Batman's batarangs since, like you said, that one combo proved he can pretty much knock you down and call them on top of you from one side while he covers the other during your recovery for a scary mixup. Since you say Sinestro's orb works the same toss it in there too.
Another one I really dig is Green Arrow's unblockable super. Its an explosion so it covers a long area and it can be combo-ed from. I get the feeling there will be some nasty ways for me to abuse this on folks if I time it right giving him some ridiculous combo damage.

Finally I gotta say Lex Luthor's traps. His didn't hit in his video but he placed an exploding bomb in the air in his match. I played some MODOK and balloon bomb could be damned frustrating once you learned how to cover the gaps aroung it with your tools. Folks would just fall apart in their setups trying to figure out how to work around it. So long as its not really pathetic and easy to get rid of I can come up with a lot of dirty stuff off of that tool again with a man with tandem engine, good dashes, and a HUGE air ax.

Its fun brainstorming about tools folks use. Honestly I'm glad Batman is looking unsafe on block and whif with his stuff, because his gimmick is pretty nasty.

Just makes me wish we had proper character breakdown videos
And my wish is that Dinozords and JaeRoar wouldn't break down the videos at all.

For example, there is the fight and you clearly see one of the characters using the stage interactive object in the corner and JaeRoar is like: "Here we have a character using the mechanic where he pushes the enemy away and as you can see the opponent clearly has to stand far away from him."

And I'm like WTF???

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
You are giving me the vibe that you know something we don't lol
Ice in the announcement trailer. SNARDEater mentioned it in his post above. I went and found it and changed my avatar.

If that is knowing something I guess I know that an icicle is attacking the Flash in the announcement trailer lol

There is also the fact that Sub-Zero is my favorite MK character... so I am excited if it is true that a DC Ice character will be in Injustice ^_^

Ice in the announcement trailer. SNARDEater mentioned it in his post above. I went and found it and changed my avatar.
If that is knowing something I guess I know that an icicle is attacking the Flash in the announcement trailer lol
There is also the fact that Sub-Zero is my favorite MK character... so I am excited if it is true that a DC Ice character will be in Injustice ^_^
Hey man, welcome to 2013.
You know what they tend to say: better late then never.

trufenix

bye felicia
Lars and Bob say Hi

Tekken's cast has been built up over like 10 games now and each game in the series has had a very clearly defined top tier. Creating 50 brand new guys right out of the gate would be a balancing nightmare. See: MvC3.

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
I'm referring to Tag 2. Of course, there are top tiers, that's in every fighting game. No one has severe weaknesses though. Their are no 7-3 match-ups or anything of the sort. I'm constantly told by people from the Tag 2 scene that it's balanced, and if tournament players aren't bitchin' then well...

trufenix

bye felicia
No, we just read it and understand the difference between confirmed to be in the game and confirmed to be playable in the game.
The only character that I think was actually confirmed to be a playable character in the magazine was Aquaman, the rest weren't specifically stated to be playable.
I'm not even sure where the uncertainty still lies. At the time of that article, none of the characters were confirmed. Now, more than half of them are. As the decorated leader of the ordinary / bat characters don't belong party, I can't imagine you would support any logic but their full inclusion.

Are you just shielding yourself from disappointment, or are you actually going to make the point that NRS would put together a cinematic in which a bunch of unplayable characters fight against a bunch of playable characters in the opening cinematic?

trufenix

bye felicia
I'm referring to Tag 2. Of course, there are top tiers, that's in every fighting game. No one has severe weaknesses though. Their are no 7-3 match-ups or anything of the sort. I'm constantly told by people from the Tag 2 scene that it's balanced, and if tournament players aren't bitchin' then well...
Balance and no bad matchups are something entirely different. And like I said, Tag 2 is literally the eighth or ninth revision of the Tekken 5 cast, which was the last time the cast or engine had any sort of big shakeup. Its like wondering why the characters in VF5 are so tightly nit, the series has only added like 6 characters in 20 years.

A way more telling story would be games like KoFXIII, or MvC3, or SFxT or even MK9 that shipped with a ton of new characters and the balance problems were obvious.

