What's new

Characters Who Carry Garbage Players and Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyrosis

Gentlemen, behold! My opinion!
Agreed with what a lot of folks have said... just adding a few more random cents...

It goes without saying, but everyone loses sometimes to crap we know we shouldn't lose to. You know it's coming, you know how to beat it... but sometimes it still doesn't work out in your favor. A bad connection, a few unlucky reads, a few whiffed hitboxes, a little distraction or fatigue, and you lose the match.

It's frustrating af, but obviously it's best to accept that this particular match went south, learn what you can from it, and move on. It's not a great mindset to get into if you start saying, "That player was garbage, and I only lost because their character has broken shit that carries." That's creating this idea that certain characters have permanent unfair advantages that your skill can't reasonably overcome. And so it's giving up on the belief that you can to learn to adapt and better control the match next time.

Not at all saying there's no broken, stupid shit out there--of course there is. Just saying we need to believe in our ability to level up and learn to deal with it. If we say it's NRS's fault, they need to fix it and there's nothing we can do, that keeps us stuck in place (and endlessly salty about it).
Tell me how you level up enough to beat a Subzero's unreactable overhead online when the best MK11 player in the world can't.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Getting hit by the overhead leads to getting mixed even more after you get hit by the overhead. Not just Overhead into EX freeze into cash out on a damage combo that knocks down. Saying that it "just" rewards less that 300 damage and that's it is being wholly disingenuous.

You get a low/overhead mix AND a strike/throw mix off of landing the overhead. The low/overhead is a guaranteed guess right or die and that's it you can't react mix up online. It's no where even APPROACHING balanced risk/reward.
Even with that considered I don't see a massive issue with the risk/reward. I could just as easily say the character he is risking a full combo punish from could enforce their offense after knocking him down, not that uncommon. He gets a full combo and maybe some offense if it hits, he eats shit if it is blocked, sounds fine to me. Especially considering DoW's other issues.

Pyrosis

With due respect, I really don't think you understand the mix and how much you get from it if the OH/Low mix becomes unreactable. Which it does online.

Man....cut the shit. Saying a character "carries" is one of the laziest phrases I've seen lately. How this is coming up in a game like MK11 is beyond me. People don't know how to take Ls anymore. EVERYBODY LOSES. Learning from them is what separates good players from bad players. This carry bullshit is just a new phrase that shitty players use so they won't get flamed by saying a character is broken.

Espio

Kokomo
Jade is super good and carries super hard in Kombat League. No cap. She has buttons that are too good ONLINE, sorry yall are in your feelings over it but it's big true. Jade vs Shao is 9-1 online and all she has to do get carried is jump back projectile and check with down 4.
Listen like everyone is entitled to their opinions but you made a thread bitching about characters you are like the bottom of the totem pole on who can mention being in their feelings lol especially posting goonery like this.

Pyrosis

Listen like everyone is entitled to their opinions but you made a thread bitching about characters you are like the bottom of the totem pole on who can mention being in their feelings lol especially posting goonery like this.
Difference being I'm here admitting it. Jade carries.

Pyrosis

Man....cut the shit. Saying a character "carries" is one of the laziest phrases I've seen lately. How this is coming up in a game like MK11 is beyond me. People don't know how to take Ls anymore. EVERYBODY LOSES. Learning from them is what separates good players from bad players. This carry bullshit is just a new phrase that shitty players use so they won't get flamed by saying a character is broken.
Tell me how you learn a match-up good enough to block an unreactable overhead.

Pyrosis

You can flame me if you want I honestly won't care. But yall are in here so hurt cause some bad players scrub is saying the characters yall like got busted shit online. Which they do. And they carry players that wouldn't otherwise win. Big facts.

Pyrosis

Okay so if he isn't broken.....what's the whole point of saying he "carries" players?
I don't care about your broken/not-broken gotcha garbage tbh. I said what I said. Carries bad players online with unreactable overhead idk what else you want from me.

Pyrosis

Someone ate too many razor rangs, shadow kicks and d2s.
Is this like your go to GOTTEM joke format or something. You done posted this same joke like 4 times in a couple threads, bro. We get it You're unoriginal. Carry on.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Is this like your go to GOTTEM joke format or something. You done posted this same joke like 4 times in a couple threads, bro. We get it You're unoriginal. Carry on.
I made this joke ONE time before this and it was to you.
You’re the one who made a thread bitching about low tier characters because they tore your butthole open.
Then you’re using online as an excuse as to why your butthole is open
Then you’re being sonicfox’s personal cum dump to back your claim.

