What's new

Cage info for Cage players

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Sooo...if I understand this right, is f3 a "random" block infinite? Lol
Well, as I said, if Cage is at +9 and f+3 is 9 frames, which it is, that means the next f+3 that follows comes out in zero frames. I am not sure whether you can armor through that.

Man, I like this game as much as everyone else on here, but it has severe issues. Input bug is as bad as it gets, but players also have to deal with meter drain glitches and inconsistent frame data.

Seapeople

This one's for you
If we get a final hotfix for this game (which I hope we do now), I hope Netherrealm will also publicize their complete frame data. I think stuff like this could have been found months ago if we had more information to work with.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
If we get a final hotfix for this game (which I hope we do now), I hope Netherrealm will also publicize their complete frame data. I think stuff like this could have been found months ago if we had more information to work with.
I think they knew about the inconsistencies. It's very sketchy. I have my suspicion that the engine itself is so busted that they cannot fix the inconsistencies; I'm willing to bet that other characters receive random frame advantages when being crouched blocked.

But yes, that hotfix needs to come out, in the game's current state I cannot believe that it's supposed to be at EVO. Anyways, I'm not intending on playing this game competitively anymore, fucking bullshit random infinites.

The transition from block to neutral being 2 frames pissed me off as is, but this too? I'm done.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
This is like the 10th time you've claimed you were done. Chill out. JC needs it.

yeah all this is ridiculousness, i promise you the only ones complaining are the ones who refuse to learn match-ups, lets put this situation into perspective, cage does f3 if you block high, then you're out of it. if you block low, just block high then let another f3 hit, then you're out. cage can also do f33 xx exfb if he sniffs out you blocking high to get out, if you read him and block low, youre out. despite all of this, this only randomly happens, so it is defiantly not a reliable tool, i actually might play cage again because with this new tech i say he could compete again.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
yeah all this is ridiculousness, i promise you the only ones complaining are the ones who refuse to learn match-ups, lets put this situation into perspective, cage does f3 if you block high, then you're out of it. if you block low, just block high then let another f3 hit, then you're out. cage can also do f33 xx exfb if he sniffs out you blocking high to get out, if you read him and block low, youre out. despite all of this, this only randomly happens, so it is defiantly not a reliable tool, i actually might play cage again because with this new tech i say he could compete again.
No, most people who learn the matchup train themselves to block low and go to neutral on reaction. They do not train themselves to guess when he's going to be at advantage randomly after a f3.

Johnny cage does not need random advantage off f3 to compete. That just makes him braindead as opposed to being about reads, which is how it should be. It's like saying Smoke needs his reset to compete. No, absolutely not.

No, most people who learn the matchup train themselves to block low and go to neutral on reaction. They do not train themselves to guess when he's going to be at advantage randomly after a f3.

Johnny cage does not need random advantage off f3 to compete. That just makes him braindead as opposed to being about reads, which is how it should be. It's like saying Smoke needs his reset to compete. No, absolutely not.
Well thats your opinion and ive mained cage since day one, and he has to work very hard in alot of his matchups when other characters barley have to read at all against him.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
well that sucks. Every tournament i watch or have been to, he doesn't win. He's a great character but it's crazy people want to quit over something like this.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
well that sucks. Every tournament i watch or have been to, he doesn't win. He's a great character but it's crazy people want to quit over something like this.
Probably because there are only 2 players that main him and compete with him at high level.

If people actually learned to play AS cage then he'd probably be winning a shit tonne. People just write him off as bad because 1. Alot of players suck at him confirming on block or hit 2. They dont know how to use his strings and pokes, they just do them.

Probably because there are only 2 players that main him and compete with him at high level.

If people actually learned to play AS cage then he'd probably be winning a shit tonne. People just write him off as bad because 1. Alot of players suck at him confirming on block or hit 2. They dont know how to use his strings and pokes, they just do them.
What are you talking about? i know plenty of people that can do that stuff. Just because they dont go to tournaments dosent mean they suck.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Sorry Sao ^
Hes a nice guy and everything but hes never placed, he cant be used in the arguement.

What are you talking about? i know plenty of people that can do that stuff. Just because they dont go to tournaments dosent mean they suck.
Name me some. Gotta remember I play online and offline, so I've played all the Cages online...

Dizzy is the only Cage I've seen with competence and thought, none of this lets just spam a string.

Hes a nice guy and everything but hes never placed, he cant be used in the arguement.

Name me some. Gotta remember I play online and offline, so I've played all the Cages online...

Dizzy is the only Cage I've seen with competence and thought, none of this lets just spam a string.
im pretty decent so is forever king btw do u wanna do some mirrors right now? i havent played u in a while,