What's new

Closed Beta Jade Discussion

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
It's the only way to play her. Once I figure out how to use the deadly assassin wiggly stick string (hit b2, slide fingers over everything else), whiff punishing people was actually giving me a bit of damage compared to before (still shit tho) and I was doing a lot better with her.

I think the best loadout now is: air glaive, edenian spark, and deadly assassin.

creates great keepaway.

And her d4 is pretty awesome.

Still would buff her damage percentages OR give her a pop up on her slow af, unsafe af, overhead lol

This, I still hate that this is a dial a string...there are so many times I go to punish and am just left with the b2.

I feel like I'm going to need to get a fucking stick to play her right lol.

But I disagree...I still think the range on her sweep and having the safe special cancel in polevault is huge...

Currently I am using the low traveling projectile, Pole Valt, and deadly assassin. But I swap back and forth between the low and the air glave.

I miss having the air glave for the juke jumps and jump away shenanigans, but then I miss have the low projectile for f2 mixups and faster zoning/jump conditioning.

Reactions: jmt

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
OR give her a pop up on her slow af, unsafe af, overhead lol
Making a bad move her only way to do damage is not going to help the character.
She doesn't necessarily need to be a combo character but she needs hard AF punishing at the very least.

EDIT: But only if punishing is actually viable in the game. Having hard AF i9 punishment and then nothing being worse than -8 on block isn't going to work either lmao

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I heard Tom and Reo talk about Jade on stream and I agree with Tom that she doesn't necessarily need to be a combo character but I also agree with REO a variation with a decent way to combo like a good launcher that's 2 slots, might just work.

If she also has the potential to punish well, she'll be excellent and still not broken because she'll still be possible to outplay.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
This, I still hate that this is a dial a string...there are so many times I go to punish and am just left with the b2.

I feel like I'm going to need to get a fucking stick to play her right lol.

But I disagree...I still think the range on her sweep and having the safe special cancel in polevault is huge...

Currently I am using the low traveling projectile, Pole Valt, and deadly assassin. But I swap back and forth between the low and the air glave.

I miss having the air glave for the juke jumps and jump away shenanigans, but then I miss have the low projectile for f2 mixups and faster zoning/jump conditioning.
which is exactly why I ditch pole vault. I've rarely used it, but it didn't seem that good tbh.

MkPeezy

Unicorn Papi
How do ya'll feel about horizontal glaive? I just wish she throws it, not it boomerangs around her then goes. Kinda like how Scarlet's horizontal fireball is fast and to the point thats how I wish it was....

Honestly, after playing Jade primarily for the beta, she really does need something to rack on the damage. She's "Good" not bad. Not great. Just "Good".

I don't doubt the NRS team won't patch up her flaws. But as of now she definitely needs a few things shifted around to work properly. As it stands, poking and punishing to death is not ideal. Especially when one or two hits from someone else compared to your five can absolutely ruin your life lead.

I think they need to double down here and make her a better wall. Make it hell for people to get in. Honestly if that was the case now she'd be fine. But as things curencurr are she's too "fair" to be worth the extra work. Definitely gonna try maining her on release. But if she doesn't get some love soon than I think shhels just remain a scrub killer.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
@Jynks it doesn't, and I'm not sure what to think. Could be a bug, but it has a history of not working on zoning tools where it needs to. In mk9 Kenshi was a borderline unwinnable matchup because his clone moves didn't count.

It's already unsafe af, not sure why it doesn't.

esc1

95% of TYM discussion: "It's fine"
Found something really helpful that they don't tell you in the menu.. you can run almost full screen with Pole Vault by holding down A.. If you hit them with 1,2 Pole Vault and hold A you can push the opponent almost a third of the entire stage :D

If you hit 1,2 normal pole vault without extending the run, you will be standing over the opponent where you can get a standing jump 1 and combo for pressure.

Where is the damage? Jesus Christ I can beat some people but thats with 15 seconds left on the clock.. it takes forever.. and requires so many reads. Her regular projectile is probably the worst in the game. Requiring the whole string to be input for the second hit to come out is bonkers. Why bring Jade back just to make her low tier, again. Its an insult
People will sit on here and tell you that you're playing her all "wrong" and you need to play her like a zoner -- such a monotone and bland design that they think everyone should adhere to.

"It's fine"
Said all the idiots on this website who don't even play her or will even main her outside of the beta. We need to band together to stop this spread of disinformation before it get too out of control.

So out of curiosity, what are most following up get kB with mid screen and her butterfly spin in the corner with?
I do 124 (kb) and then move forward a little followed by standing 1, B343 into Shadow kick. All of this is universal but I use Edenian Assassin so the Shadow kick is the universal teleport one.

Reactions: jmt
People will sit on here and tell you that you're playing her all "wrong" and you need to play her like a zoner -- such a monotone and bland design that they think everyone should adhere to.

