What's new

check leaves the kommunity?

CYracks

Command Grabber
I've been here for awhile and this isn't the first time Check has said that he's going to leave. I just hope he's back, making videos when Injustice is released.

Justice

Noob
I think i missed what the mods did so bad. Can you catch me up on that? Im asking legitemately and have no clue lol if i missed something

Anyway I think honestly things will look up. We have some exciting times coming up for mk and inj and we need to sit back and enjoy them rather than fight w each other.
I can't speak for anyone else, but for me it was just a clash in styles. I'm a fair bit closer to a totalitarian-style mod than TYM employs. Why "top players" have issues with the mods I'll never know. So the recent shift in mod attitudes has suited me just fine.

As far as the rest of it goes.......

:coffee:

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
No matter who you are, no matter what you do... you're always going to have people that might not like you or agree with you. It is what it is.
this reminds me of a trailer

no matter what i do

no matter how hard i try

im spiderman

this whole thread is boohoo alert

So what if Check left?If he can't take an obvious joke and leaves the community he apparently cared so much about and dedicated so much time to because of it,then let him be on his fucking way.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
they didnt drop mk because of this thread of threads alike, they dropped it because $$$ reasons and wanted to go in a new direction.

Also evo took MK9 and injustice isnt ready and TTT2 blows in terms of turn out and IPL took the other good fighters w draw. When injustice comes out expect an "addition" to mlg....just saying, trust me
didnt you say mk9 will return to MLG this year...
i Trusted you then :(

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Have only just seen this thread.

In all honesty i think the whole credit thing might be getting out of hand. When i was doing vids for the tekken community, there was no such thing as wanting to take credit and i made vids for the tekken community for more then 10 years. This credit thing is all new to me since i joined the MK community. Ive just learned to live with it, (for the most part).

I do feel Check overreacted with Josh's Sector trap thread, some of the stuff he said wasn't necessary. I think even he could admit that. (i hope)

In all seriousness, i dont want Check to leave, if it wasn't for him, i might not be doing what i do today. I love Check (no homo) and he is an asset to our kommunity.

Check if your reading this, dont leave bro, the kommunity needs you!

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
TonyT pretty much just summed up how I feel posting stuff for the community should be, and the fact that Check has never seemed to see it that way has always been my issue with him. I enjoy Check's videos and respect him for the stuff he finds, but why does he have to actively fish around for that respect, have to be on most threads claiming that he found this first (he may well have, but that's not the point, why take something so trivial as so seriously?) and have to go on and on about how he's contributed to this community for 10 years (very few people care about the 3D MK games, I'm sure the people who did play them seriously respected him for his work on those games at the time, but now I'm pretty sure the rest of us just don't care all that much.)

If you want to find stuff and post it to help people out or just to show something cool, then that's cool, go for it! But if you get butthurt over getting some kind of respect/credit/whatever over every little thing, then just stop doing it. Do it it because you enjoy doing it, not to expect people to hold you up high as some kind of hero in the community. You get respect for doing what you do, not by contantly fishing around for it as if it's your right or something, because that's a sure fire way to lose it imo.

(I'm not saying I want Check to stop posting stuff, as I said I enjoy his videos, but I'm just saying if he takes himself so seriously over some video games, then it'd probably do well for his mental health to just stop).

Flagg

Noob
Don't Tony-T and Check lay claim to just about every piece of new Cyrax tech anyway?

It's literally just a game, christ.
This is the complete reality of it all. When all is said and done, all this drama and crying is over a video game. Yes, we all love this game, but surely are there not other things in life for people to get passionate about?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
didnt you say mk9 will return to MLG this year...
i Trusted you then :(
first off i said it WOULD be at evo

and I said Inj has the best chance w mk9 to start in Aug at mlg or june in orlando/anaheim MLG event

when i say things like this i dont pull em out my ass, I always use credible source(s) not whoever the fuck shanxter thinks is a good source

Pig Of The Hut

Cat lets be ULTRA SERIOUS HERE AS WELL for a sec

I posted on TWITTER like a month ago shin blanka and Big e were getting heat from evo because secretly they were putting together an event that would rival evo (east coast classic) i had about 10 + people say I was full of shit and had no idea what i was talking about.....yet what was announced last week. Also I knew about IPL in nov and was trying to figure if inj would be a part of it but it was never a discussion

Ask EGP Wonder_Chef about that lol

Like i said in post above I definitely know wtf im talking about. Also Im correct in saying you wont main Joker either so your thread is a farce. You might use him like I use ermac or csz

edit: This thread is so on topic lol

Pig Of The Hut

We still need to play one day.

If I can manage to take more than a match from you, I will officially admit that Cyrax is utterly, hopelessly broken.
ill be on tonight

add me or send msg

bambamguitar on ps3
pig of the hut on xbox