What's new

Cassie Cage MU Discussion (MK11)

I feel like the Kabal MU isn't too bad imo. She can kneecap under his standard projectile and just jump over his lows Granted he doesn't Amp them. Even then, he loses meter. I personally think Cassie can do a good job Spacing him out, especially when she has the health lead.
kabal vs. cassie is a 5/5, Cassie can punish buzzsaw in the air with the nut kick of reversal but needs to be a little close, and she can give low profile buzzsaw on the floor

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
bad to cassie
Cetrion
jade
sub zero (d1 6 Frames)
erron black (d1 6 Frames)
Scorpion (5/5 but needs to play in second variation)
Agreed. I always get moped by Eldergrin's Cetrion, and Espio's Jade made me look like a total chump. I still don't understand how to go about the Jade MU, I really need to work on that.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Agreed. I always get moped by Eldergrin's Cetrion, and Espio's Jade made me look like a total chump. I still don't understand how to go about the Jade MU, I really need to work on that.
Pretty sure cassie just straight up looses to jade, characters that can shut down her zoning are doing well against her in general (scorpion)

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Pretty sure cassie just straight up looses to jade, characters that can shut down her zoning are doing well against her in general (scorpion)
Yeah, tho I find Scorpion 100x easier to play against if you can read his 50/50s and expect his teleprort, you'll be fine. Jade just stops your from doing combos and punishing with F4 and that's a big issue for Cass.

What have people been using for punishing Kano’s AMP air ball (-10)? I’ve been trying to look for the optimal but so far flawless block first hit into U2 only gets like 130 with a DB1 follow up. I’ve neutral ducked the second hit and followed with 21D2 for advantage but I can’t figure anything else out yet.

GLB Phantom Fiction

Ravenous - Catwoman- Cassie
What have people been using for punishing Kano’s AMP air ball (-10)? I’ve been trying to look for the optimal but so far flawless block first hit into U2 only gets like 130 with a DB1 follow up. I’ve neutral ducked the second hit and followed with 21D2 for advantage but I can’t figure anything else out yet.
I just duck the second hit and you get a b24 or f41 punish. I don’t see Kano at all, but you may get a dash cancel 111 punish too as I remember it having a ton of whiff recovery.

Methysan

Noob
I'm struggling with Jade as well. I think it's safe to say low gun is Cassie's best tool overall and it's near useless in this match up. Other things I struggle with are:

1. Even when I jump over slow footsie buttons from Jade, they seem to incidentally anti-air me on the way. Same if I jump to air to air her and she's doing air glaive.

2. If I avoid the first hit of her string, everything I try to press gets beat by her next hit.

3. I give up neutral trying to not get hit by random shadow kicks, and in turn get hit by more projectiles or mids.

4. Her amped up glaive beats Cassie's fatal blow entirely. I didn't die, so why does my armor break? Does Cassie only have 1 hit of armor on hers while other characters have more?

Some things I've learned:

1. If you watch the match timer and count down, you can sneak in some gunshots as her glow runs out.

2. There's no hitbox on the start up of her straight glaive it seems. Even though it spins all around her.

3. Her D4 is insane. Just get out of the way.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
I'm struggling with Jade as well. I think it's safe to say low gun is Cassie's best tool overall and it's near useless in this match up. Other things I struggle with are:

1. Even when I jump over slow footsie buttons from Jade, they seem to incidentally anti-air me on the way. Same if I jump to air to air her and she's doing air glaive.

2. If I avoid the first hit of her string, everything I try to press gets beat by her next hit.

3. I give up neutral trying to not get hit by random shadow kicks, and in turn get hit by more projectiles or mids.

4. Her amped up glaive beats Cassie's fatal blow entirely. I didn't die, so why does my armor break? Does Cassie only have 1 hit of armor on hers while other characters have more?

Some things I've learned:

1. If you watch the match timer and count down, you can sneak in some gunshots as her glow runs out.

2. There's no hitbox on the start up of her straight glaive it seems. Even though it spins all around her.

3. Her D4 is insane. Just get out of the way.
@Vslayer

I had a feeling this was going to be a really bad MU, especially after we were labbing some stuff. Now more cassie's are starting to see it.

GLB Phantom Fiction

Does anyone have any advice for the erron black mu? What should I looking to punish, and with what?
This MU is hard, but most Erron players that I have played don’t know MU’s and just setplay all the time though. I have practiced it a lot though.

Cassie can OS ball buster on his f32 string and he can’t cancel, stagger, or do anything if he uses f3. The lock and loaded stance is unsafe, so if they cancel strings into it up close, you can interrupt or just punish all the options if you react late.

I always challenge scud shot cancels with f4 if we are close or f2 if they are further, at worst you eat the Amp shot of scud shot or a d4, practice the timing because blockstun makes it seem safer than it is.

Don’t be afraid to zone, you can stand outside of his acid puddle and force him to only use scud shot, but most will eventually approach. If you get them to Scud Shot too close, you can sometimes catch them with a F2 or B3.

