What's new

Question - Blood God Buff parry and give 1 armor move! NRS

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
If blood god got armor he would be top tier, period. Use one of the best normal sets in MKX, punish for 44%. Kill in corner. Jesus. Lack mixup? 16% throw. Lack defensive options? Half damage and all dis meter. Add armor read, round can end in 20 seconds.

Scary as fuck
Mr Aquaman is here to save me from the downplayers

Error404

Noob
I've been saying that he needs a new move in this variation for god knows how much time. It isn't fair for a character with such massive holes in his offense to have no way to get up.

FoolishProphet

Still waiting for Jade :\
I don't understand why he would need armor his defense totem makes him a tank,the damage totem makes your punish hit so hard your opponent thinks twice abut pressuring you,and blood totem needs one last tweak to make it good.I have been through hell and back with kotal across all variations since day one and all I can say is pick your variation wisely against your opponent,now granted war god will be the one you will go to half the time but blood god and sun god are still good.Sun god down 1,2 and 3 into command throw on block is a guarenteed tick throw that so far only kung lao and cassie can counter with hat spin and cartwheel kick but besides that everytime your opponent turtles you break there defense.NRS in my opinion won't give him an armor move because he really doesn't need it,once they patch blood totem blood god will be damn good.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I don't understand why he would need armor his defense totem makes him a tank,the damage totem makes your punish hit so hard your opponent thinks twice abut pressuring you,and blood totem needs one last tweak to make it good.I have been through hell and back with kotal across all variations since day one and all I can say is pick your variation wisely against your opponent,now granted war god will be the one you will go to half the time but blood god and sun god are still good.Sun god down 1,2 and 3 into command throw on block is a guarenteed tick throw that so far only kung lao and cassie can counter with hat spin and cartwheel kick but besides that everytime your opponent turtles you break there defense.NRS in my opinion won't give him an armor move because he really doesn't need it,once they patch blood totem blood god will be damn good.
Some sort of anti-zoning would be nice. If his parry reflected projectiles, he would be perfect.

I'm not going to downplay Kotal Khan. I know how good he is. He has many favorable matchups. He just could use a tool to deal with zoning.

FoolishProphet

Some sort of anti-zoning would be nice. If his parry reflected projectiles, he would be perfect.

I'm not going to downplay Kotal Khan. I know how good he is. He has many favorable matchups. He just could use a tool to deal with zoning.
I agree,if NRS did that mace parry would be good.I was confused when I first tried it day one because it looked like it would reflect projectiles.Also if it absorbed projectiles and gave him a decent and fair amount of meter would also work.

Reactions: GAV

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I agree,if NRS did that mace parry would be good.I was confused when I first tried it day one because it looked like it would reflect projectiles.Also if it absorbed projectiles and gave him a decent and fair amount of meter would also work.
Yes to either of those changes.

Even if they do nothing to him, I'm gonna stick with him. I just know I need a secondary character for Kotal's bad matchups - and its Jax.

FoolishProphet

Yes to either of those changes.

Even if they do nothing to him, I'm gonna stick with him. I just know I need a secondary character for Kotal's bad matchups - and its Jax.
Sonya for me,having a secondary is smart and most people should have one and if you can learn more the better.

Reactions: GAV

FoolishProphet

Question: For what match-ups, in particular, would you ever choose Blood God or Sun God over War God?
I use blood god against scorpion,ferra-torr,kano,mileena,and jaqui.Sun god I honestly have been using instead of war god lately and I have had no problems yet.Now I use blood god against those characters because I have a lot of experience in those match ups and blood god holds his own against them well.Trust me you want to stick with war god unless you have great defense and a lot of patience.

Levaranoia

War God
I think what a lot of people in this thread are saying is that Kotal needs something. They don't know what exactly but he needs something. He could easily become overpowered with something so that is why it is very important to completely analyze what could be given to him to make him better but not an overpowered monster. Perhaps he might have to trade off on something he has right now to make something else good.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
I use blood god against scorpion,ferra-torr,kano,mileena,and jaqui.Sun god I honestly have been using instead of war god lately and I have had no problems yet.Now I use blood god against those characters because I have a lot of experience in those match ups and blood god holds his own against them well.Trust me you want to stick with war god unless you have great defense and a lot of patience.
I've played Blood God and Sun God since day 1. I'm fully aware that they are viable in plenty of match-ups. My point was that there are no match-ups (to my knowledge) in which Blood God and/or Sun God would be a better choice (from a competitive standpoint) than War God. Despite this opinion, I thoroughly enjoy playing both Blood God as well as Sun God and I do believe they can be viable in the right hands.

I am a novice/almost getting there with Kotal player and I still have no really good ideals to better my game style with Blood God. I love the variation (actually, it's one of the few variations that's original) and I love having the ability to nullify big damage or even gain a huge damage boost, but I also like rushdown. This variation doesn't seem to rush-down friendly due to the fact that he lacks a fast projectile and some his parry (non EX) is kinda slow on start-up. Any tips on how to help me use Blood God parry and his moves better?