What's new

Cage info for Cage players

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Yeah, in the US, Dizzy is probably the most capable Cage player. And damn is he fucking good. :confused:

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations

Holding down the entire video except the end where I just showed that when you re-enter crouch, it shows that you pressed down.
Why does this confuse me? I don't know a lot about Cage, and I don't understand why you're randomly standing up after blocking and the crouching again, yet you're not letting go of the down button. What's going on in this video please?

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Why does this confuse me? I don't know a lot about Cage, and I don't understand why you're randomly standing up after blocking and the crouching again, yet you're not letting go of the down button. What's going on in this video please?
The input bug. Happens with all downpokes, and apparently down+block as well. Awesome, eh?

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
He's not holding down+block. He's letting go of block then hitting block again to see how long it takes to block.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
yeah all this is ridiculousness, i promise you the only ones complaining are the ones who refuse to learn match-ups, lets put this situation into perspective, cage does f3 if you block high, then you're out of it. if you block low, just block high then let another f3 hit, then you're out. cage can also do f33 xx exfb if he sniffs out you blocking high to get out, if you read him and block low, youre out. despite all of this, this only randomly happens, so it is defiantly not a reliable tool, i actually might play cage again because with this new tech i say he could compete again.
There's something very wrong with this community. As opposed to most people saying "Hey, NRS...you done fucked up! Fix this bullshit!" people simply say "Oh, that shouldn't happen, random frame advantage is silly but I'll figure it out!"

Maybe you guys play UMvC3 and don't mind stupid random factors but it pisses me off to lose to stuff like that. I've accepted it, for the most part, but simply saying "Well, you tried NRS!" is never going to get them to make better games in the future. I'm not saying don't accept it, but to just let them just slide with it, is utterly ridiculous.

There's something very wrong with this community. As opposed to most people saying "Hey, NRS...you done fucked up! Fix this bullshit!" people simply say "Oh, that shouldn't happen, random frame advantage is silly but I'll figure it out!"

Maybe you guys play UMvC3 and don't mind stupid random factors but it pisses me off to lose to stuff like that. I've accepted it, for the most part, but simply saying "Well, you tried NRS!" is never going to get them to make better games in the future.
What are you talking about? of course theyll make better games im just saying that its a good tool that helps him compete. you just gotta learn to deal with it.

GNG Iniquity

What are you talking about? of course theyll make better games im just saying that its a good tool that helps him compete. you just gotta learn to deal with it.
No dude, good tool(s) to help him compete would be giving him reliable armor on his EX shadow kick that doesn't bug out. Maybe change the mechanics of it so that it doesn't propel the zoner halfway across the screen too. I'm not saying that Cage doesn't have problems, he sure as hell does. I'd never rely on F3 getting that random +9 frame advantage, I'd rather invest my free time into gambling.

Jax's f413 giving the same random frame advantage on block, however, can greatly be used to your advantage due to the fact that you're pretty much attempting to block low the majority of the match. However, Jax is a pretty good character to begin with, Cage...not so much.

No dude, good tool(s) to help him compete would be giving him reliable armor on his EX shadow kick that doesn't bug out. Maybe change the mechanics of it so that it doesn't propel the zoner halfway across the screen too. I'm not saying that Cage doesn't have problems, he sure as hell does. I'd never rely on F3 getting that random +9 frame advantage, I'd rather invest my free time into gambling.

Jax's f413 giving the same random frame advantage on block, however, can greatly be used to your advantage due to the fact that you're pretty much attempting to block low the majority of the match. However, Jax is a pretty good character to begin with, Cage...not so much.
jeez im not trying to start a flame war or anything but this does help him, but i dont think it will change anything drastically

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
How does that work?

We find something out that is 100% random.
Its not like Johnny Cage players havent been pressing F3 this entire time.

Pretty sure the forward button and the A button on my pad are the 2 most used buttons
I don't care what anyone says, Cages frame data is fucking sketchy after a d3 on block.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
How does that work?

We find something out that is 100% random.
Its not like Johnny Cage players havent been pressing F3 this entire time.

Pretty sure the forward button and the A button on my pad are the 2 most used buttons
I never said he's top 10, I just want to hear others opinions on this.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
I didnt mean it about ranking, I wasnt clear enough. What I meant was, knowing this isnt going to effect the way people play Cage or play against him, its just something thats now known.
I guess, but some people will be afraid to poke out of Cage's pressure if he goes f3 f3, since you might be at an advantage. Nothing game changing, but it does mix things up.

GNG Iniquity

I guess, but some people will be afraid to poke out of Cage's pressure if he goes f3 f3, since you might be at an advantage. Nothing game changing, but it does mix things up.
If your thought process is that a random +9 frame advantage makes a character good, then well...I don't know what to tell you. Does it make Jax better, since he gets it too? Sure. Is it going to help Cage? Not really.

But yes, I have been hit with that bullshit when trying to poke out of it, pisses me the hell off.

REO

Undead
Man, I like this game as much as everyone else on here, but it has severe issues. Input bug is as bad as it gets, but players also have to deal with meter drain glitches and inconsistent frame data.
EL OH EL, who cares about all those issues, bugs, and glitches? There's more IMPORTANT things to fix like KABAL'S IAFB SPAM and dash cancels!!

He {DOESN'T} need it!

Somberness

Lights
I guess I need to be more clear. The video just shows what happens randomly when you block forward 3 in crouch, releasing block while pressing a button. It starts another standing animation.
Somberness is there anything funky with his d3 on block aswell then?
I doubt it, the 3 moves that have this bug have a couple things in common. They are all forward moving kick attacks that are normally 0 on block.