Said all the idiots on this website who don't even play her or will even main her outside of the beta. We need to band together to stop this spread of disinformation before it get too out of control.
Im gonna play devil's advocate for a sec here. Jade does have something going on for her. Her range is "good", and having an ability that allows almost "full" projectile immunity is amazing. In the right hands she's definitely good. But that's it.

I personally don't know why people seem to overlook her flaws, almost like they don't exist, or they aren't worth mentioning. But they do indeed exist.

Playing her has honestly been like been playing at a disadvantage against the beta cast. The "range" that she so apparently possess is cut short by everyone else's range. Everyone so far in the beta has a couple strings to compete with hers. Making her range a moot point tbh.

To cut this short, Jade DOES NOT excel at anything besides making zoning obsolete. And since the game is more footsie heavy, it ultimately doesn't matter.

MkPeezy

Unicorn Papi
Im gonna play devil's advocate for a sec here. Jade does have something going on for her. Her range is "good", and having an ability that allows almost "full" projectile immunity is amazing. In the right hands she's definitely good. But that's it.

I personally don't know why people seem to overlook her flaws, almost like they don't exist, or they aren't worth mentioning. But they do indeed exist.

Playing her has honestly been like been playing at a disadvantage against the beta cast. The "range" that she so apparently possess is cut short by everyone else's range. Everyone so far in the beta has a couple strings to compete with hers. Making her range a moot point tbh.

To cut this short, Jade DOES NOT excel at anything besides making zoning obsolete. And since the game is more footsie heavy, it ultimately doesn't matter.
And you try to aura against someone who knows what they're doing (scor, kab) you're getting tele or nomad on reaction for full combo... So you have to take the risk, do it when you read a fb, or on knockdown...if not hold this smh....and lets talk how you air glaive and tele and nomad hits airborne lol

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
So out of curiosity, what are most following up get kB with mid screen and her butterfly spin in the corner with?
If I think they are going to Breakaway, I'll simply uppercut.

Otherwise I use dash into b343 nitro kick amplify after a Krushing Blow. Both KBs are over 300 damage with this midscreen.

In the corner after butterfly, I keep it safe and do d1, d1, 212

NINJA EDIT: Normal Glaive is good against Scorpion as if they teleport "on reaction" to you doing it, they will get hit by the Glaive and you have major frame advantage.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
If I think they are going to Breakaway, I'll simply uppercut.
I think this is smart. Fought a few Jade mirrors today and I brokeaway every time I got tagged by the 124 KB since I know it's one of Jade's few big combo opportunities.

Right now people don't realize how big that KB is for Jade, but as soon as they start catching on they'll break every time. Best to cash out with the D2 damage and keep yourself safe.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I play her as walk back Jade/ fish for the knockdown. I then space out my sweep or my f2. Kind of like how kenshi played the shoulder barge. Jump Ins against me eat my d2, and my strings space myself out...just like mk9 kenshi.

I don't have a shoulder barge to spam, but I do have my strings. Hope that kind of makes sense.

Dizz_88

Noob
Jade's combos are so hard to do... her b343 i can't hit for shit. I even try putting the inputs as fast as possible and it still doesn't come out %80 of the time.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I play her as walk back Jade/ fish for the knockdown. I then space out my sweep or my f2. Kind of like how kenshi played the shoulder barge. Jump Ins against me eat my d2, and my strings space myself out...just like mk9 kenshi.

I don't have a shoulder barge to spam, but I do have my strings. Hope that kind of makes sense.
mk9 kenshi never had to work for anything

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
It's the only way to play her. Once I figure out how to use the deadly assassin wiggly stick string (hit b2, slide fingers over everything else), whiff punishing people was actually giving me a bit of damage compared to before (still shit tho) and I was doing a lot better with her.

I think the best loadout now is: air glaive, edenian spark, and deadly assassin.

creates great keepaway.

And her d4 is pretty awesome.

Still would buff her damage percentages OR give her a pop up on her slow af, unsafe af, overhead lol
Same Loadout I use for her. I feel like this is her best load out for the beta at least. Her extra strings are great for fooling those who thought only the wiggly stick was coming. Then she have that wonderful 3,2,2 into low. Wish there was a overhead option of that just to keep her honest, but not combo of the string.
-end qoute

I'm seeing quite a few folks say she is bad? I just question thier patience, cause I played her and won all 10-2 games using her. I didn't play much today, just chilled and watched MKTom Brady play her similar to me. You must be slow and steady, not in a hurry to win with her.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
I would like to say...Why do Skarlett seem to have better range normals than Jade? You would like think her having a staff, she have greater range than everyone? She is the first female for MK to use a staff, her should be the best next to Skarlett.

I love how Skarlett has a low staff poke while walking backwards, but Jade f3 seem not to reach that far. Plus it's a mid and unsafe without throwing out the out button. Maybe, things will change in the final build.

Last edited: