What's new

Cheetah Official Matchup Chart

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
His d2 is ok. There are a lot better ones. I wouldn't recommend using his d2 unless you see that they are going to land out in front. j1 seems like the better option.
This. I don't play the matchup often but I found that J1 can stop a lot of her approaches. I also believe that with practice it can be done on reaction. You just have to get the j1 to come out as soon as possible.
Yeah this is what I figured.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
These dudes in practice mode talking about d2ing Cheetah with Adam. I'm schleep
These dudes playing happypow and getting D2'd by Adam.

Its not Aquas, CW or Flashes D2 but it does work if you don't anticipate the jump and don't already have an air2air on the cards. It can even low profile depending on the angle.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Swamp Thing ~ 5-5

Cyborg ~ 4-6

Catwoman ~ 5-5

Flash ~ 5-5

Green lantern ~ 5-5

Harley Quinn ~ 4-6

Batman ~ 3-7

Red Hood ~ 4-6

Superman ~ 4-6

Joker ~ 4-6

Atrocitous ~ 4-6

Gorilla Grodd ~ 6-4

Dead Shot ~ 5-5

Poison Ivy ~ 5-5

Supergirl ~ 5-5

Green Arrow ~ 4-6

Doctor Fate ~ 4-6

Blue Beetle ~ 4-6

Firestorm ~ 5-5

Aquaman ~ 5-5

Black Canary ~ 4-6 (depends on stage)

Darksied ~ 4-6

Wonderwoman ~ 4-6

Black Adam ~ 5-5

Captain Cold ~ 3-7

Robin 5-5

Scarecrow ~ 4-6

Bane ~ 6-4

Braniac ~ ??

Sub Zero ~ 4-6

Starfire ~ 4-6

@Espio

Turtle. He outfootsies her and can keep her out of the air. Just play patient, throw out some lightnings to stop movement, and punish. I don't think divekicking and staying in the air is smart as she can challenge with her pounces and stuff.
Lighting has so much recovery to the point I'm sure that doing a full screen pounce can probably punish it , terrible idea to lightning in a mu like this

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I've fought plenty of Cheetahs and I consider the Fate matchup even so far.

-Both characters are extremely weak on knockdown for the most part
-Fate can sit inside of his orb, call ankhs, check with amon ra blast, and Cheetah can not touch him in this state without trading. If all yellow ankhs land, she can't be in predator stance anymore unless she wants to get launched.
-If Fate has a trait up and at least one ankh, he has a super + on block wakeup that launches and hits twice so MB F3 from Cheetah gets stuffed.
- Fate's J1 will smack her out of the sky every time with j1, sometimes with monster damage.
-Fate outspaces her in footsie range and her d3 does not low profile his F2u3 string.
-Pushblock is always an option.
-He will most likely have the meter advantage during clashes.

Obviously Cheetah has tons of advantages of her own in this matchup but it is not nearly as bad a 7-3.

ApexPredator1509

☕️ ☕️ ☕️
Can someone explain me how to deal with supes as cheetah he can just air dash away all day with lasers or am I doing something wrong here?

MysTiiK_V

"For Mother Nature"
I've fought plenty of Cheetahs and I consider the Fate matchup even so far.

-Both characters are extremely weak on knockdown for the most part
-Fate can sit inside of his orb, call ankhs, check with amon ra blast, and Cheetah can not touch him in this state without trading. If all yellow ankhs land, she can't be in predator stance anymore unless she wants to get launched.
-If Fate has a trait up and at least one ankh, he has a super + on block wakeup that launches and hits twice so MB F3 from Cheetah gets stuffed.
- Fate's J1 will smack her out of the sky every time with j1, sometimes with monster damage.
-Fate outspaces her in footsie range and her d3 does not low profile his F2u3 string.
-Pushblock is always an option.
-He will most likely have the meter advantage during clashes.

Obviously Cheetah has tons of advantages of her own in this matchup but it is not nearly as bad a 7-3.
Agree, dont forget fates ridiculous b2 antiair, one of the best antiairs in the game, possibly the best coming from me, the hitbox is outrageous. I keep playing my friends fate whos pretty good with my cheetah and I swear its 5-5

Zyro

Noob
Yes,some even argue that its 6-4 for cheetah. Look into the harley forums. Cheetah may be zoned by her but once she gets in she can do a huge punish. Were talking about 40 to 60% damage. A bad cupcake or gunshot can lead to a full combo punish.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Yes,some even argue that its 6-4 for cheetah. Look into the harley forums. Cheetah may be zoned by her but once she gets in she can do a huge punish. Were talking about 40 to 60% damage. A bad cupcake or gunshot can lead to a full combo punish.
Stop zoning with specials. Keep her out, mash jump 2, whiff punish bad leaps.

Cheetah cant do much when in the corner against harleys jump 2, her d2 trades most the time and the trade isn't on cheetahs favour.

Zyro

Noob
Stop zoning with specials. Keep her out, mash jump 2, whiff punish bad leaps.

Cheetah cant do much when in the corner against harleys jump 2, her d2 trades most the time and the trade isn't on cheetahs favour.
I dont see what this has to do with my previous statement

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
I dont see what this has to do with my previous statement
It has everything to do with it.

If a Harley is giving cheetah free lunges by using cupcakes and gunshots then they are approaching the match up wrong.

She only needs jump 2 and low shots for space control. Everything else can be a risk.

Zyro

Noob
It has everything to do with it.

If a Harley is giving cheetah free lunges by using cupcakes and gunshots then they are approaching the match up wrong.

She only needs jump 2 and low shots for space control. Everything else can be a risk.
Im talking about the fact that the matchup is actually 5-5,again,list the harley forums

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
He has been wrong on nearly every match-up number since launch.

I've definitely not got everything right, but at least I teach the other player the ins and outs of the match-up first.
tbf, everyone was wrong with their matchup chart on launch. I can only comment on your harley thought, but if you think j2 and b2 are enough then LUL.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
tbf, everyone was wrong with their matchup chart on launch. I can only comment on your harley thought, but if you think j2 and b2 are enough then LUL.
Obviously you aren't going to only use two buttons. But they are are strong options to shutdown Cheetah's already poor neutral.

Cheetahs forces nearly every character to play differently, otherwise she will run over you but if you play the match-up well, its hard to her to find ways in (against a lot of characters) and she ends up needing to take risks to get in; her reward is big damage which is why she can be relevant especially in a best 3/5 setting.

In the end, I see no reason to play Cheetah at the highest level when Hellboy is on select screen.

Zyro

Noob
Obviously you aren't going to only use two buttons. But they are are strong options to shutdown Cheetah's already poor neutral.

Cheetahs forces nearly every character to play differently, otherwise she will run over you but if you play the match-up well, its hard to her to find ways in (against a lot of characters) and she ends up needing to take risks to get in; her reward is big damage which is why she can be relevant especially in a best 3/5 setting.

In the end, I see no reason to play Cheetah at the highest level when Hellboy is on select screen.
But we are talking about harley here. In this matchup its 5-5 or cheetah wins. Other characters are matchups for themselves,but for this one it is actually obvious. Harleys zoning does low damage and cheetah can get a decent 60%. A gunshot is 4%, its clear and obvious that in both cases harley just doesnt win.