What's new

Cassie Cage General Discussion Thread

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
I need good Cassie Cage renders for my new Twitch Pack. Can anyone help a brother out? I don't want her in different colors. I want all defaults. I wanted this image the most though for the others pointing the gun and her image of her face. The 1st one is the one I'm looking for, but anymore ideas please link! This will be done by my graphic designer.

Attachments

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I need good Cassie Cage renders for my new Twitch Pack. Can anyone help a brother out? I don't want her in different colors. I want all defaults. I wanted this image the most though for the others pointing the gun and her image of her face. The 1st one is the one I'm looking for, but anymore ideas please link! This will be done by my graphic designer.
Check out mkwarehouse.com or deviant art

Reactions: JDE
People are so afraid of F4 sometimes. I remember I did it 5 times in a row one time, wiffing 2 of them and on the 5th one I hit confirmed into a combo and got a quitality. I was laughing So hard.
Can you hitconfirm F4 withouth inputting F41 (I doubt it but rather ask for magic :) )?

Yesterday I played my first matches with Cassie mostly against my Jaqui friend.
My noticable difference from Scorpion that ok B2 is godlike but due to the fact that it is not disjointed hitbox whiff punishing into 2 hits is pretty difficult or sometimes impossible compared to Scorpion.
Or whiff punishing a button which is active. So need to time it more carefully.

Jacqui is annoying anyway so learning Cassie on her is not easy. She is not really a good footsie dancing partner just coming to me lol.

But no complaining Cassie is amazing and she is definitely the character with I do all the "oh my" mistakes at first but with experience she will excel pretty much. It will turn out I will make it that far. :)

F4 stagger is godlike but most of the times I had nerves and did F41 as I hoped for button press and hitconfirm...

I will come back after 2-300 matches that will be enough for the basics. :D
Now it is rather a mess - for the first 1-200 matches I can not really concentrate on the match as I concentrate on my char more.

sars

Noob
Can you hitconfirm F4 withouth inputting F41 (I doubt it but rather ask for magic :) )?

Yesterday I played my first matches with Cassie mostly against my Jaqui friend.
My noticable difference from Scorpion that ok B2 is godlike but due to the fact that it is not disjointed hitbox whiff punishing into 2 hits is pretty difficult or sometimes impossible compared to Scorpion.
Or whiff punishing a button which is active. So need to time it more carefully.

Jacqui is annoying anyway so learning Cassie on her is not easy. She is not really a good footsie dancing partner just coming to me lol.

But no complaining Cassie is amazing and she is definitely the character with I do all the "oh my" mistakes at first but with experience she will excel pretty much. It will turn out I will make it that far. :)

F4 stagger is godlike but most of the times I had nerves and did F41 as I hoped for button press and hitconfirm...

I will come back after 2-300 matches that will be enough for the basics. :D
Now it is rather a mess - for the first 1-200 matches I can not really concentrate on the match as I concentrate on my char more.
No you kind of have to commit and confirm the F41. That’s ok though cause it’s safe

Cassie looks pretty st
Just watched it. Seems like he didn’t really do anything different than most Cassie’s. He just a god at footsies. He used all the basic strings and had good stagger pressure.
It looks like there is no magic here. Cassie is a stable character and need good and stable footsies. :)
She also lacks the big 4-500 damage come back factor too however RedRaptor showed few fatal blow combos - but it looks like that works only males (against female I could not do it).
Her 32F starter Fatal Blow is rarely useful in neutral, too - but at least it is just -15. I could get my friend with it who committed to longer string though.
But you get stability with Cassie nothing crazy.

Btw please help be with BnB: do you do instant J2/J3 after DB1 AMP? I experimented the execution to get the S4 better but did not find better. Tried to do a bit later but it did not help.
Against females J3 and S4 is pretty inconsistent to me, yet. But against females J2 works, too... And after J3 , B24 works too for 7 damage less than optimal. Just of course I want to do the optimal. :)
B24xxDB1 AMP, J3, B24xxBD3 looks to most consistent to me right now for 272. S4 ender would be 279.

I checked the "new" optimal B24xxDB1 AMP, J3, S1, B2xxBD3 it is consistent too just 267 against females. :)
I like this version though easy to execute the BD3 ender.
Btw the full S1, B24xxBD3 combo is the same damage as S4. But I guess it can be more consistent.

Last edited:

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Cassie looks pretty st

It looks like there is no magic here. Cassie is a stable character and need good and stable footsies. :)
She also lacks the big 4-500 damage come back factor too however RedRaptor showed few fatal blow combos - but it looks like that works only males (against female I could not do it).
Her 32F starter Fatal Blow is rarely useful in neutral, too - but at least it is just -15. I could get my friend with it who committed to longer string though.

