What's new

Question - Blood God Buff parry and give 1 armor move! NRS

ando1184

Noob
I think that's more of an issue with the game and breathing hitboxes with small characters rather than Kotal specifically however I agree they need fixed. Johnny Cage suffers so much and it's a real shame.

The parry being bad is not one of the main reasons that you feel BG is really bad. Let's not over-emphasise, exagerate or downplay shall we?

That is irrelevant because it is true and you must not be taking this advice which is tried and tested. So whether it's old or not, doesn't matter because it is correct.

I know. And I have agreed that the parry should be adjusted.

I feel like everyone wants there character to have no weaknesses and everything to be 5-5, but that's not how it works. Go play Lao if you want no weaknesses.
Sun god has an armored attack, which makes his defensive options better. This also helps when trying to interrupt strings with gaps or through your opponents patterns. That's what armored attacks are for. I'm not downplaying BG but he does need his hitbox issues addressed and an armored move would help him also since he himself has big gaps in between his strings. Yes I am tired of hearing people say play another character/variation but that's because they normally can't validate their argument and that's their fallback response. I want a balanced game with balanced characters and shouldn't get called out on it for making my opinion and point because of such. This character needs something, anything, and that has been my point. Are you really comfortable with characters that have useless variations? Every variation needs to be used in this game by someone somewhere because each is a unique character in it's own right. I would like to see more diversity and I'm sure the developers had that mentality in mind as well. For the record F*** KL!

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Sun god has an armored attack, which makes his defensive options better. This also helps when trying to interrupt strings with gaps or through your opponents patterns. That's what armored attacks are for. I'm not downplaying BG but he does need his hitbox issues addressed and an armored move would help him also since he himself has big gaps in between his strings. Yes I am tired of hearing people say play another character/variation but that's because they normally can't validate their argument and that's their fallback response. I want a balanced game with balanced characters and shouldn't get called out on it for making my opinion and point because of such. This character needs something, anything, and that has been my point. Are you really comfortable with characters that have useless variations? Every variation needs to be used in this game by someone somewhere because each is a unique character in it's own right. I would like to see more diversity and I'm sure the developers had that mentality in mind as well. For the record F*** KL!
I don't know how many times I need to make my point before you comprehend it. The drawback of this variation is that he can't armour through strings and if you think that makes him unviable then fine, think that. I've already agreed to fixing the games hitbox issues and a parry tweak, stop making that point because we are on the same page. It's not a fallback reponse, it's a legitamate reason and I've said why, you can pretend I haven't validated my argument if you must but I've been rather thorough in my reponses but you just keep making the same stupid points every time even though I've addressed them already. It's crazy stupid circle logic. DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHY THE VARIATION SYSTEM WAS MADE!? TO STOP PEOPLE LIKE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT MATCHUPS BEING HARD RATHER THAN JUST LEARN EVERY OPTION YOU HAVE. God damn, a variation is not a new character so stop treating it that way. You can have your opinion, but if I make my opinion as a counter to yours don't just label it as a call out, I'm not calling you out I'm having a discussion and when I address your points you basically just ignore it, reword your point slightly differently and I reword - it's bizarre. I'm done.

You can try and play a game of chess with a chicken but at the end of the day it's still going to shit on the board and knock over all the pieces. Have fun with your character and have a nice day.

ando1184

Noob
I don't know how many times I need to make my point before you comprehend it. The drawback of this variation is that he can't armour through strings and if you think that makes him unviable then fine, think that. I've already agreed to fixing the games hitbox issues and a parry tweak, stop making that point because we are on the same page. It's not a fallback reponse, it's a legitamate reason and I've said why, you can pretend I haven't validated my argument if you must but I've been rather thorough in my reponses but you just keep making the same stupid points every time even though I've addressed them already. It's crazy stupid circle logic. DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHY THE VARIATION SYSTEM WAS MADE!? TO STOP PEOPLE LIKE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT MATCHUPS BEING HARD RATHER THAN JUST LEARN EVERY OPTION YOU HAVE. God damn, a variation is not a new character so stop treating it that way. You can have your opinion, but if I make my opinion as a counter to yours don't just label it as a call out, I'm not calling you out I'm having a discussion and when I address your points you basically just ignore it, reword your point slightly differently and I reword - it's bizarre. I'm done.

