What's new

Cassie Cage General Discussion Thread

i NEED those aviators but im too lazy to do any krypt junk or towers...i only lab and online unfortunately so i spent 100+ bucks for 1/3 of a game lol!
NO REGERTS

GLB Phantom Fiction

Ravenous - Catwoman- Cassie
Sonicfox new tier list has Cassie at number 2 overall. How you guys feel about that
It is hard to argue, she has so many good tools. The only flaw to her entire gameplan is she has no way to be explosive like most other top tiers; she only has one KB you can reliably do every game and it is not a 30+% one , she has average damage (comparatively), and possibly the least confirmable FB.

I only pause because of how good some of the other characters are, not really because of anything Cassie lacks though.

Hi guys I have picked up Cassie Cage recently and I have a question about B243.
3rd hit is 16F high so ducking, D1, etc. can punish it.
After 2nd hit it is -7 on block.
BF4 cancel is 11F on block. In the lab I could fuzzy guard BF4 by blocking a bit more then crouch and even D1.

Which means to me that against that completing B243 is very punishable and even if I use B24xxBF4 AMP it is just safe but should not catch counterpokes just bad ones.
And if I end it with B24 I am probably minus enough not to be able to stagger against a D1 (which would cover both B243 and stagger pressure).

What is the play around here?

F412 is about the same. If I D1 after F41 I catch Cassie all F412, F41 into D1, F41 into walk back, F41 into BF4 AMP.

When I played against Cassie I ate all the staggers but here in the lab after 5 minutes it looks a bit...fake.

Or I do not know something important. :)
Or is it the fact and that's why I do not see Foxy Grampa staggering it only F4 (and most of the time finishes it with BF4 AMP to get back the good neutral or simply accept the fact that it is minus and block)?

Last edited:

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
B24 grab on block, or if it hits confirm into low gunshots.

How can you D1 after F4,1? It staggers and pushes the opponent away and she has +27 frames of advantage so you can go for another F4 and get a combo if they don't block the 1 or just go for a grab or B2,4.

B24 grab on block, or if it hits confirm into low gunshots.

How can you D1 after F4,1? It staggers and pushes the opponent away and she has +27 frames of advantage so you can go for another F4 and get a combo if they don't block the 1 or just go for a grab or B2,4.
If my memory is good:
B24 is -7 on block
F41 is -5 on block

And the scenarios I wrote was on block of course.

You can still grab on block, most people don't know it's their turn and once they figure out just neutral duck or D4.
Okay thank you that was my question.
So no any hidden tech but the fact that opponent does no really know what's going on.
I did not know either until I labbed it - therefore it is a fair point.

GLB Phantom Fiction

Okay thank you that was my question.
So no any hidden tech but the fact that opponent does no really know what's going on.
I did not know either until I labbed it - therefore it is a fair point.
You can stagger f4. The B24 stagger isn’t real, but if you stagger just b2 and mix it up with throws, or delayed staggers, there are too many things to be looking for if they focus on taking away b24 staggers. If they respect b24, Cassie doesn’t need to go in for most MUs, so them blocking as you back off isn’t a bad thing either.

You can stagger f4. The B24 stagger isn’t real, but if you stagger just b2 and mix it up with throws, or delayed staggers, there are too many things to be looking for if they focus on taking away b24 staggers. If they respect b24, Cassie doesn’t need to go in for most MUs, so them blocking as you back off isn’t a bad thing either.
Yes F4 stagger is real.

I will lab the B2, B24, F41 staggers considering all the follow up options.
If some of them is a huge fake and only works against ignorant people I will not use it at all (not fun and creating bad habits). On the early days of MK11 I thought that the 3rd high hit is a huge mind game which makes her a good stagger but now I am not convinced after the first lab work.

I was interested in your experience as well. And of course I believe in the pro and high level player's game play, too - they already did the lab work on both side and there is the reason if something is not used but looks fance and troll online lol.

I will probably play lot enough to decide if Cassie is my character or not (even if it will be not the highest level). Worst case I will get to know the Cassie match up better. :)

GLB Phantom Fiction

Yes F4 stagger is real.

I will lab the B2, B24, F41 staggers considering all the follow up options.
If some of them is a huge fake and only works against ignorant people I will not use it at all (not fun and creating bad habits). On the early days of MK11 I thought that the 3rd high hit is a huge mind game which makes her a good stagger but now I am not convinced after the first lab work.

I was interested in your experience as well. And of course I believe in the pro and high level player's game play, too - they already did the lab work on both side and there is the reason if something is not used but looks fance and troll online lol.

I will probably play lot enough to decide if Cassie is my character or not (even if it will be not the highest level). Worst case I will get to know the Cassie match up better. :)
I’m not at the highest level either, but from my experience once they respect b2, which they have to because of how quick and far-reaching it is, you can throw in f34 or f2 or d4 or just back off. I don’t think the b243 vs b24/glowkick is that good of a mind game, but it opens the door for more pressure or throws.

I labbed b24 stagger, bf4, b243 mixup against me and yes with proper timing bf4 can be blocked into Ducking 3rd hit and still punish any button after b24.
BUT you are right that needs focus (but you can build muscle memory like a pro lol) so you can be messed up by B2 stagger.

Btw B2 has lot of block stun so b2 throw or stagger requires huge freeze (or lag lol) from opponent but b2 has alone good mind game due to spacing.

I do not really plan playing Cassie as pressure though so try using b24 rather for hit confirm footsie.

I will do the same research for F421 but I expect the same.

I’m not at the highest level either, but from my experience once they respect b2, which they have to because of how quick and far-reaching it is, you can throw in f34 or f2 or d4 or just back off. I don’t think the b243 vs b24/glowkick is that good of a mind game, but it opens the door for more pressure or throws.
Yes I would rather play around that stuff rather than stagger play. For stagger I play with other chars. :)
But more options are better.