What's new

Closed Beta Jade Discussion

Anyone having an issue with not having jade and kabal and the tower missing? I did the turn off and on yesterday when it happened and it came back.

Today i was in tower, my variation still saved, toggled kb hold option, tested it out, restart match then error code and shut me out. Now , no jade, kabal, or tower

Also, having the control of when your kbs come out seems really advantageous
Anyone?

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
Anyone having an issue with not having jade and kabal and the tower missing? I did the turn off and on yesterday when it happened and it came back.

Today i was in tower, my variation still saved, toggled kb hold option, tested it out, restart match then error code and shut me out. Now , no jade, kabal, or tower

Also, having the control of when your kbs come out seems really advantageous
They will appear. I had this happen.

Agilaz

It has begun
Messed around with Jade a little bit, she seems OK.

I get she has limited combo potential and relatively low damage, but I think that's a logical trade-off for her range and safety. Good variety in hit regions too.

Wigy

There it is...
Messed around with Jade a little bit, she seems OK.

I get she has limited combo potential and relatively low damage, but I think that's a logical trade-off for her range and safety. Good variety in hit regions too.
She's not any safer than other characters. All specials are unsafe minus her vault which can be interrupted for a full combo.

Skarlets range and neutral seems just as good.

So b2124 is special cancellable, not sure if it was confirmed earlier. You can cancel during 1 and 2. Still need to input the entire string though during wiggle stick animation, then spec input before animation of impact you want to cancel from.

Mid screen b212(4), amp shadow kick.
Maybe for whiff punish/kounter this is good? you get 220 and change damage plus pushback/swap sides depending on your loadout. Plus the range you can execute it from i think is pretty dece.

Can wiggle stick consistently punish anything on block? Im thinking teles, nomads, etc

Opinions appreciated

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
So b2124 is special cancellable, not sure if it was confirmed earlier. You can cancel during 1 and 2. Still need to input the entire string though during wiggle stick animation, then spec input before animation of impact you want to cancel from.

Mid screen b212(4), amp shadow kick.
Maybe for whiff punish/kounter this is good? you get 220 and change damage plus pushback/swap sides depending on your loadout. Plus the range you can execute it from i think is pretty dece.

Can wiggle stick consistently punish anything on block? Im thinking teles, nomads, etc

Opinions appreciated
Wiggle stick was my go to punish on blocked Nomad dashes. That is a decent punish as far as it goes. I think you squeeze out slightly more damage using pole vault instead of shadow kick, but that's secondhand.

gitblame

Noob
Seriously, the more I play Jade more I think she's totally fine. She's freaking defensive wall that at the same time can't be zoned out. I started playing super "lame" (like what JustinWong calls playing lame) and it feels super great. She excells in defense like noone else it seems.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Jade is imo from this build, from these characters the legit zoner. Though Skarlet is also good, however Jade is not a good match up for Scorpion out of everyone in this build I've noticed lol....his 50/50's and teleports can give her a rough time but she's fun to play. I have to get used to the rolls and wake up attacks, I feel like the wake ups don't come out consistently which infuriates the hell out of me. I really do miss the MK 9 wake ups, imo that was NRS's best wake up mechanic out of all their games so far. MK11 is fun though, something addicting about it. I will definitely be maining other characters though to deal with characters like scorpion.

I'd say Jade is a better zone and more defensive character, definitely not much of a rushdown and not a combo heavy character at all.

Seriously, the more I play Jade more I think she's totally fine. She's freaking defensive wall that at the same time can't be zoned out. I started playing super "lame" (like what JustinWong calls playing lame) and it feels super great. She excells in defense like noone else it seems.
The problem is that Jade can easily be beated by a super offensive character (like Scorpion or Kabal) and it appears that the full game is going to have even more super offensive characters, like Liu Kang.

She kinda feels like Sombra was from Overwatch, really hard to do something and not that rewarding, but she is fun AF...

Enviado de meu SM-A700FD usando o Tapatalk

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
She has 5 KBs...
B2, b343, 21 are your combo starters. They just don’t lead to much lol
D2 KB or 124 KB are your pop ups...unfortunately

But yea she’s ok.
I think the problem with her KBs is that they rely more on the opponent messing up than anything you do. Hitting 3 shadow kicks in a row without the opponent blocking is not something that will happen, ever. Same with the full screen pole vault (well, maybe with glow and a projectile with tons of recovery). Even the parry relies on people attacking late in the animation, ie, messing up.

Compare that to Scorp or Baraka who can scout a counter hit and tag the KB on to the end of a combo. Or something like Sub-Zero’s slide, which can be specifically worked towards and deployed in a match.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
A character with no real comeback potential will not be a good character imo.
I still feel that she needs a bit more damage. Not a lot, just enough that we won't end up feeling like we have to work twice as hard in the end meta.

jmt

Noob
I think the problem with her KBs is that they rely more on the opponent messing up than anything you do. Hitting 3 shadow kicks in a row without the opponent blocking is not something that will happen, ever. Same with the full screen pole vault (well, maybe with glow and a projectile with tons of recovery). Even the parry relies on people attacking late in the animation, ie, messing up.

Compare that to Scorp or Baraka who can scout a counter hit and tag the KB on to the end of a combo. Or something like Sub-Zero’s slide, which can be specifically worked towards and deployed in a match.
Yep exactly. Her kb design is off.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
If Liu Kang is going to take half your healthbar in no time flat and you'll "be fine" and barely do any damage, guess who'll be the better character lol

No, comeback potential is a top reason for becoming bottom tier in the end meta. It's not fine at all. You don't need 50% to be a good character but having 50% can make you one.

And not having good damage is not a good thing in a game where the point is damaging the opponent.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
So out of curiosity, what are most following up get kB with mid screen and her butterfly spin in the corner with?

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
embrace the lame
It's the only way to play her. Once I figure out how to use the deadly assassin wiggly stick string (hit b2, slide fingers over everything else), whiff punishing people was actually giving me a bit of damage compared to before (still shit tho) and I was doing a lot better with her.

I think the best loadout now is: air glaive, edenian spark, and deadly assassin.

creates great keepaway.

And her d4 is pretty awesome.

Still would buff her damage percentages OR give her a pop up on her slow af, unsafe af, overhead lol