See: MvC3.
I feel like MvC3 shouldn't even be considered as a standalone game, but just the shitty prior version of UMvC3.
I honestly don't believe that they made MvC3, then decided to make UMvC3 and started working on it ... they had that plan from the beginning, if you ask me.

But that's just my opinion now and I'm very biased against Crapcom.

On the other hand though, I have to say that UMvC3 feels like one of the more balanced fighters judging by the roster (obviously stuff like Virtua Fighter stands above everything else).
UMvC3 may have a lot of stupid stuff, random stuff, cheap stuff, unbalanced stuff, fuck even broken stuff but when it comes to the UMvC3 roster you have sooo many characters who can be considered as very, very high tier characters and even if some of them are weak on their own, they can turn out into very good characters by simply having the right assists.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I feel like MvC3 shouldn't even be considered as a standalone game, but just the shitty prior version of UMvC3.
I honestly don't believe that they made MvC3, then decided to make UMvC3 and started working on it ... they had that plan from the beginning, if you ask me.

But that's just my opinion now and I'm very biased against Crapcom.

On the other hand though, I have to say that UMvC3 feels like one of the more balanced fighters judging by the roster (obviously stuff like Virtua Fighter stands above everything else).
UMvC3 may have a lot of stupid stuff, random stuff, cheap stuff, unbalanced stuff, fuck even broken stuff but when it comes to the UMvC3 roster you have sooo many characters who can be considered as very, very high tier characters and even if some of them are weak on their own, they can turn out into very good characters by simply having the right assists.
Well, that's what makes tag games kind of hard judge as far as tier lists go. If UMvC3 was just 1vs1, that game would be HELLA unbalanced and no one would play it; however, when you have a team of three and you can use assists, you can put in characters that "would be" bottom tier, and they can really help your team out. I think back to vanilla MvC3's Tronne who had that godlike assist.

If 2v2 was the tournament standard in MK9, I'm sure the tier lists might look a little different, if only so slightly.

trufenix

bye felicia
Killzone,

re: Ultimate:
Capcom is a pretty shady organization (which they wouldn't be if they'd stop pretending they care about the fans) and there's no doubt they came to the Ultimate decision long before they told us about it, but there's no reason to believe that things didn't go down exactly the way they said which is Tsunami = plans changed. There's way more evidence that they're telling the truth than that they aren't.

re: Balance:
No, UMvC3 is horribly unbalanced and it does not have a lot of good characters at the top tier. If it takes an assist to make your character good, he / she is not good. The assist is. Pair that assist with a better character, and yours becomes irrelevant.

As you say, because its a tag game lots of characters "look good" in the hands of dedicated players (MODOK, Viper, Chris, Ryu, even Thor) but it doesn't change the fact that those characters need specific set ups, specific assists (usually a top tier, ironically), lots of meter, and multiple touches to kill. The real top tiers (Zero, Vergil, Spencer, Doom, etc) need one touch, any time, any where to kill a character and there are only about 8 of them.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I'm not even sure where the uncertainty still lies. At the time of that article, none of the characters were confirmed. Now, more than half of them are. As the decorated leader of the ordinary / bat characters don't belong party, I can't imagine you would support any logic but their full inclusion.

Are you just shielding yourself from disappointment, or are you actually going to make the point that NRS would put together a cinematic in which a bunch of unplayable characters fight against a bunch of playable characters in the opening cinematic?
What disappointment? I want all of those characters to be confirmed, but I doubt it.

Hell, i've been bitching about Black Adam not being revealed since this game was announced, on SRK and here, and if you don't believe me there is a search feature on both sites.

Cruz

Banned
Fuck this picture!
I first thought it was Ares but today it looks like a shemale and the other one looks like Killer Frost first but now
it looks like Circe and sometimes it starts looking like Poison Ivy. :p
I'm done with this picture, i'll just wait for the full roster to be announced.

Fuck this picture!
I first thought it was Ares but today it looks like a shemale and the other one looks like Killer Frost first but now
It'd probably help if the person that got the colored version were able to get a high res version, but that's not going to happen.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Fuck this picture!
Didn't you have a high quality picture that showed who these characters were?