What's new

Combo List - Cassie Cage Cassie Cage Combo Thread

her actual corner combos with run into 4, 212, 212 are actually hard too. you have to time the run into 4 perfectly so that it hits early and link the first 212 perfectly or you will drop. the easy corner bnbs do really low damage. midscreen her damage is steaming garbage and require stamina. you cannot breaker with her if you expect to be able to do a combo. not good.

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
242 is NOT -6 btw. Fastest reversal special that was able to punish it was Kung Lao's 4f EX Spin on Tempest (I think) variation.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Instead of this you can do b12~db2, RUN~33, 33db2 b12bd3 for an extra 1 percent and a I think it might be a bit easier
Sajam has actually come up with much better corner combos. I'm just waiting on him to give me the notation so I can add it to the OP along with his video. It's really worth watching if you haven't already haha.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Sajam has actually come up with much better corner combos. I'm just waiting on him to give me the notation so I can add it to the OP along with his video. It's really worth watching if you haven't already haha.
I edited the notation into the post where I added the video actually, it's been there!

Fergus

Like Father, Like Daughter
My to go to combo in the corner is

W/e xx DB2, F2 212 212 xx DB2 b1,2 xx nutcracker. I can't remember the % damage but it was like mid 30s off F3 and DF1.

ChrisJG

Noob
@Sajam try out the b212d1+2 string, I got 39 pct with a nut punch using it as a starter and the opponent is really high up making the run 4 easier. I wanna use it mid combo like after 212 or something but I have to go to sleep it's 4:27 and I have school tomorrow haha

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
The fact that it seems that you HAVE to run in all her combos is very tough for me. Like seriously it seems like most other characters don't have to do this for basic bnbs, but she does. Any tips for her bnbs? Is there possibly something you can do with her that doesn't involve run?

You're gonna need run at some point but you can do an easy 24 percent with 242, F21, nutbreaker.

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
Hey guys I'm trying out Cassie Cage, and being that I never played MK9 competitively(only injustice) I am having real trouble playing her seriously.

The fact that it seems that you HAVE to run in all her combos is very tough for me. Like seriously it seems like most other characters don't have to do this for basic bnbs, but she does. Any tips for her bnbs? Is there possibly something you can do with her that doesn't involve run?

Thanks in advanced.
Yes, she will be hard to master, as she is a corner heavy character and most of her mid combos are run combos, especially in the Hollywood variation.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Yes, she will be hard to master, as she is a corner heavy character and most of her mid combos are run combos, especially in the Hollywood variation.
In all variations jahaha. Can't think of a decently damaging combo midscreen that doesn't involve some sort of run cancel in all variations.

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
My to go to combo in the corner is

W/e xx DB2, F2 212 212 xx DB2 b1,2 xx nutcracker. I can't remember the % damage but it was like mid 30s off F3 and DF1.
The good thing about using f2 in corner combos is that it removes the need for stamina, and it only loses you about 1-2% damage compared to more optimal ones.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Forgot to say, the one I posted is a midscreen combo.

And there are probably better enders than F24 but I have a hard time connecting after a run (which means the damage could probably be better) so I went easy. lol

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Hey guys I'm trying out Cassie Cage, and being that I never played MK9 competitively(only injustice) I am having real trouble playing her seriously.

Thanks in advanced.
run combos are so hard... i end up blocking or dashing forward and not runninh ugh

Here's the deal guys, the run cancel is kind of weird at first since it isn't MK9 block dashing....I will admit I didn't like it at first....but the execution is really not that bad once you get used to it. The thing that you want to focus on in my opinion is to work on learning when to cancel into the run to the point where you are confident that the run will be coming out every time. Don't worry about putting the entire combo together at first just get this step down. Once you are confident with ability to cancel into a run when you want then it really frees up your focus into executing the rest of your combos.

In time as the game is out longer, people won't even think about doing the run cancels they will just be muscle memory much like the way dashing worked in combos in MK9.

TLDR: I wouldn't get discouraged and seek out combos that avoid the run cancel. It will eventually become 2nd nature once you practice it enough.

Shady

Noob
Here's the deal guys, the run cancel is kind of weird at first since it isn't MK9 block dashing....I will admit I didn't like it at first....but the execution is really not that bad once you get used to it. The thing that you want to focus on in my opinion is to work on learning when to cancel into the run to the point where you are confident that the run will be coming out every time. Don't worry about putting the entire combo together at first just get this step down. Once you are confident with ability to cancel into a run when you want then it really frees up your focus into executing the rest of your combos.

In time as the game is out longer, people won't even think about doing the run cancels they will just be muscle memory much like the way dashing worked in combos in MK9.

TLDR: I wouldn't get discouraged and seek out combos that avoid the run cancel. It will eventually become 2nd nature once you practice it enough.
Pretty much this. Run was hard at first. I used to consistently get dashing, but it's transitioning to muscle memory now. I used to main Kabal though, so cancel moves and transitions at high speed are kind of easier for my thumbs.

GS_Zodiac

Determined to make a name for the mid-west

I looked through the tread and I didn't see anything like it so I'm gonna post it. I found a corner combos into xray for 45% and it's fairly easy if you have the hang of run cancel combos.

I'm using [Brawler] against Sub-zero, but everything used is universal to all variations