What's new

Closed Beta Jade Discussion

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
Great stuff as usual. Her damage is definitely some of the lowest currently from what we've seen.
While her damage is low, She has quite a bit of tools to play footsies and the neutral incredibly well, and can also punish people zoning heavily (Kabal with his high and low buzzsaw`s, Skarlet in general)

The biggest thing that we need to see is how she shapes up to the rest of the Kast on release

If she is looking weak from stats, NRS will likely Buff her.

Reactions: jmt

gitblame

Noob
Remember we don't even play proper build. Movement will be even better. Maybe her strings and ranged buttons will work even better when she will be able to create more whiff scenarios with bare movement

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
While her damage is low, She has quite a bit of tools to play footsies and the neutral incredibly well, and can also punish people zoning heavily (Kabal with his high and low buzzsaw`s, Skarlet in general)

The biggest thing that we need to see is how she shapes up to the rest of the Kast on release

If she is looking weak from stats, NRS will likely Buff her.
Or not. In MK9 she was weak to begin with and her core kit got nerfed further.
At one point I was the only Jade main on this website.
#NeverAgain

- Jade's damage needs a definite 10% increase.
- Glow needs to be not punishable full screen by nomad dash and other similar mobility.
Not much to ask.

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
Ive been watching REO play Jade and what he is saying about her

Says that she has Really good Chip Damage, and that like Scorpion cant be Zoned

Hes also said and played the Base Rushdown Jade, and Said its really good into Scorpion and that the Run Cancel is a great mind game tool, along with Glow

Big thing is that if Jade gets the Life lead, she should let her opponent work for it, (AKA Make them come to you, and punish them for it)

Everyone is looking Good so far in the Beta, and i feel like every character is gonna have a Powerful gimmick on release from one of the special moves.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I actually really grew to like the character after not expecting to. She plays all nice and meticulous like. For the record, she seems good to me.

I rocked Pole Vault + Cancel and Deadly Assassin(The extra strings.) all day.

Having the extra strings is nice, especially B124 since you can hit confirm it for good damage and the extra hits have crazy range on them.(They also might be low/low/overhead people kept getting hit by it.) That string can probably be countered easily because it has a huge gap but it's still a nice tool. She also gets a better sweep that hits twice. Next it adds to 43 with 432 which is a safe string that ends in a full screen knockdown and the additional hit has huge range. Finally, you get a nice follow up on 3 with 322/322D1 and a final hit is low.

The Pole Vault is -5 on block and while it creates gaps, Jade jumps high in the air so the opponent can whiff with pokes and stuff. I like to mix it up with after B2, F2, B1 and other strings or sometimes just to run in on people. The MB is punishable but it has a KB attached to it.(I think you just need to let Jade run a bit first.) The real good stuff is her Pole Vault Cancel that lets her cancel the run at the cost of one bar of defense for getting in close and mixing up with normal Pole Vault or going cancelling to go into mixups. I don't know if anything is plus on block from it but the cancel on block is fast and definitely can be used for pressure. And if you mess up your timing you might get an accidental KB from Pole Vault amp!

I never want to hear another person complain about zoning in this game because Jade can just turn it off with Purple. Amazing move, use it.

She also has a nice parry but I need to use it more.

Her D2 is fantastic. B3/B343 is the strike follow up to a d1 on hit.

Wigy

There it is...
So f2 has the most garbage hitbox ever. It's an overhead and has absolutely not aerial hitbox around her body. Only at far range. Same with her fatal blow. It's very difficult to stop people jumping in with anything but her d2. But then you get air projectile fakeouts.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Been rocking the default air glaive + low projectile.

She's really tough to get used to, just cuz of how much you have to think to play her without DA. Your spacing is wack? Good luck. After getting more used to her (and new controller), she feels okay, just missing damage and maybe needs some base stuff to have more safety. b3434's gap is PB-able, not sure if a normal interrupt works, as no one's been able to mash out of it yet lol. Also, b2 being 10f for how far it reaches is gonna be pretty cool for her, high or not. Thankfully she has a decent mid in b3, only a frame slower, to cover b2's hit level.

Hopefully later builds have her changed more. Right now she'll probably have a tough time.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
So f2 has the most garbage hitbox ever. It's an overhead and has absolutely not aerial hitbox around her body. Only at far range. Same with her fatal blow. It's very difficult to stop people jumping in with anything but her d2. But then you get air projectile fakeouts.
Yeah it doesn't hit above her much. It'll hit about standing height on an airborne opponent, but that's it lol.

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
Honestly, I think people are too focused on her Damage atm

Jade has really good Chip dmg and Mix ups (Including Deadly assassin)

I do agree she may need buff`s, but i think you need to play her similar to Mileena in they way of putting pressure on your opponent and punishing them accordingly.

kcd117

Noob
I love this character. Her neutral is so good, she is the best anti scrub character in the build imo. She is a monster when you get the life lead.

