What's new

Combo List - Cassie Cage Cassie Cage Combo Thread

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Alright so I'm gonna update the damage totals for corner combos starting with b12 since it goes ridiculously far and is hit confirmable/safe on block:

b12 xx db2 run 4 212 212 xx db2 b12 xx (ender choice goes here)

Nut Kracker: 37% (mb is 39%)
Take down: 38%
Bow Breaker: 38%

Starting the combo with different strings/confirms will lead to slightly more/less damage but that's the most consistent and highest damage way to get corner damage off of a db2 confirm I'm found so far.

242 starter: 242 njp 4 212 212 db3 run 4 xx db2 b1:

Nut Kracker: 39% (mb is 41%)
Take down: 40%
ooo hot damn, I can't wait to get back to my stupid laggy hotel room TV and try these out. Good shit!

Shady

Noob
Yeah they can, the nut punch leaves you at +3. I believe if you meter burn it they're forced to block the f3/d+f1 mixup though
How many frames is D1 usually? Shouldn't you be able to 212 after a +3? I mean it is a 5 frame jab so shouldn't you technically have that window to beat a 6 frame D1? Not sure, just asking, haven't tested enough in matches.

Jerds

Noob
Ohhh okay so what does the MB nut punch leave you at then ?
According to the in game frame data it's +52

How many frames is D1 usually? Shouldn't you be able to 212 after a +3? I mean it is a 5 frame jab so shouldn't you technically have that window to beat a 6 frame D1? Not sure, just asking, haven't tested enough in matches.
The first hit of 212 is a high so it would whiff on d1 unless im mistaken? I'm still new to MK so anybody more experienced feel free to correct me on any of this.

Laziman5898

"Cassie , D'vorah , Jacqui and Tanya are killers"
According to the in game frame data it's +52

The first hit of 212 is a high so it would whiff on d1 unless im mistaken? I'm still new to MK so anybody more experienced feel free to correct me on any of this.
In order for the first high hit to hit , the opponent will need to fuzzy guard and that can't happen because the properties of the nut punch put the opponent In a low state so the high most definitely should not be able hit but if it does comment please , I tested this the fastest mid was b1( please correct me if I'm wrong) and it was trading with certain d1s so I dunno but feel free to do some testing of your own

Shady

Noob
In order for the first high hit to hit , the opponent will need to fuzzy guard and that can't happen because the properties of the nut punch put the opponent In a low state so the high most definitely should not be able hit but if it does comment please , I tested this the fastest mid was b1( please correct me if I'm wrong) and it was trading with certain d1s so I dunno but feel free to do some testing of your own
Hmm, if that's true than EX Nut Punch is the more viable option in corner pressure game then. Seems that it's better to go for Spec Ops variation as is as well with all of the rocket set ups over trying to get nut punch with no meter and no apparent advantage.

Fergus

Like Father, Like Daughter
Imo if you have a bar and your opponent has a good bit of life left, then it's a no brainer to go for ex nutcracker ender as they can't interrupt your DF1/F3 50/50 even with armour.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
EX nut punch gives you a free jump in, so Cassie has a meter dependant vortex in hollywood stance. She's a really fun character to play I just hope she doesn't get boring too quickly.

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
So it seems the entire cast can interrupt any b21 follow ups (on block) with a simple d1... Am I missing sth?

Oh god I hope I do because Ermac's 5f -9 d1 with its excellent range gave me lots of trouble today...

Edit: Derp

Last edited:

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Not sure if it's been mentioned but you can Use her EX glow kick as a sort of divekick combo starter if the first hit whiffs. Because of the armour you can use it to punish zoners from a pretty decent distance and it adds a nice chunk of damage to her BnBs too.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
So I made a bnb collection with a lot of the combos I mentioned in here, and it has combos in each variations.

