What's new

Cheetah grievances

kcd117

Noob
I think they meant it works on a juggle... We have a thread for tick throws, what works and what doesn't on hit or block should be universal knowledge by now. Btw dbf is not a hard input at all, you can get it down 100% of the time with practice.

I feel like this thread should of been for advice instead of pointing out things that she doesn't really need. She's not even decent, she's really really good.

I predict you're going to feel so silly once the game develops and you realize how amazing she is.

The only and I mean ONLY match ups I'd consider not using her for are Batman and Atro.
This isnt true cheetah is going to get worse the more people play against her. Shes got gaps galore and struggles really hard to get any mixups going without gimmicks. Not saying I agree with op but I do agree that she has some big problems.

Also good luck using cheetah against superman.

Osty

Noob
It's only after a launcher that it will connect. On the ground, you want to do 112 and then confirm into either db2 or bf3.
Yes, if that is what they are referring to. I misunderstood the direction they were intending then. I know that it works after launcher and have it stated so. Rip torn has an excellent post on all tick throws cheetah has available.

For me, dbf I can do it with Tekken hands on the pad fairly consistently. Outside of combos I can do it near 100% it's the speed you need to do it combined with when injustice 2 wants you to do the input

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
You back dash/pushblock the f3, or after the d3.

Backing away gives you more time to react to cheetahs approaches and lets you safety to apply counter pressure
You can't backdash it. F3 is +10 on block and D3 comes out in 8 frames which makes it jail, which means you can't do anything other than block or else you will get hit by D3.

bishbash

Magic as easy as 1 2 standing3
You sir are incorrect as the command grabs don't come out on a 112 string due to push block or peeps getting hit with an overhead causing you to whiff you command grab and getting punished in doing so.

112-dbf1 does not whiff when ending a juggle with it. 112-dbf1 might whiff if you're attempting it as a tick grab but I dunno why you'd be using that string to go for a tick. My statement was correct though the special is easy to buffer

bishbash

This isnt true cheetah is going to get worse the more people play against her. Shes got gaps galore and struggles really hard to get any mixups going without gimmicks. Not saying I agree with op but I do agree that she has some big problems.

Also good luck using cheetah against superman.
She might improve by way of other characters getting nerfed through patches in the not too distant future, don't write her off just yet :)

You can't backdash it. F3 is +10 on block and D3 comes out in 8 frames which makes it jail, which means you can't do anything other than block or else you will get hit by D3.
Read my later post. You can push back the f3 or predictably d3 after. You can bd afterwards to escape any mix up. You can also bd the f3, if you're using db and switch to stand guard, you might even accidentally bd it.

Every possible follow up to f3 jail can be blocked low. It's not even a decision you have to think about if you're aware of the situation

bishbash

Read my later post. You can push back the f3 or predictably d3 after. You can bd afterwards to escape any mix up. You can also bd the f3, if you're using db and switch to stand guard, you might even accidentally bd it.

Every possible follow up to f3 jail can be blocked low. It's not even a decision you have to think about if you're aware of the situation

From the right distance you can follow up a f3 on block with d1-db1 which hits overhead provided they block the d1

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord

They aren't gonna always have metwr tu pushblock and what? It's not as simple as that, once they respect it you can go for way more stuff like instant air divebomb, command grabs, B11, 12 1+3, throw... d3 is just the tip of the iceberg.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
@Igniz13 Db1 has the same range as d3, so if d3 will hit, so will db1. After a blocked f3, if they're blocking your d3 followup, start doing db1. If they're blocking low, it will hit for a full combo. If they're walking back then it might whiff but you're totally safe.

Guys, go into training mode and make ai do backdash as a reversal. Even if you're frame perfect after f3, there's a good chance anyone can just backdash after any block to avoid anything you throw out

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Guys, go into training mode and make ai do backdash as a reversal. Even if you're frame perfect after f3, there's a good chance anyone can just backdash after any block to avoid anything you throw out
Sure, and that can be a bit frustrating, but all they're doing is cornering themselves.

People have been just walking backwards since the game came out. It is a very effective way to totally shut down her offense...until they hit the corner. Don't waste time and take risks attacking someone who is behaving that way. Throw out just enough to keep them guess and keep yourself safe, and let them backdash and corner themselves.

It sounds like you're focused on the short game, the small skirmishes, when you need to be focused on the long game, winning the overall match.

They don't have to corner themselves though, you can't advance on them because she has no advancing moves. Once they have space, they can poke back. This f3 bullshit doesn't work.

Granted it's a small piece of a larger puzzle but cheetah doesn't have pieces to quite solve the problem.

Before anyone says anything.

B3 and uf3 work to catch a backdash, both lead to combos though your best bet after uf3 is cancel to mb dive. B12 throw or 12 throw can also catch backdash attempts but not after a f3, both will lead to good oki setups.

Also, after more testing, this game has so many input problems it's impossible to know which one is fucking you over

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
Agree, but there is my TOP 3 cons I can add to first post : gap after jump in +1, useless super with low startup and getting all hits during animation (enjoy deadshot EX riffle), F2,3,1+3 hard to connect and in rare combos. And 1 more : big gap in B1,2 string

Tip for anyone struggling to connect her command grab from 112 during a juggle (ie f3): during your j3 hold forward for just a little after you hit (not enough to show a moving/walking animation) and THEN press 1(let go of F)12 x dbf1 and it will connect. You have plenty of time to input the whole command.

GO TO PRACTICE AND DRILL

I went into practice for about 30 mins and drilled just doing 112 xdbf1, making sure i get the inputs correct 15/15 times in a row (mess up=start over from 1) then switched sides and did it again. After that drilled a full combo (using f3 and b3) including the 112 x dbf1 ender and made myself hit it 5/5 or 10/10 times. Needless to say i can land without a drop at the least 8/10 times in game vs an opponent.

I find that if you just f3 j3 and DONT hold forward for a sec your 112 will completely whiff and your in for a full punish.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yeah, I think people are doing the 112 too early in the combo. You've got a day and a half to let them drop down before you need to his 112, so after the j3 just hold forward. She has no f1 command, so f112 is the same as neutral 112, so don't be afraid to hold forward.

Yeah, I think people are doing the 112 too early in the combo. You've got a day and a half to let them drop down before you need to his 112, so after the j3 just hold forward. She has no f1 command, so f112 is the same as neutral 112, so don't be afraid to hold forward.
Yeah it took me a minute to figure that out lol i was getting triggered cuz i would hit the 112 randomly to complete the combo, once i figured to hold forward i was like wtf, then it dawned on me there is no f1 lol

There's an input bug that means you'll get 11db2 if you try doing dbf too soon in the string. Basically, you need the 2 to actually come out before you start the dbf.

There's an input bug that means you'll get 11db2 if you try doing dbf too soon in the string. Basically, you need the 2 to actually come out before you start the dbf.
Not sure if its a bug but today working on landing it in combo i kept getting that. I think it has to do with the input storage which is terrible. NRS needs to fix that asap the input storage is way too long