What's new

Question Changes for MK9 PC. Can we agree on a tournament mod?

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Fundamentally smoke is better character than cyrax. It's basically his resets and command grab that make him ridiculous. Make the command grab more techable and take away his breaker combo and he can keep the damage. It makes him what he is basically imo. Smoke has superior footsies, very good damage and cannot be zoned. He doesn't need the resets to be top. In fact looking at final round footage, wafflez won and barely hit the resets at all.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
I just want to say that in my opinion this game was literally 1 patch away from being perfect.

If they could have just removed a few glitches (meter drain, random adv, p1 adv, input bug) and also made a few minor balance changes this game would have been so freaking awesome.

That being said, still my favorite game ever and still prefer it over Injustice (and i like Injustice)
I completely agree that's why I feel like I am proposing small but reasonable changes. Hardly any buffing at all. Too much buffing and you have injustice...

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Fundamentally smoke is better character than cyrax. It's basically his resets and command grab that make him ridiculous. Make the command grab more techable and take away his breaker combo and he can keep the damage. It makes him what he is basically imo. Smoke has superior footsies, very good damage and cannot be zoned. He doesn't need the resets to be top. In fact looking at final round footage, wafflez won and barely hit the resets at all.
Dude everyone is losing their fucking minds. You post this while simultaneously AJ is texting me about how Scorpion isn't good.

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON

Matix218

Get over here!
I think if you are going to ditch smokes reset you have to ditch cyrax's multiple resets. Like i said in my post, limit him to around 60% which is still absurd, but at least its not 85-100. If you want a game with no smoke reset but full cyrax resets buy PS Vita MK9 lol

webreg

Noob
The game won't support official mods so it will need to be hacked and depending on how it is programmed and maybe even protected the possibilities vary. It is highly unlikely that anyone will be able to hack the game in a way to make the changes work in online matches. On the other hand we might get lucky and the patching system NRS put into MK9 could be available to exploit. Through this system it would be easy to change frame data, animation speed, move links, gravity properties and everything else needed for basic balance changes.

What I want to say is simple. The modding needs to fit the possibilities. Don't waste too much time on dreaming up elaborate changes. Wait until the game is here and then wait some more for people to figure out what is even possible. But I think that's not the main concern here anyway. The port could simply suck and be so bad that no one would ever bothers with it at all. I would also assume that the PC version will not be identical to the latest console version. It might very well come with new fixes and patch changes not available on the consoles. Maybe they even change the controls of the special moves in order to make it more PC friendly. There are just so many possibilities and investing energy in dreaming up balance changes preemptively might not be the best use of your time. Unless you are aware of this and really want to "dream". Then more power to you and "dream on". :)

Glass Sword

Nobody
There should not be any guaranteed resets. If there is they must be very costly to get good damage. It is only fair for Cyrax to lose his reset if Smoke loses his. He still has his 50%+ bnbs. Jax's reset should go the route of the psp game.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
am I the only one who just wants to remove Kabal's block infinite and keep the rest the same?

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Yes. NRS could see allowing mods as admitting they were wrong about what is balanced and nobody wants to admit they are wrong.
I'm not even talking about that. The PC version might have online capabilities, meaning only copies that pass a parity test can connect with each other. Not only that, but webreg covered the issue of the game's code protective measures.

Everyone here is discussing these changes as if all you had to do is open a menu with a huge list of switches to turn on and off at will.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
you guys keep talking about modding the PC version, but will it not be bad to have a different version on PC than those on PS or xbox?
Personally I dont own a PS3 but I am planning on buying a PS3-like controller for my PC just so that I can play against my friends who own PS3s without worrying much about moving from keyboards (which I prefer) to controllers

Everything about this is so wrong I want to shake you through my computer screen. Please tell me I'm getting mad over a troll, because the intentional logical fallacies in this post are unbearable.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Everything about this is so wrong I want to shake you through my computer screen. Please tell me I'm getting mad over a troll, because the intentional logical fallacies in this post are unbearable.
Dude c'mon man. Smoke is a very good character. HE has amazing tools. He doesn't need the reset to be a good character, especially if the top tiers are getting nerfed.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Dude c'mon man. Smoke is a very good character. HE has amazing tools. He doesn't need the reset to be a good character, especially if the top tiers are getting nerfed.
and no one wants to watch themselves get TOD by Cyrax and his exNet death combo's

Cyrax is a helluva good character without all that damage.

If he has, like, 2-4 more + frames on a d4 hit I will agree with you. As it stands... No. He just doesn't have the offense he needs to make his run away game viable enough. He's so close to being good, but as he stands he is not.

Also lol at wafflez not hitting many resets... which tournament are you watching? The major he won, I only saw him drop 2 the entire time......

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
If he has, like, 2-4 more + frames on a d4 hit I will agree with you. As it stands... No. He just doesn't have the offense he needs to make his run away game viable enough. He's so close to being good, but as he stands he is not.

Also lol at wafflez not hitting many resets... which tournament are you watching? The major he won, I only saw him drop 2 the entire time......
Final Round, He was dropping a lot. Whats the problem with his d4 on hit now?

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY INSANE. I honestly don't think you understand how good Cyrax is fundamentally...Man, the game has been out for over two years and people still can not see past this character's damage to see that he is really good even without resets.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY INSANE. I honestly don't think you understand how good Cyrax is fundamentally...Man, the game has been out for over two years and people still can not see past this character's damage to see that he is really good even without resets.
Essentially in my nerfs i'm taking away his easy command grab and his breaker reset. Less fear of command grab will result in getting reset less. Like I said I don't want to change the game too much just a few tweaks. If you guys want to take his reset away, that's also fine with me. I was trying to come up with a solution that everyone including the cyrax mains would be happy with.