The cool stuff is the hit confirmable OH/low stuff and the missile setups I think. Anyways, check it out:

Notation:

Midscreen Bnbs:

1. 212 xx DB2 Run 12 B12 xx BD3 (26%)
2. Same as above, with MB DB3 at the end (29%)
3. B12 xx DB2 Run 12 B12 xx BF3 (27%)
4. B12 xx DB2 Run 12 B124 (23%) into missile for setup
5. Same as Above, but MB missile at the end

Corner BnBs:
6. B12 xx DB2 Run 4 212 212 xx DB2 B12 xx mb BD3 (39%)
7. 242 NJP 4 212 212 xx DB2 Run 4 xx DB2 B1 xx mb BD3 (41%)
8. B12 xx DB2 Run 4 212 212 xx DB2 B12 xx BF3 (38%)
9. 242 NJP 4 212 212 xx DB2 Run 4 xx DB2 B1 xx BF3 (40%)
10. 242 NJP 4 212 212 xx DB2 Run 4 xx DB2 F2 1+3 (40%)
11. F3 xx DF1 xx DB2 Run 4 212 212 xx DB2 B1 xx close missile for setup (33%)
12. DF1 xx DF1xx DB2 Run 4 212 212 xx DB2 B1 xx close missile for setup (31%)

Last edited:
Here's a meterless corner combo for Brawler mode. If anyone wants to optimize it and try to get more damage, that'd be awesome. It stands at 38% right now.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
So I made a bnb collection with a lot of the combos I mentioned in here, and it has combos in each variations.

The cool stuff is the hit confirmable OH/low stuff and the missile setups I think. Anyways, check it out:
Awesome! Do you feel like notating them so I can easily add them to the OP?

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Here's a meterless corner combo for Brawler mode. If anyone wants to optimize it and try to get more damage, that'd be awesome. It stands at 38% right now.

I posted one earlier in the thread, but 242 NJ punch 4 212 212 xx db2 run 4 xx db2 b1 xx bf3 does 40% meterless.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!

Just looking at your midscreen combos, I can get b12~db2, RUN~12, b12~ender to connect quite easily, but can't get the 12 to connect from other starters (such as f3 or d+f1). Is this the case or am I just shitty at execution?

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Just looking at your midscreen combos, I can get b12~db2, RUN~12, b12~ender to connect quite easily, but can't get the 12 to connect from other starters (such as f3 or d+f1). Is this the case or am I just shitty at execution?
You can, it's just a bit tighter to do. Online or if I don't need the kill I would just do df2 run up b12 or run up 1 into b12. It's pretty difficult to combo off of f3 especially.

Blackburry

Buffs needs buffs
Hey guys I'm trying out Cassie Cage, and being that I never played MK9 competitively(only injustice) I am having real trouble playing her seriously.

The fact that it seems that you HAVE to run in all her combos is very tough for me. Like seriously it seems like most other characters don't have to do this for basic bnbs, but she does. Any tips for her bnbs? Is there possibly something you can do with her that doesn't involve run?

Thanks in advanced.

Shady

Noob

Notation:

Midscreen Bnbs:

1. 212 xx DB2 Run 12 B12 xx BD3 (26%)
2. Same as above, with MB DB3 at the end (29%)
3. B12 xx DB2 Run 12 B12 xx BF3 (27%)
4. B12 xx DB2 Run 12 B124 (23%) into missile for setup
5. Same as Above, but MB missile at the end

Corner BnBs:
6. B12 xx DB2 Run 4 212 212 xx DB2 B12 xx mb BD3 (39%)
7. 242 NJP 4 212 212 xx DB2 Run 4 xx DB2 B1 xx mb BD3 (41%)
8. B12 xx DB2 Run 4 212 212 xx DB2 B12 xx BF3 (38%)
9. 242 NJP 4 212 212 xx DB2 Run 4 xx DB2 B1 xx BF3 (40%)
10. 242 NJP 4 212 212 xx DB2 Run 4 xx DB2 F2 1+3 (40%)
11. F3 xx DF1 xx DB2 Run 4 212 212 xx DB2 B1 xx close missile for setup (33%)
12. DF1 xx DF1xx DB2 Run 4 212 212 xx DB2 B1 xx close missile for setup (31%)
Yo, dem American way combos!!! SWAG.