They capitalize on people trying to get out the acid, but taking some DoT is better than the combo, d2, or dropkick you’ll take for jumping out of it. I just walk back out of it or sit or use a projectile in it if I have a life lead.

You can reversal punish Amp Dropkick with ball buster. If they use dropkick a lot, I jump back when they dash forward, it avoids dropkick and slide while letting you punish both. This is only if they are a yolo player though.

Overall nearly every match will go to time if they are patient. Like most setplay characters, I just look for their pattern and try to learn when to approach and when to zone. If they are really good, it is a hard MU, so good luck.

This MU is hard, but most Erron players that I have played don’t know MU’s and just setplay all the time though. I have practiced it a lot though.

Cassie can OS ball buster on his f32 string and he can’t cancel, stagger, or do anything if he uses f3. The lock and loaded stance is unsafe, so if they cancel strings into it up close, you can interrupt or just punish all the options if you react late.

I always challenge scud shot cancels with f4 if we are close or f2 if they are further, at worst you eat the Amp shot of scud shot or a d4, practice the timing because blockstun makes it seem safer than it is.

Don’t be afraid to zone, you can stand outside of his acid puddle and force him to only use scud shot, but most will eventually approach. If you get them to Scud Shot too close, you can sometimes catch them with a F2 or B3.

They capitalize on people trying to get out the acid, but taking some DoT is better than the combo, d2, or dropkick you’ll take for jumping out of it. I just walk back out of it or sit or use a projectile in it if I have a life lead.

You can reversal punish Amp Dropkick with ball buster. If they use dropkick a lot, I jump back when they dash forward, it avoids dropkick and slide while letting you punish both. This is only if they are a yolo player though.

Overall nearly every match will go to time if they are patient. Like most setplay characters, I just look for their pattern and try to learn when to approach and when to zone. If they are really good, it is a hard MU, so good luck.
Thanks! This seems like great advice, I'll try to lab some of this tonight.

Methysan

Noob
Some things that can help with the Jade MU that I'll be practicing.

1. Flawless blocking and punishing her slow as crap overhead. Don't let her get away with this ever.

2. Her low projectile is really slow start up so you can probably fuzzy guard her "50/50" up close, right? I need to look into her strings a bit more for this.

3. Here's Tom's advice on dealing with Scorpion's teleport amp yes/no mixup. I believe the same logic would apply to Jade's shadow kick. If you're going to give up neutral to predict this move, you better have your punish ready 100% of the time.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Some things that can help with the Jade MU that I'll be practicing.

1. Flawless blocking and punishing her slow as crap overhead. Don't let her get away with this ever.

2. Her low projectile is really slow start up so you can probably fuzzy guard her "50/50" up close, right? I need to look into her strings a bit more for this.

3. Here's Tom's advice on dealing with Scorpion's teleport amp yes/no mixup. I believe the same logic would apply to Jade's shadow kick. If you're going to give up neutral to predict this move, you better have your punish ready 100% of the time.

Her nitro kick can also be neutral ducked and punished. The problem that Cassie has is getting in and once she has her glow on, you ain't getting any combo.

Methysan

Noob
Her nitro kick can also be neutral ducked and punished. The problem that Cassie has is getting in and once she has her glow on, you ain't getting any combo.

She loses glow once she gets hit right? So that rules out B1 as a starter but other than that, you should be able to combo her normally.

As for the kick, when I do duck it and go for the punish I always get hit by the amp. That's why I suggested practicing the punish timing the same way Tom's video shows.

Edit: Glow doesn't go away on block so strings that involve guns like 2112, F412 etc. are also bad as you are essentially whiffing at point blank.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
She loses glow once she gets hit right? So that rules out B1 as a starter but other than that, you should be able to combo her normally.

As for the kick, when I do duck it and go for the punish I always get hit by the amp. That's why I suggested practicing the punish timing the same way Tom's video shows.
Oh right, good point. But still getting in, is hard work. I think you can interrupt the first hit if they amp, maybe with nut kick? I'll try that tonight.

Methysan

Noob
Oh right, good point. But still getting in, is hard work. I think you can interrupt the first hit if they amp, maybe with nut kick? I'll try that tonight.
Getting in is hard but I think patience is key. Keep track of her glow duration and offensive meter especially. Jade doesn't have much for combos so she'll probably be using meter on amped glaives which can really slow you down if you get hit by them. Nothing worse than recklessly jumping as she happened to throw an amped air glaive.

Also in the Jade forum they say her wake up U3 can be low profiled. Something to lab to help keep the pressure on once you finally do get in.

GLB Phantom Fiction

Ball Buster doesn’t work, but you can delay 111 punish both options much like Scorpion’s Teleport “mix-up” but it is hard to do online.

Edit: It isn’t a delay, but you have to practice the timing because you can’t mash it either.

Last edited: