What's new

Casuals flip-flopping: MK11 gameplay now "feels slow and limited"

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Now we all know Johnny can do combos but nothing like 14-25 hits.
Only part of your post I disagree with.

First of all, we already know that multiple characters DO have 14 hit combos, not counting fatal blow. You can see several in the K&M breakdowns.

Second, we've seen from K&M, and we even heard from Max earlier today, that a lot of the game's longer combos are locked behind Crushing Blows, which we know next to nothing about so far. Max mentioned that when he was over at WB recently, he asked about long combos, and he was explicitly told that they're tied to CBs.

So yeah, no reason ATM to believe that Johnny does not have any 14 hit combos, pre-fatal. He totally could. Everything else you said is top dollar.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
it's weird how some people complain about the juggling in mkx. sure it was 50/50 rushdown fest which i personally like at least the rushdown part but the juggling was honestly not that bad. some of you act like you were playing marvel 3 or something
Yeah I don't understand it at most it was a slight annoyance to be juggled for 40 seconds by someone like Kitana. If it was the damage that can be fixed by scaling.
If it was the time in air that can be fixed by adding fixed gravity system(player drops down fast after so many hits in air).

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Only part of your post I disagree with.

First of all, we already know that multiple characters DO have 14 hit combos, not counting fatal blow. You can see several in the K&M breakdowns.

Second, we've seen from K&M, and we even heard from Max earlier today, that a lot of the game's longer combos are locked behind Crushing Blows, which we know next to nothing about so far. Max mentioned that when he was over at WB recently, he asked about long combos, and he was explicitly told that they're tied to CBs.

So yeah, no reason ATM to believe that Johnny does not have any 14 hit combos, pre-fatal. He totally could. Everything else you said is top dollar.
That is completely true and I'm a firm believer that we should hold off on change until we get a month into the game after release before changing game mechanics.

So I'll be one of those who labs it up for weeks after release until I find optimal BnBs midscreen W/O Fatal. I'm aiming to crack 50% without Fatal mid or corner...

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
Everybody who knows Max knows that he just likes games that makes the entire screen explode if you smash a bunch of buttons.

The funniest thing is that many sheeps take all his words for gospel since they think he is a MK expert (wtf dude literally didnt care for it until MKX).

Its good that the game has a more slow approach and that NRS does not feel the need to cater to the audience that started with MKX.

Last edited:
Everybody who knows Max knows that he just likes games that makes the entire screen explode if you smash a bunch of buttons.

The funniest thing is that many casuals take all his words for gospel since they think he is a MK expert (wtf dude literally didnt care for it until MKX).

Its good that the game has a more slow approach and that NRS does not feel the need to cater to the audience that started with MKX.
absolutely. mkx never felt like the mk i like to me, mk 11 does all over again.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
Will people stop speaking for casuals like they're all hardcore and stuff? Great thx.
You are right casuals was the wrong word. Sheeps a more suiting word since they cant think for themselves.

Then they're just stupid. Max has been pretty transparent about how he feels about Mortal Kombat and has never claimed to be an authority on the franchise at all.
This is true. He never claimed that and openly let Steve and Kenny show what MK even was.

But since Max is good at fighting games and the biggest channel in that regard he is seen by many as the end all be all.

Just looking at the comments sometimes its funny how people say that they are bummed and feel iffy about the game since Max doesnt scream HYPE when he talks about MK11.

Last edited:
Yeah I don't understand it at most it was a slight annoyance to be juggled for 40 seconds by someone like Kitana. If it was the damage that can be fixed by scaling.
If it was the time in air that can be fixed by adding fixed gravity system(player drops down fast after so many hits in air).
not even an annoyance. if i got hit i deserve to be juggled. didn't last that long unless you played a select few of characters

I'm not understanding why everyone is hating on max? He is one of the creators of Killer Instinct and plays tons of fighters maybe not at a high professional level but he's decent.
Seen him play some decent Tekken 7.

Max didn't flip-flop
As for the whole flip-flopping, what was said above was completely taken out of context. He has had issues with the game from first reveal. He hasn't changed his stance.
He didn't upload the NRS employee leak because that hit home for him and he felt like it was fucked up. After the leak he got invited to NRS and he paid his way there and after getting access to multiple unseen fighters he didn't even upload them on his channel he gave the footage to a friend/competitor.

Max on combos:
Him saying "the mime parry didn't launch for a cost of a bar" is not really that bad considering he was seeing Johnny didn't have hardly any juggling capabilities. It wasn't that special alone that made him say mime parry was lackluster it was more the lack of Johnny's comboability.
Now we all know Johnny can do combos but nothing like 14-25 hits.

He isn't lieing for WB and if one simply looked at his videos they would see he has said there is problems he would like addressed. If he was this shill he was painted out to be above he would be saying how great everything in the game is.

I'm also on the hype train for MK11 as well. The characters, Meter system, flawless block, neutral based gameplay, toned down 50/50's, counter hits, crushing blows, customization of specials and appearance all looks unbelievably awesome.
But it is early access build and everyone should expect the game to have is faults. You can't make an awesome game like this perfect before release. It will take betas, online tests, patches and huge updates and many trials and errors to get things where we want them.
creators? he helped make trailors and did some narration.

Ex mime gives a combo, though, if you amplify on hit. So if he said that he is not only being lame but also misinformed.

P.D. I wouldn't call MK11 honest so soon lol.
does it really? i guess he wanted it to be super obvious then. he has a bad habit of being misinformed though.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Im surprised hes still calling it slow. Seems like they up movement speed and dashes everytime theres a new kast
If it merely "seems like" they sped up movement, then it's probably not enough for a discernible difference (either way, to be fair). Even if universal movement is sped up, that could still mean it's still relatively slow compared to a lot of other fighting games.

Granted, I think people are putting too much attention towards the 'slow' part and not enough the 'limited' part. Max did say the build he played lacked Kabal and Jade in that video didn't he? Maybe he'll be more content once he's able to play characters that are a bit more flexible in terms of movement and/or combos.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
This is worse than OAG's trash articles.

They're not going to show every single combo that you can do with every character in the kombat kasts, they just want to show in general their new move sets. And those who are still crying about this AFTER seeing Tyler's Kano combo are scrubs.

Temp

Salmon. Otters. The Bringer.
I lost respect for him after he shilled for the absolute garbage that was Marvel Infinite.
I know people hate the roster, but from a gameplay standpoint, it was the best Marvel game, and I was super sad to see it die.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
I also thought it looked to slow at the reveal
but it does seem they’ve sped it up since. That, combined with the various unique mobility tools that characters have, eliminates the initially perceived problem imo

My before gameplay opinion is this. Playing a game that isn’t atleast MK9 speed is what I’d consider too slow. When it comes to modern MK games, no game should be slower than 9’s. MK9 was a decent enough balance of speed. I just want a slightly faster dash and this game looks alright enough for me to play for long periods of time and then I can make my final verdict. Not letting the slowness completely kill my hype just yet. There’s still too much to be excited about before I get to that point.