What's new

Casuals flip-flopping: MK11 gameplay now "feels slow and limited"

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator

This video is interesting, he says that NRS made them variations and told them that there will be 'final' variations for the characters but that is still not ready. So I'm guessing those final variations will be used in tournaments.

Corruption100

Plus Frame Enjoyer

This video is interesting, he says that NRS made them variations and told them that there will be 'final' variations for the characters but that is still not ready. So I'm guessing those final variations will be used in tournaments.
Havent they been saying that since reveal though? They must be having a tough time balancing things out

Kratilim

Noob
I still hope they go for custom variations tbh. Much more interesting match-ups during tournaments. And it doesn't have to take ages to set up the moves.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I'm ok with just about everything in MK11 right now except for the super short combos. Combos have always been my favorite aspect of every fighter that I love (MK and Tekken, namely).

I know people complain about the Cyrax and Kitana combos from MKX, but I love them. They're ridiculous and crazy and just super fun to do.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Havent they been saying that since reveal though? They must be having a tough time balancing things out
In most situations, I would be scared about this fact, but I trust NRS. I mean, if they see they need to add more comboability they'll do it. I think I'll wait until I've played the beta to really think about this stuff.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
it's weird how some people complain about the juggling in mkx. sure it was 50/50 rushdown fest which i personally like at least the rushdown part but the juggling was honestly not that bad. some of you act like you were playing marvel 3 or something
You ever faced a Cyrax player?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
it's weird how some people complain about the juggling in mkx. sure it was 50/50 rushdown fest which i personally like at least the rushdown part but the juggling was honestly not that bad. some of you act like you were playing marvel 3 or something
Honestly, the one thing they got rid of that I wish they hadn't is the NJP bounce. At least in mid-combo, anyway. Although I will not at miss the Kung Jins of the world taking up half the goddamn screen with theirs.

Gamer68

Fujin!
I'm not understanding why everyone is hating on max? He is one of the creators of Killer Instinct and plays tons of fighters maybe not at a high professional level but he's decent.
Seen him play some decent Tekken 7.

Max didn't flip-flop
As for the whole flip-flopping, what was said above was completely taken out of context. He has had issues with the game from first reveal. He hasn't changed his stance.
He didn't upload the NRS employee leak because that hit home for him and he felt like it was fucked up. After the leak he got invited to NRS and he paid his way there and after getting access to multiple unseen fighters he didn't even upload them on his channel he gave the footage to a friend/competitor.

Max on combos:
Him saying "the mime parry didn't launch for a cost of a bar" is not really that bad considering he was seeing Johnny didn't have hardly any juggling capabilities. It wasn't that special alone that made him say mime parry was lackluster it was more the lack of Johnny's comboability.
Now we all know Johnny can do combos but nothing like 14-25 hits.

He isn't lieing for WB and if one simply looked at his videos they would see he has said there is problems he would like addressed. If he was this shill he was painted out to be above he would be saying how great everything in the game is.

I'm also on the hype train for MK11 as well. The characters, Meter system, flawless block, neutral based gameplay, toned down 50/50's, counter hits, crushing blows, customization of specials and appearance all looks unbelievably awesome.
But it is early access build and everyone should expect the game to have is faults. You can't make an awesome game like this perfect before release. It will take betas, online tests, patches and huge updates and many trials and errors to get things where we want them.
I wasn't trying to hate on Max with my comment, the one I posted before was actually trying to defend him. I watch Max, so I'm aware of what he does and has done in the past.

My point is that he simply doesn't like games like MK11, and you can't really expect him to considering his fighting game philosophy. The Ninja Mime counter complaints is just one of MANY complaints Max has made, by the way. He won't flat out say that he doesn't like the game, but he will complain about almost every aspect of the game.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Max is a click whore. He literally makes a living trying to get people to click his crap. He is a complete a hole in real life. Definition of douche bag.
Well-said. He is also a scrub. Unfortunately, he is the most popular fighting game scrub on the Internet who has a long list of following scrubs to whom he spreads his ignorance on YouTube.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Well-said. He is also a scrub. Unfortunately, he is the most popular fighting game scrub on the Internet who has a long list of following scrubs to whom he spreads his ignorance on YouTube.
I used to like him, I found him funny, but his last few videos have irritated me to the point of no return. He says he's not shilling for NRS about the leaks and then in the same sentence, he says that he got to tour their offices to try out this recent build of the game.

Yikes.

Corruption100

Plus Frame Enjoyer
I used to like him, I found him funny, but his last few videos have irritated me to the point of no return. He says he's not shilling for NRS about the leaks and then in the same sentence, he says that he got to tour their offices to try out this recent build of the game.

Yikes.
What was funnier was he did the leak video and tyler immediately tweeted it lmao. Then he made like a 20 min video to clarify he wasnt paid by nrs and proceeds to talk about touring and playing the game. If u arent a shill why do u need to make a second video to prove it? Could have just said fuck off in a tweet and be done with it

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Its cause max is a shill and look forward to Samurai Shodown, Marvel 4, and other leak videos in the future. They only won't happen if they directly conflict with his paid flights and paid vacation to the companies headquarters to capture footage for them so he can "react" to everything.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
What was funnier was he did the leak video and tyler immediately tweeted it lmao. Then he made like a 20 min video to clarify he wasnt paid by nrs and proceeds to talk about touring and playing the game. If u arent a shill why do u need to make a second video to prove it? Could have just said fuck off in a tweet and be done with it
Yup, Tyler literally saying 'job well done'. That was hilarious to see how bad these people are at lying. At least be straightforward and say you can't comment because you are sponsored by them that's what I would do.

Its cause max is a shill and look forward to Samurai Shodown, Marvel 4, and other leak videos in the future. They only won't happen if they directly conflict with his paid flights and paid vacation to the companies headquarters to capture footage for them so he can "react" to everything.
True that. They are trying to make us feel bad for enjoying leaks, while they speak from a place of privilege.

Saying Max created Killer Instinct is gross. Yeah he had some involvement in writing the story mode but that's not the same as creating the game.

Of course Max is going to be down on this, you can't get much excitement and "DOOD so Hype! Big Stylish Sexy Combo!" $rom it to put in your many many videos. Max is all about energy, style and flash. He's mostly in it for trailers speculation and first month content (I much prefer K&M content, but the rest of you probably watch someone else for MK coverage/content)

But it's his opinion, no reason to get upset about it, just wait for him to lose interest with MK (Like He did with SC6 after Siegfried got some nerfs) after release to move to cover SamSho.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
I created killer instinct and rare stole fulgore and spinal from my dreams in a bad night I prefer not to talk about

Nulak

http://www.youtube.com/user/Nulak
It will take betas, online tests, patches and huge updates and many trials and errors to get things where we want them.
It shouldn't.
Or delay it. I'm sick of "half product" / "customer will QA the product for free / pay to QA it" era.

About Combos, well, they must address concern about it, people like big combos, high dmg number and so on. It been like that for a long time now and won't change at all. Fancy stuff are fancy you know.

7 hits combos max won't do. Not at all.

Last edited:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
hahah those stupid casuals why are they even playing this game lmao they don't even post on TYM like me they aren't competitive they aint shit lmao :cool:
You say that sarcastically like there aren’t plenty of casuals on TYM. And that’s fine, fighting games aren’t just for online warriors and tourney players.

But a lot of casual complaints are entirely one dimensional and short-sighted. Not all, but a lot.