You can try and play a game of chess with a chicken but at the end of the day it's still going to shit on the board and knock over all the pieces. Have fun with your character and have a nice day.
Look man, I'm not disregarding you personally. I only made that comment about people on these threads saying to just switch because that's really all people have to say most of the time. Everyone wants a balanced game, that's the real issue. If ya give one character a universal tool (armor) then every character should have it. For the record Quan chi and takeda both have armor on their teleports. So they DO have armored moves. It doesn't matter if they're useful or not, they exist. BG KK doesn't have armored anything so yeh he's the only one in the game right now. Have you ever fought a DF liu kang with BG? It's literally an 8-2 matchup because he has no answer to LK run cancel pressure or post knockdown . Because of situations like that, I state my opinions on the matter. The other KK variations are hard to win vs that too but BG takes it bent over man. I understand everything you were saying but I think NRS should make this as fair as possible because even if he did have armor and other changes he'd still be Blood God KK. But yeh I still see every variation as a separate character and I know I'm not the only one because the majority of the community only uses one variation of one character. They could use a different variation but the vast majority doesn't and why is that, because some variations change the characters gameplay significantly. You saying that NRS made the variant system to revolve around a characters matchup strengths/weaknesses doesn't mean it's true, especially when the community determines how the characters are being used.

Edit: but man, that's bouncing off subject. The point is, you think he isn't meant to have armor and I think he is. So I guess let's just leave it at that.

Last edited:

Scott The Scot

For the record Quan chi and takeda both have armor on their teleports. So they DO have armored moves. It doesn't matter if they're useful or not, they exist
So you'd be happy if Kotal had armour that took 300 frames to startup and literally had no purpose, simply because it exists? Yet the parry exists and you're not happy with that - now you want it to be useful. Do you see where that line of thinking just doesn't really work? Having useful armour vs not useful armour is like saying: "Hey man do you have a car?" and the person replies "Yes, but it has no wheels and the engine doesn't work.", that guy isn't driving anyone to the cinema and he might as well say he doesn't haven't a car because there's no point in bringing it up if it doesn't serve a purpose.

Have you ever fought a DF liu kang with BG? It's literally an 8-2 matchup because he has no answer to LK run cancel pressure or post knockdown
No I haven't because I'd be smart enough to change to War God. That's why the variation system exists.

But yeh I still see every variation as a separate character and I know I'm not the only one because the majority of the community only uses one variation of one character. They could use a different variation but the vast majority doesn't and why is that, because some variations change the characters gameplay significantly.
If people learned every variation they wouldn't have to deal with really bad match-ups and they could still use the same character. That's a problem with people, not the mechanics. And to answer the why - people are too hung up on playing the so-called "best variation" whereas with some characters they don't have just one variation that covers all bases.

You saying that NRS made the variant system to revolve around a characters matchup strengths/weaknesses doesn't mean it's true
Uh, yes it is true. I don't know if you followed the game before release but when they started showing gameplay of the variations- no, actually, BEFORE they showed gameplay and allowed people to play it they were talking about how the variation system is in place so you didn't have to suffer through 8-2 matches. That is literally what NRS spoke about for a long time, it was a selling point.

Edit: but man, that's bouncing off subject. The point is, you think he isn't meant to have armor and I think he is. So I guess let's just leave it at that.
Let's leave it, then.

Scott The Scot

Kotal's fast pokes don't do anything in blood god when he has 0 mixups. That variation is bad.
Eh? What do mixups have to do with pokes? Use the fast pokes to punish or trip guard or beat out highs or SOMETIMES get out of pressure or control space by stopping people running at out. You're + on hit so it's your turn to do stuff.

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
Eh? What do mixups have to do with pokes? Use the fast pokes to punish or trip guard or beat out highs or SOMETIMES get out of pressure or control space by stopping people running at out. You're + on hit so it's your turn to do stuff.
Ok I hit him with a poke. Then I get nothing off of it. BG has no STUFF. He's only a whiff punisher and in this game whiff punishing isn't as good as it is in other fighting games.

ando1184

Noob
So you'd be happy if Kotal had armour that took 300 frames to startup and literally had no purpose, simply because it exists? Yet the parry exists and you're not happy with that - now you want it to be useful. Do you see where that line of thinking just doesn't really work? Having useful armour vs not useful armour is like saying: "Hey man do you have a car?" and the person replies "Yes, but it has no wheels and the engine doesn't work.", that guy isn't driving anyone to the cinema and he might as well say he doesn't haven't a car because there's no point in bringing it up if it doesn't serve a purpose.

No I haven't because I'd be smart enough to change to War God. That's why the variation system exists.

If people learned every variation they wouldn't have to deal with really bad match-ups and they could still use the same character. That's a problem with people, not the mechanics. And to answer the why - people are too hung up on playing the so-called "best variation" whereas with some characters they don't have just one variation that covers all bases.

Uh, yes it is true. I don't know if you followed the game before release but when they started showing gameplay of the variations- no, actually, BEFORE they showed gameplay and allowed people to play it they were talking about how the variation system is in place so you didn't have to suffer through 8-2 matches. That is literally what NRS spoke about for a long time, it was a selling point.

Let's leave it, then.
But the issue in this game is that there "is" characters that have variations that cover all bases. Using an over exaggerated analogy doesn't give weight to your opinion. Quan chi's teleport I have seen used to take a hit and turn the tides of the match, same with takeda. The point is, is that it's another tool/option for the scenario. NRS has said lots of things in the past but when the product is revealed, things were different. You can't go by what was said, actions speak louder than words bud. If ya wanna keep going with this debate just pm me . It's starting to look like just us in this forum lol.

