What's new

Closed Beta Jade Discussion

jmt

Noob
All that said, what do you guys think the best loadout is?

Currently I've just been using Up glaive, Air glaive (i really love this one), and low projectile.

The only other ones I think I'd consider would be the extra strings and the teleport. I like the regular shadow kick because it's good for when you need to switch sides.
I feel pretty much the same exactly

mikeraskol

Beverly Hills High Class of 2010 Valedictorian
I was very underwhelmed at first when I got my hands on her, but then I settled for a zoning build. And now I'm sold. I was surprised when I was able to take some games off of GGA Jeremiah with it. Her zoning feels very real to me.
Air Glaive
Ground Projectile
Extra Normals
I've been watching Tom Brady for about the last hour and this is basically the answer here. She's a space control zoner. A bunch of people in his chat were asking about her damage and whether it needed to increase and he thought it was good for what she was, any more and she'd be too tough to deal with. I'm not totally sure I agree with that, her damage feels just a tad low.

I tried her out a bit as well and that's kind of where I ended up. Which unfortunately just isn't my style I don't think - can't see playing her over Cassie or Jacqui.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I've been using 21bf1amplify as a punish to get extra pressure off of it, seems to be helping as a deterrent to teleporters and random uppercuts

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Jade is exposing alot of people because she is borderline broken and literally can do everything except huge combos. Yall looking real spooky lmao!

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
In a row, as in, don't amplify 3 kicks in a row that hit

or

don't do any other move of any kind in between?
Scar did literally three unamplified shadow kicks in a row that connected, no moves in between. I don't know if there is more nuance here and that's just how it went down while I was watching, but I suspect it is what it appears to be.

That kind of bums me out. Raw shadow kicks are a huge risk. This seems less tactical like many of the other KBs and more dependent on fighting someone who refuses to block.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Scar did literally three unamplified shadow kicks in a row that connected, no moves in between. I don't know if there is more nuance here and that's just how it went down while I was watching, but I suspect it is what it appears to be.

That kind of bums me out. Raw shadow kicks are a huge risk. This seems less tactical like many of the other KBs and more dependent on fighting someone who refuses to block.
i guarantee you can combo off of it, thats what it sounds like

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
All that said, what do you guys think the best loadout is?

Currently I've just been using Up glaive, Air glaive (i really love this one), and low projectile.

The only other ones I think I'd consider would be the extra strings and the teleport. I like the regular shadow kick because it's good for when you need to switch sides.
I’ve been enjoying the extra combos, teleport, and pole vault.

gitblame

Noob
From what I read and tried 124 is not attached to any counter state. First hit has to whiff, the others have to land. That's when KB is activated.

Queen Sindel

Divine Enlightenment
Has anybody noticed, Jade becoming Kotal Kanh bride ? That is according Jade vs Baraka intro. Not bad for Kotal...

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
I've seen 124 kb when 1 was blocked, but 2 and 4 hit. Also the party kb I got after hitting with amp parry then hitting with regular.

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
Jade's damage is not great right now, her frame data isn't amazing and her glow can be fullscreen punished by certain moves such as Kabal's nomad dash.

Let's not allow people who don't even main her to prevent her from being a great character.
Honestly, It is a Beta, and stuff will change on release most likely, Ive seen some Jades kick ass

Sonicfox was having trouble with one yesterday when he was playing Kabal/Skarlet