With that said, I think most, if not all of her problems (very low dmg and lack of viable moves variety) would be solved with changes to 2 moves. Shadow kick should do like 12% regular e 18% when amplified. It should also KB on the 3rd hit regardless of it being the 3rd consecutive hit, bc let's be honest here if it stays like that we're never seeing it in a high-level match. That would solve her dmg output problem bc she would now have access to 25ish% combos midscreen. The other change I would suggest is making her bf1 a mid bc well... when a duckable projectile has 3 years of startup I think something is off.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Jade is fine. Don’t listen to skrubs guise. Take a look at all of her tools on paper.

-run
-run cancel + grab WITH KB
-glow
-fullscreen punisher with great corner carry
-godlike anti air
-low projectile
-downward projectile
-straight projectile
-super far reaching normals

Her only negatives

-low damage
-Limited combo potential

Idk why people say her buttons/frames are bad. You really want her to have plus frames with the gigantic normals she has? I don’t think you do. She has gaps that can be FB, but so does everyone else that’s not a weakness and half the time if your spacing is good you can’t even launch her after doing FB U2. Jade is not Scorpion Baraka or Kabal. She’s jade. Just cause they have combos doesn’t mean she needs them. Neither of them have the tools she does. Let these people design their damn game and let shit play out before crying about a character you cried to have for like 6 years. She comes out and in less than 24 hrs she’s awful? S T O P

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
Jade is fine. Don’t listen to skrubs guise. Take a look at all of her tools on paper.

-run
-glow
-godlike anti air
-low projectile
-downward projectile
-straight projectile

Her only negatives

-low damage
-Limited combo potential

Idk why people say her buttons/frames are bad. You really want her to have plus frames with the gigantic normals she has? I don’t think you do. She has gaps that can be FB, but so does everyone else that’s not a weakness and half the time if your spacing is good you can’t even launch her after doing FB U2. Jade is not Scorpion Baraka or Kabal. She’s jade. Just cause they have combos doesn’t mean she needs them. Neither of them have the tools she does. Let these people design their damn game and let shit play out before crying about a character you cried to have for like 6 years. She comes out and in less than 24 hrs she’s awful? S T O P
You're a real pro, dawg :DOGE

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I think wanting to get in with her is the absolute wrong idea with her??

But maybe that's just me because I'm not a fan of her up close tools and I don't want to lose air or low projectile...

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!

-run
-glow
-godlike anti air
-low projectile
-downward projectile
-straight projectile

Her only negatives

-low damage
-Limited combo potential

I never said I wanted her to have plus frames. I said her current frames are not impressive.
She has no 6f move, not even her d1 which can potentially mean that in certain cases she might not get out of pressure.
See the conditional there? Because it's Beta and we don't yet know.
Beta, because we were supposed to say what we think could possibly be a problem for a character.
Like f2 whiffing within its own hitbox.

Her damage being lower than others is a FACT.
I never cried to have her for 6 years, I waited.
I never cried that she's awful, I pointed at exact things that I thought might be a problem.
I don't want her to be brokentier because that means more nerfs down the line.
I want her to be competitive, not just viable but excellent but in the sweet spot where she does not need destructive nerfs.

If you can't read why use a forum let alone be a moderator in one?

Thanks for indirectly insulting me without putting my name there, professional as always.
Let's get personal then.
You fully deserve your moderator rights on this forum as a top tier human being.

If you stopped being such a hostile piece of work and looked at people's intentions maybe you wouldn't come off as such a jerk.

Like when you straight up insulted me in the TYM discord.

EDIT: You joined this forum during when? Injustice 1? MKX? You never played mk9 Jade, you have no idea what it felt to be bottom tier against MK9 Kabal and Cyrax so how about you shut the hell up with your hostile attitude, dude.

Last edited:

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Apparently...I played Jade most of the day yesterday and I must say she is not meant to be a combo monster. her archetype is definitely more of a very annoying zoner who can anti zone you. If opponent comes close, BOOM shadow kick. Her crushing blows seem like they're designed to punish when opponents get close. She can be a beast but I feel her normals can be tweeked a bit. I wished her F21 can lead into...ANYTHING actually. But her midscreen normals are pretty weak with a long start up but excels with the glaives. Overall, I really wanted to love this character cuz shes a beautiful Black Queen with gorgeous custom options, but so far shes the weakest of the cast. And Uncle JBeezY is sad of this.

Then again, its just the beta so she can be made better. I would speed up her normals just a little bit, and have her F21 pop up a bit higher for some combo potential.

If you want combos out of Jade, equip her B21 (I think) the move where she advances swinging the pole. Thats all. Good luck to errrbody mastering her.

Last edited: