What's new

Question Changes for MK9 PC. Can we agree on a tournament mod?

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
If there truly is no more patches coming for MK9 (still holding out hope) then It would be awesome to try and agree on one Mod for the PC version that could be used in future tournaments. I feel like the changes I am proposing would make a more balanced game and more competitive game in tournaments.

Kabal:
Remove option to cancel EX dash. He still gets the armor but no more flash parry.

Kenshi:
Make shoulder charge punishable on Block like Ermacs push. EX one remains the same frame advantage.

Sonya:
EX cartwheel is punishable on block like Cage's nutpunch.

Reptile:
His EX dash is no longer interruptable.

Cyrax:
More frames on startup for command grab. Remove Breaker Combo.

Smoke:
Remove reset.

Cage:
Remove random advantage if possible.

Kano:
Armor on EX choke grab

Honestly if these changes were made a lot of lower tier characters could compete with the new high tier. You would still have High and low tier and winning and losing matchups. But the game would be much more interesting in my opinion. You wouldn't even have to really buff the low tiers if the top tiers were nerfed slightly like this. Again, this a starting point with minimal changes. I don't feel like the game needs a lot of changes.

If this thread gets a lot of responses maybe in the future we could make a poll on which changes the community wants, once all the ideas are out in the open.

JacopeX

Playing: Injustice, Persona, Blazblue, and MK
I disagree with nerfing high tiers. What we should really focus on is buffing the low tiers to help them stand a chance against top tier characters.

Something every game developer fail to understand when it comes to balancing a game.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
We have to wait to see what is possible to be done once it's released. Frame data/move properties may not be able to be changed without breaking the game. If it is, hopefully bug fixes can happen too.

I think the first thing to address would be safe armor and resets for sure, if something like this happened.

Also, giving armor to some of the chars who don't have any right now like Sindel (cartwheel) and Ermac (TKP) could help buff reasonably buff them.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Anything related to patch skarlet ask me, Ninj and RedRaptor10.

The character is nearly on point of balance, so tweaking too much will make her broken or shitty, so if its possible to balance a mod, just let us know, we will adress what are the issues

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Anything related to patch skarlet ask me, Ninj and RedRaptor10.

The character is nearly on point of balance, so tweaking too much will make her broken or shitty, so if its possible to balance a mod, just let us know, we will adress what are the issues
I don't think she should be touched. Any characters I didn't mention i personally feel should be left alone.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Also I'm not in favor of buffing the low tiers too much because the last thing I want to create is another injustice. Just a few small changes to the top tiers and the low tiers will have a better time competing.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Asking the community to come together and agree on a cohesive set of game changes to MK9 is asking for a massive firefight with many tears.. It'd be interesting to see it happen; but bring your flak jacket and sandbags :)

But in general, with no API or development tools, it seems like mods to this game would be sketchy at best and probably introduce their own bugs.

Kind of like what happened when they changed some things in the Vita version and it broke other characters.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I don't think she should be touched. Any characters I didn't mention i personally feel should be left alone.
she only need essentially two things:
1. A Legit AA
2. a few more damage on daggers.

I would say her teleport as well, that shit is so slow, so unsafe that we can't even use it as the way it is right now, and sometimes on some MU it a tool she need, but she can't use it, it will only make the MU worse

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Make a 1-3 frame gap between cyraxs reset(so we can armor out)
In addition
Give everyone on armored move that has armor on start up.

And change jades flash properties...

Matix218

Get over here!
Noob: Make shadow projectiles less disadvantage (or maybe even neutral) on hit. Armor on EX upknee

Sub Zero: Give him the EX ground freeze reset back ^_^

Smoke: Remove reset (painful for me to say as a smoke main but despite my opinion that he needs it, it was clearly not intended to be in the game).

Cyrax: Limit cyrax's multiple resets so that he can only net around 60% damage in one combo (I think that is easily fair since no other character does that much). More start-up on command grab. (HE WILL STILL BE NASTY GOOD EVEN WITH THESE CHANGES!)

Kabal: a few frames more recovery on iagb, no ndc on ex dash.

Scorpion: Make d4 not be disadvantage on hit

Cage: Remove random advantage

Kenshi: Kill him off j/k, i guess make shoulder charge punishable (non EX) like the OP said

Kano: Give him back his old knives from that one patch where they were actually useful

Sonya: slow down her projectile speed and or recovery (making her not be so good at both rush down and also be able to outzone several zoning based characters...)

Ermac: Make EX teleport safe like scorpions, possibly one armor move (ex forcepush?)

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
IMO, you need to get a small group of highly knowledgeable players together who can set aside their bias for or against any character and have them build a set of changes. Put this into a mod and get enough community backing to play only that mod in order to test it. If all of the well known players are playing it, it will become popular on its own.

A community wide effort will never work. Too much ego and too much random.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Matix218

Get over here!
I just want to say that in my opinion this game was literally 1 patch away from being perfect.

If they could have just removed a few glitches (meter drain, random adv, p1 adv, input bug) and also made a few minor balance changes this game would have been so freaking awesome.

That being said, still my favorite game ever and still prefer it over Injustice (and i like Injustice)

Let Shang morph into two more characters like boss Shang. You need to pick two morphs, one if it is a tag match on the select screen. Give him a move that turns him for 5 sec into one character you chose before the match( or the partner of your opponent in a tag match) Ex version turns him into the second character you chose for 8 sec and has armor on start up, just like ladder boss Shang. Soul steal properties remain the same.