What's new

Question Changes for MK9 PC. Can we agree on a tournament mod?

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Essentially in my nerfs i'm taking away his easy command grab and his breaker reset. Less fear of command grab will result in getting result less. Like I said I don't want to change the game too much just a few tweaks. If you guys want to take his reset away, that's also fine with me. I was trying to come up with a solution that everyone including the cyrax mains would be happy with.
I just absolutely 100% know that you haven't considered or probably just don't understand how bad fighting Cyrax would be for Smoke under those conditions. I think all the resets are really dumb, but the fact is that Smoke would absolutely not be viable without it and actually is not viable as things currently stand. Even with the Cyrax nerfs you proposed I would assume he would be God Tier with these other nerfs considered.

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
The only way to begin balancing is to decide on an acceptable strength each characters should be at. What I mean by that is to nerf or buff each character until they match the power of a selected character.

For example, we could decide that Liu Kang, Ermac, and Sektor (A tier) are good strength levels for characters to be at. We then nerf and buff everyone else until the selected three are at least comptetively viable or top tier in the new patch.

Otherwise, there will be people who want everyone to be as strong as Kabal, and there will other people who will want everyone to be as strong as Sheeva.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
I just absolutely 100% know that you haven't considered or probably just don't understand how bad fighting Cyrax would be for Smoke under those conditions. I think all the resets are really dumb, but the fact is that Smoke would absolutely not be viable without it and actually is not viable as things currently stand. Even with the Cyrax nerfs you proposed I would assume he would be God Tier with these other nerfs considered.
Ok smoke is not viable? Didn't he just win a major recently? There are other viable characters who have never even won a major.

RiBBz22

Ok smoke is not viable? Didn't he just win a major recently? There are other viable characters who have never even won a major.
GTFO man, lol this has been discussed over and over. Wafflez is a beast with Smoke, but the fact is that he had favorable MU's at the end of the tournament. We have already been through why that win did nothing to change his viability. He loses to Kabal, Sonya, and Kung Lao badly. If you can avoid all of those characters played by high level opponents, then yes he is viable. Unfortunately............these are three of the MOST played tournament characters.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
GTFO man, lol this has been discussed over and over. Wafflez is a beast with Smoke, but the fact is that he had favorable MU's at the end of the tournament. We have already been through why that win did nothing to change his viability. He loses to Kabal, Sonya, and Kung Lao badly. If you can avoid all of those characters played by high level opponents, then yes he is viable. Unfortunately............these are three of the MOST played tournament characters.
Fact is with my proposed changes he wouldn't lose to them badly. So he would be even more viable. Also Cage loses to the two best characters in the game. BADLY. Is he not viable?

RiBBz22

Fact is with my proposed changes he wouldn't lose to them badly. So he would be even more viable. Also Cage loses to the two best characters in the game. BADLY. Is he not viable?
I co-main Cage too and I would much rather play Kabal and Kenshi with Cage over Smoke against Kabal and KL. I would say that Cage is viable just due to how strong his pressure game/chip damage is when you get in.

I get what you're saying though about Kabal etc being easier to fight

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Claude VonStroke - is this just one change per character? I'd say make Scorp's D4 +6 on hit, Idk about +12 since you'd have to respect the shit out of hellfire or a 50/50. I don't think he'd need D3 changed since his D1 made up for it anyway.

Hitboxes should be fixed universally.

Highs whiff on all characters crouching, regardless of whether they are blocking.
Mids hit all characters crouching regardless of whether they are blocking.
Overheads hit all characters crouching
Can we rationally say what's supposed to be mid or not though? Quan Chi makes Jax's F41 whiff but gets hit by tele 3. Considering F41 still hits 20+ characters though I think it's fair to say it's mid but you the get the idea.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
I co-main Cage too and I would much rather play Kabal and Kenshi with Cage over Smoke against Kabal and KL. I would say that Cage is viable just due to how strong his pressure game/chip damage is when you get in.

I get what you're saying though about Kabal etc being easier to fight
Kenshi against Cage? Really?

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Jade should not be left alone. This is without going retarded but she needs her old U3 mid back (or make shadow kick mid)

She also needs her 12 string to link into staff slam to give her a punishing option.

Scalabrine

Not new but whatevs...
Let Shang morph into two more characters like boss Shang. You need to pick two morphs, one if it is a tag match on the select screen. Give him a move that turns him for 5 sec into one character you chose before the match( or the partner of your opponent in a tag match) Ex version turns him into the second character you chose for 8 sec and has armor on start up, just like ladder boss Shang. Soul steal properties remain the same.
In the most respectful way possible i say. That's stupid...

Either he morphs into every one or just one.

Flagg

Noob
Kano doesnt need armour, just make choke hit mid and make horizontal ball a bf motion.

And dont put armour on CSZ slide. Thats what all non-CSZ players say. Just make his teleport good and he is good to go. Maybe armour on icebeam would be good.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
We have to wait to see what is possible to be done once it's released. Frame data/move properties may not be able to be changed without breaking the game. If it is, hopefully bug fixes can happen too.

I think the first thing to address would be safe armor and resets for sure, if something like this happened.

Also, giving armor to some of the chars who don't have any right now like Sindel (cartwheel) and Ermac (TKP) could help buff reasonably buff them.
Metzos

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL WERE NEVER PLAYING MK AGAIN

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Kano doesnt need armour, just make choke hit mid and make horizontal ball a bf motion.

And dont put armour on CSZ slide. Thats what all non-CSZ players say. Just make his teleport good and he is good to go. Maybe armour on icebeam would be good.
so UFG isn't a csz player?

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Can we rationally say what's supposed to be mid or not though? Quan Chi makes Jax's F41 whiff but gets hit by tele 3. Considering F41 still hits 20+ characters though I think it's fair to say it's mid but you the get the idea.
Once hit levels are fixed, they can be applied to moves as seen fit for balancing purposes.

RiBBz22 FrothyOmen don't be too hard on Claude; he did have to play me all the time.

#kappa #imgdlk #ancientsmokemaster #sorrynotsorry

Flagg

Noob
so UFG isn't a csz player?
Ufg has never said put armour on slide, just the opposite. Armour on slide does nothing for him as it just puts the opponent full screen again. He needs a better teleport and I'd be happy with that.

LEGEND

YES!
Stryker:

have his Standing 3 hit overhead

Make his B1 string hit mid and come out at 12 frames so he can now punish things (instead of settling for 11-roll toss)

Grenades could use a fix to make his zoning more legit (though i think the above fixes are good enough). Make the grenade arcs control more space, as they are mid grenade only hits ducking at full screen and High grenades are only good for AAing on a read. He has nothing that can hit someone ducking at mid screen

Pho Cubic

Sérieusement Sabrewulf peut aller en enfer.
Off the top of my head...

Nerf Kabal. No one else should be nerfed.

Scorpions pokes need to be plus on hit.

Jade's u3 needs to be fixed & her EX rangs should trap you on block (if you block it coming, then you should be stuck in blockstun until it comes back).

Mileena roll should have 8 frame start up.

Rain's water bubble & CSZ's ice ball should have the same frame data as Sub Zero's ice ball (they're too slow & too - on block).

Noob's portals need to be faster & his clone projectiles should be less - on block.

Baraka & Stryker need to be fixed, but idk how.

There's other things that should be changed too, but this is what I can think of right now.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Sub zeros slide should be true high crush and go under all projectiles. And 2 should hit mid on everyone. And the ex ground freeze reset should come back. Or his damage should be vanilla or demo damage if no reset.

Scorpion should get advantage of d4 on hit. +3 perhaps and d3 should be 0 on hit. And his ex spear should hit mid on everyone and not go through people when they are in your face. B2 should be faster on start up, 14f

For my mains these are what I suggest to help with balance. Would never happen but it's fun to dream.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Ufg has never said put armour on slide, just the opposite. Armour on slide does nothing for him as it just puts the opponent full screen again. He needs a better teleport and I'd be happy with that.
he has supported armour on slide

aj1701

Noob
Man... I think this thread shows why we should just accept the game as it is shipped. Plus how will people know that someone didn't put a way to cheat with the other changes?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
SZ buffs

S2 hits mid on everyone

all 2xx strings to clone being -15 on cancel

slide going under most projectiles/through

decide where to throw them after ex slide

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
If you nerf kabal and kenshi than the Kung Laos will dominate the world. The game must always have a #1. It'll always be something to nerf with this community lol. At least we are used to kabal being top!!! :p

Nerf kabal so his f4 only hits a standing reset if done right at the ground. Make saw blade more easily punished. Gotta keep the EX NDC though.

Make millena ex tele safe (jail standing). Make jade glow better and her strings safer. Give more low tier characters armor