What's new

Question - Blood God Buff parry and give 1 armor move! NRS

Mrfinesse28

Your Sacrifice Honors Me!
OK so kk in blood god is the only character in the game I know of that has no armor moves what so ever. No wake up game period!.Soooooo I believe kotal Kahn should at least get some type of armor wjen his defense totem is out similar to quanchi sorcerer variation in his circle. Also his parry is pretty much useless because the only way to parry a full string is to use all of your meter sooooo....reduce the start up on the parry and also let it absorb projectiles this would make it more of a mind game to fight loyal vs someone just like ohhh he has loyal let me just zone him out the whole game! Give me your thoughts right now he's bottom with goro n a few other characters!

Reactions: GAV

Mrfinesse28

OK so kk in blood god is the only character in the game I know of that has no armor moves what so ever. No wake up game period!.Soooooo I believe kotal Kahn should at least get some type of armor wjen his defense totem is out similar to quanchi sorcerer variation in his circle. Also his parry is pretty much useless because the only way to parry a full string is to use all of your meter sooooo....reduce the start up on the parry and also let it absorb projectiles this would make it more of a mind game to fight loyal vs someone just like ohhh he has loyal let me just zone him out the whole game! Give me your thoughts right now he's bottom with goro n a few other characters!
Kotal Not loyal

Mrfinesse28

If you want to play a strong character play someone else.

Not only are you asking for the wrong buffs but also doing it on deaf ears.
What would u suggest it was a statement open for suggestions...I love kk as a character I win the majority of my matches 75%-80 with kk but I lose to zoning with him ALOT!

Mrfinesse28

You're not YOMI, make your own opinion :p
True I'd say he is a least mid tier but in BG u don't have to respect his wake up game at all. Once he's down he's down ..put it like this take a character like say lui kang dragon fire...he gets a bar or meter off of block every time then if he hits u n knocks u down u can't wake up u HAVE to block again ..then at from mid screen to full screen u get zoned

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
What would u suggest it was a statement open for suggestions...I love kk as a character I win the majority of my matches 75%-80 with kk but I lose to zoning with him ALOT!
I would suggest playing someone else.

Kotal has a lot of problems which NRS will not fix. Play war god or play something else.

Successful parry interrupts strings and leaves kotal at +5 it now works against jump ins and projectiles. Sun ray recovery reduced by 1/3, bg can ex totems for 1 hit of armor. Tick throw off 11 in sg. There you go i fucking fixed him.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
True I'd say he is a least mid tier but in BG u don't have to respect his wake up game at all. Once he's down he's down ..put it like this take a character like say lui kang dragon fire...he gets a bar or meter off of block every time then if he hits u n knocks u down u can't wake up u HAVE to block again ..then at from mid screen to full screen u get zoned
Yep he has hard matchups with hard hitting weaknesses but that's fighting games lol. Guess correctly on wakeup and use backdash invincibility and Kotals fast pokes.

Reactions: SPY

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
if you're losing to zoning it's most likely your movement, not your character. There are more ways around zoning then just armoring through.

edit: though I'll agree it's definitely difficult for blood. If I was you I would just pick up War God in zoning heavy matchups that you're worried about.

Last edited:

Mrfinesse28

Yep he has hard matchups with hard hitting weaknesses but that's fighting games lol. Guess correctly on wakeup and use backdash invincibility and Kotals fast pokes.
True but not in the corner lol he has 0 wake ups so u have to eat block strings that keeps the opponent with breakers

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
True but not in the corner lol he has 0 wake ups so u have to eat block strings that keeps the opponent with breakers
That's a weakness and a part of the meta in Kotal matchups. Kotal has to try and not be put in the corner, whereas the opponent has to try and put Kotal in the corner - that's the game and how it's played. If you get knocked down in the corner, good luck, you have to play the opponents game and it is possible to get out of every time.

Mrfinesse28

if you're losing to zoning it's most likely your movement, not your character. There are more ways around zoning then just armoring through.
Do u can get in on shinnok???? Or how about kenshi! Let's be real kk is low tier because hes been neglected from any type of counters

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
He seems super setup heavy with the totems, so your movement and punishes and positioning will most likely need to be on point, as is the case with most setup characters.

that would be insane lol
Okay maybe i'm being a little greedy with the 11 tick since it's already a safe string but goddamn it i'm angry lol, i'll settle for parry that interrupts strings at +5. It can still lose to jump ins but it can absorb projectiles (i need one or the other) sun ray recovery and bg gets armor off at least 1 totem and i'm good.

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
he has armor actually, db2 reduced the damage taken by 50% or somthing like this. My brother landed a 39% combo while my totem was out and it was counted as 14% damage!

ando1184

Noob
That's a weakness and a part of the meta in Kotal matchups. Kotal has to try and not be put in the corner, whereas the opponent has to try and put Kotal in the corner - that's the game and how it's played. If you get knocked down in the corner, good luck, you have to play the opponents game and it is possible to get out of every time.
The point being made is he has 0 (NONE), no armored moves and no that's not just the meta. This variation has no way of armoring through anything nor a viable wakeup option "like everyone else." Everyone in the game has armor and universal armor attacks is the meta of this game. I think BG KK will get something soon, it's just that the cast is so big with all the variations, it might take some time to get to em. He needs his 114 and b12 to not whiff vs the vast majority of the cast. That's a big issue imo. they could even shorten some of the holes in his strings so he can have true block pressure like a lot of the other cast members.