Scott The Scot

Ok I hit him with a poke. Then I get nothing off of it. BG has no STUFF. He's only a whiff punisher and in this game whiff punishing isn't as good as it is in other fighting games.
You hit him with a poke then you are at the advantage - you do what you want to do, what would you normally do? How do you noramlly play your game? Use your advantage to bait something if you then whiff punish it if you like or pressure, whatever you want to do man. Whiff punishing's my primary source of combo starting lol.

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
You hit him with a poke then you are at the advantage - you do what you want to do, what would you normally do? How do you noramlly play your game? Use your advantage to bait something if you then whiff punish it if you like or pressure, whatever you want to do man. Whiff punishing's my primary source of combo starting lol.
That's what you aren't understanding. You play Cassie, if you get a poke you get a 50/50. Kotal doesn't have that luxury in Blood God.

Scott The Scot

But the issue in this game is that there "is" characters that have variations that cover all bases. Using an over exaggerated analogy doesn't give weight to your opinion.
You stating your opinion that my anaology is over-exagerated doesn't do you any favours other than establish that I know your opinion, mate.

NRS has said lots of things in the past but when the product is revealed, things were different. You can't go by what was said, actions speak louder than words bud.
Actions aren't always correct. But what NRS said, is - changing variations can be matchup changing, it can even make you win the matchup.

If ya wanna keep going with this debate just pm me . It's starting to look like just us in this forum lol.
Honestly, I don't. I don't think any of us are actually gaining anything from this. I know I'm not haha lol. Well, it was nice talking with you anyway - Good luck with your Kotal Khan endevours

Scott The Scot

That's what you aren't understanding. You play Cassie, if you get a poke you get a 50/50. Kotal doesn't have that luxury in Blood God.
I understand it perfectly well but what you're not understanding that a 50/50 isn't the only way to open people up. Walk up and grab them every time untill you condition them to push a button and then you can start your combo because you'll stuff there escape attempt and get a combo. It's not rocket science lol

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
So ppl who dont even main kotal or play bloodgod come here telling kotal players whats fine or not?
I dont go telling in other character forums to go pick another character or to shut up. I would be fucking embarrassed.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I understand it perfectly well but what you're not understanding that a 50/50 isn't the only way to open people up. Walk up and grab them every time untill you condition them to push a button and then you can start your combo because you'll stuff there escape attempt and get a combo. It's not rocket science lol
Congratulations, you arrived to the same conclusion this community arrived at in week 1.

Scott The Scot

Congratulations, you arrived to the same conclusion this community arrived at in week 1.
You think this is me just getting to this conclusion!? This is fighting game basics 101, I've been doing that in MK9. I'm done with thread lol.

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
i tryed to play kotal a little bit especially blood god and sun god and i feel it frustrating, he has no wake up game and he cant follow for a combo after his low string B2,4 or overhead B2,2,2, only can combo after unsafe mid attacks :(

ando1184

Noob
You stating your opinion that my anaology is over-exagerated doesn't do you any favours other than establish that I know your opinion, mate.

Actions aren't always correct. But what NRS said, is - changing variations can be matchup changing, it can even make you win the matchup.

Honestly, I don't. I don't think any of us are actually gaining anything from this. I know I'm not haha lol. Well, it was nice talking with you anyway - Good luck with your Kotal Khan endevours
Thanks, mate ;). Best wishes in yours as well

DoctorSexual

XBL: DoctorSexual PSN: Osh-Tek
You'd have to be extremely careful with how you'd add armor to BG. This is due to how powerful the damage totem is. With how easy is is to get the damage totem onscreen, you just cant give a character an easy no setup needed way to get 30+% off a single move. Just imagine if they gave sunstone armor. Every match would be, get totem out, eat an attack to get a free ex sunstone. Repeat x 2. Game over.

The only way to give him armor in a somewhat balanced way would be to add an armored single low damage hard knockdown move. Basically only to be used to wake up or get out of a corner with. Anything hard hitting and or launching for BG would just be overpowered as hell.

A single strike low damage knife chop that can be linked into from his basic strings could help. Low version which is a hard knockdown and mid version which leaves you at a similar advantage as DF3 from War on block and with a hard knockdown on hit. Ex version has armor and to make it fun and in line with the BG thing make it creates a .5% per second bleed effect on hit until the opponent blocks. This will create a meta of standing up with a block to immediately stop the bleed or going with a wakeup attack.

Do you play Kotal Kahn?

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
If blood god got armor he would be top tier, period. Use one of the best normal sets in MKX, punish for 44%. Kill in corner. Jesus. Lack mixup? 16% throw. Lack defensive options? Half damage and all dis meter. Add armor read, round can end in 20 seconds.

Scary as fuck