We have a training mode. Instead of coming on here and making yourself look stupid (believe me, you look and sound dumb af), go figure out how to deal with all the things that makes the character “carries”. You may learn a thing or 2

I don't care about your broken/not-broken gotcha garbage tbh. I said what I said. Carries bad players online with unreactable overhead idk what else you want from me.
Lol I don't want shit from you. I'm doing what your doing....stating an opinion. And my opinion is players who think characters inspire "dogshit" play are dogshit players.

Pyrosis

I made this joke ONE time before this and it was to you.
You’re the one who made a thread bitching about low tier characters because they tore your butthole open.
Then you’re using online as an excuse as to why your butthole is open
Then you’re being sonicfox’s personal cum dump to back your claim.

We have a training mode. Instead of coming on here and making yourself look stupid (believe me, you look and sound dumb af), go figure out how to deal with all the things that makes the character “carries”. You may learn a thing or 2
Tell me how you use training mode to react to an unreactable overhead online. All yall "just get good, we the best cause we lab" fools still ain't told me. Tell me your lab scrim where you at least somewhat consistently block the Sub overhead, instead of just guessing right and saying you god tier cause you lab.

You also done said this same tired ass joke like 3-4 times in other threads tho, just idc to go find them. But they're there.

Besides that. Go ahead, Chief. Tell me how you lab that online overhead mix that 100% carries.

Pyrosis

Lol I don't want shit from you. I'm doing what your doing....stating an opinion. And my opinion is players who think characters inspire "dogshit" play are dogshit players.
Go off then, honey. Whatever makes you feel all tingly and self-righteous baby.

xKhaoTik

Tell me how you use training mode to react to an unreactable overhead online. All yall "just get good, we the best cause we lab" fools still ain't told me. Tell me your lab scrim where you at least somewhat consistently block the Sub overhead, instead of just guessing right and saying you god tier cause you lab.

You also done said this same tired ass joke like 3-4 times in other threads tho, just idc to go find them. But they're there.

Besides that. Go ahead, Chief. Tell me how you lab that online overhead mix that 100% carries.
Sub is scrubby. No one is denying that. But you’re making it seem like the mix unavoidable or like there’s nothing you can do about it.

In V1 and V2, his OH is a risk. If you block, you punish. Simple as that. Yea you’re not reacting to it but you’re in here preaching like there absolutely no answer to it

he can make it “safe” in V3 but you can flawless block the amp icicle thing or wtf it’s called. Some characters can even jump out of it on block.
Also, if you get hit by b2 icicle (not amp) and if he goes for a mix, you can jump out. You’ll get clipped, but if he did b2 into icicle again, you can punish it since it’ll whiff.
I bet you didn’t know that tho because you’re too busy complaining instead of figuring out what to do about it.

What other characters are giving you trouble? I have no problem humbling you. I mean you’re already making yourself look stupid so we can continue if you want

Pyrosis

Sub is scrubby. No one is denying that. But you’re making it seem like the mix unavoidable or like there’s nothing you can do about it.

In V1 and V2, his OH is a risk. If you block, you punish. Simple as that. Yea you’re not reacting to it but you’re in here preaching like there absolutely no answer to it

he can make it “safe” in V3 but you can flawless block the amp icicle thing or wtf it’s called. Some characters can even jump out of it on block.
Also, if you get hit by b2 icicle (not amp) and if he goes for a mix, you can jump out. You’ll get clipped, but if he did b2 into icicle again, you can punish it since it’ll whiff.
I bet you didn’t know that tho because you’re too busy complaining instead of figuring out what to do about it.

What other characters are giving you trouble? I have no problem humbling you. I mean you’re already making yourself look stupid so we can continue if you want
You don't understand the point I'm making. I ain't saying that he will hit it 100% of the time and it will 100% guarantee that he will win because of just the overhead. Like Sub is an auto win. I'm saying its a huge advantage for Sub online and it carries... I'm telling you that because that overhead is unreactable online, it will reward bad players and bad play enough that Sub DEF carries online and rewards not actually playing the game and learning the game.

You're all aggro saying I don't stop to lab options when you don't even stop to read my point and understand that you're getting all toasty over something that I'm not even saying.

xKhaoTik

I’m sorry but when I think of a character that carries, I think of Batgirl, Pre patch Tanya, pre patch alien, pre patch Triborg (mainly sektor), MK9 Sonya, etc. There’s no character in this game on that caliber except maybe jacqui and Cetrion.
Scrubby characters sure but to say they carry when characters like the ones mentioned above existed? Na

Status
Not open for further replies.