Btw please help be with BnB: do you do instant J2/J3 after DB1 AMP? I experimented the execution to get the S4 better but did not find better. Tried to do a bit later but it did not help.
Against females J3 and S4 is pretty inconsistent to me, yet. But against females J2 works, too... And after J3 , B24 works too for 7 damage less than optimal. Just of course I want to do the optimal. :)
B24xxDB1 AMP, J3, B24xxBD3 looks to most consistent to me right now for 272. S4 ender would be 279.

I checked the "new" optimal B24xxDB1 AMP, J3, S1, B2xxBD3 it is consistent too just 267 against females. :)
Btw the full S1, B24xxBD3 combo is the same damage as S4. But I guess it can be more consistent.
For following up with a J2 or J4 after low gunshots, I do it as quickly as I can and I never miss it. But whether the J2 or J4/J3 will connect depends on the combo starter you use. I'll write them all down for you:

111 = J2
11 = J4
B2,4 = J4
F4,1 = J2
F3,4 = J2
B1,3 into B2,4 low gunshot = J4

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

sars

Noob
Cassie looks pretty st

I do

Males
111,db1, jump 2,4, nutpunch
Females 111 db1, jump 2, b24 nutpunch

Males B24, jump 3, 4, nutpunch
Females b24’ jump 2, 4, nutpunch

Females and males
F34 or f41 starter I do jump 2,4, nutpunch

Those are all consistent and easy

For following up with a J2 or J4 after low gunshots, I do it as quickly as I can and I never miss it. But whether the J2 or J4/J3 will connect depends on the combo starter you use. I'll write them all down for you:

111 = J2
11 = J4
B2,4 = J4
F4,1 = J2
F3,4 = J2
B1,3 into B2,4 low gunshot = J4

Hope that helps.
I do

Males
111,db1, jump 2,4, nutpunch
Females 111 db1, jump 2, b24 nutpunch

Males B24, jump 3, 4, nutpunch
Females b24’ jump 2, 4, nutpunch

Females and males
F34 or f41 starter I do jump 2,4, nutpunch

Those are all consistent and easy
Thank you guys. I also started picking my consistent combos and only females J3 into S4 is pretty inconsistent to me.

F2xxdb1 amp is the same as B24xx starter to me.
And 111xxdb1 am starter is unique as well as the juggle is worse (for that I use 111xxbf4 ender).

I will experiment more in the lab and rather stick to 1 not optimal than dropping it.
We are talking about 1% damage difference.

By the way geras looks like "shemale" as J2 works on him after B24... weird. :)
And I found characters where J2 after B24 is a simple side switch while others drops, etc. Why is it so complex with Cassie...

sars

Noob
Thank you guys. I also started picking my consistent combos and only females J3 into S4 is pretty inconsistent to me.

F2xxdb1 amp is the same as B24xx starter to me.
And 111xxdb1 am starter is unique as well as the juggle is worse (for that I use 111xxbf4 ender).

I will experiment more in the lab and rather stick to 1 not optimal than dropping it.
We are talking about 1% damage difference.

By the way geras looks like "shemale" as J2 works on him after B24... weird. :)
And I found characters where J2 after B24 is a simple side switch while others drops, etc. Why is it so complex with Cassie...
It really is about being consistent. Like you said the damage difference is 1% if that

sars

Noob
Anyone notice more people picking up Cassie. In my first 150 ranked sets I faced 1 other Cassie. The past 2 nights I’ve faced like 5. Only one of them actually stuck with Cassie the whole set though. Most switched characters after they lost

Anyone notice more people picking up Cassie. In my first 150 ranked sets I faced 1 other Cassie. The past 2 nights I’ve faced like 5. Only one of them actually stuck with Cassie the whole set though. Most switched characters after they lost
I would probably also switch from Cassie if I lose the mirror and see no chance to turn it. :)
But I do not play ranked - I prefer more friendly approach and longer sets if it is fun.
Or/and I am just simply scared and dont want that extra nerves for actually nothing as I am not interested in stat.

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
I think its hilarious when i get them in the corner and throw out a couple f4's in a row then just sit back and watch them turtle for like 3 straight seconds...its funny because as bad as Cassies corner game is, mines far worse...hell, you being in the corner against me is probably to your advantage lol!
It really confuses me why I see so many people saying “Cassie corner game is bad”. She is terrifying in the corner. What doesn’t she have in the corner for people to think she is good because in my eyes she has everything she needs to break opponents down piece by piece.