What's new

BREAKING: Erron Black (and others) supposedly Leaked on Reddit

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
Kotal has a human skin tone -- the blue is war paint (the comic is non-canon on this front). As Ko'atal before he took the throne he didn't wear it.
Say whaaat, really?! I always thought the blue is his natural color and the yellow/red accents are the war paint. And the comics definetely contributed to that. But you're right, the one skin definetely is human toned. That's almost as much of a revelation as the leaks to me right now :D

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
Man, this game looks so fucking cool, I can't wait. I'm sorry if the NRS guys feel like this derailed their ramp up, but I couldn't be more hype to get this game.

This is the only game where I've ever pre-ordered the premium version, and I couldn't feel better about it.

SubZeroIce

Runway
I'm really skeptical that any base roster MKX character will be paid DLC. That isn't generally how NRS rolls, unless you count Triborg who is something of a special case.

Rain similarly feels implausible if he isn't base roster, since he's been paid DLC before.
No I totally get that. I think it's gonna be rare since they haven't been known to do that at all (even with Injustice 2) but with this specific case and given what they said (popular characters in DLC), I think it's possible. At the end of the day, it's all about money and the DLC MKXL characters didn't do as well as they probably hoped for in comparison to the guest ones, so they need to up the ante there.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
It's also noteworthy that the user r00000r on gamefaq spoke about Frost getting a makeover long before anything else got spilled. Quote: "Frost is the "new iteration" character. It's not the same form of Frost we're used to."

Source: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/253573-mortal-kombat-11/77463872?page=8

I think most of what he said got confirmed with this leak anyways and there's not much additional info, but I'll go through this thread once more.

There's a new leak... I'll post what I have seen (Some of this is conflicting).

-CET's name is Cetrion
-Kronika is her mother
-She's rebelling against her mother because she believes that human life is worth fighting for
-Shinnok is her brother and Kronika's son
-Kronika wants Shinnok to win Armageddon
-Cetrion is a goddess of Life
-Kronika is a goddess of Time
-Shinnok is a god of Death

The other girls name is Cetrion. Her mother is Kronika and she is rebelling against her family because she believes that human life is worth fighting for. Shinnok is playable because he is Cetrion's brother, and Kronika's son. That's why Kronika wants him to win Armageddon.

Cetrion is deigned like Pateluna from Smash, or Lakshmi from FFXIV. She is an elemental, and is the Goddess of Life. Kronika is Time, Shinnok is Death, Cetrion is Life.

But yes, that list you posted is what we've heard. Shang and Mileena are secret. which will open spots when you unlock them.

Roster:

1. Scorpion
2. Sub-Zero
3. Raiden
4. Sonya
5. Baraka
6. Skarlet
7. Geras
8. Kabal
9. Kano
10. D’Vorah
11. Jade
12. Liu Kang
13. Kung Lao
14. Frost
15. Cassie
16. Jacqui
17. Erron Black
18. Kotal
19. Kollector
20. Cetrion
21. Kitana
22. Johnny
23. Noob
24. Jax
25. Shinnok
26. Mileena (unlockable)
27. Shang Tsung (unlockable)
Pre-Order: Shao Kahn

Additionally there's this:

-Rain is the unlockable.
-Fujin, Jax, & Mileena are DLC...not base. All MK character DLC's are decided and include Nightwolf, Havik & Sindel .
-Not being in the base doesn't exclude you from the story. Shinnok isn't in the roster at all.
So, this leak was true. Not sure about the additional part. It might be a different source.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
It's also noteworthy that the user r00000r on gamefaq spoke about Frost getting a makeover long before anything else got spilled. Quote: "Frost is the "new iteration" character. It's not the same form of Frost we're used to."

Source: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/253573-mortal-kombat-11/77463872?page=8

I think most of what he said got confirmed with this leak anyways and there's not much additional info, but I'll go through this thread once more.
I believe it, with all the "but how will she play different to Sub?!" questions everyone has.

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
Takeda and Kung Jin being one and done characters still doesn’t make any sense to me. MKX roster was about “The New Class” and passing the torch. They were extremely popular and the story was hyping them up as the next front runners to be MK champions. I don’t know. I’m still salty I guess.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I've never been one to trust leaks but this one seems very true.

34 spaces which Includes Shao Kahn should make 35. Since NRS has been increasing the launch rosters for a very long time since MK v DC up until I2.

Also if this is a leak. And all the buzz surrounding it. Then I'm glad. It means y'all sit and wait and speculate on moves and specials. Good this is what most of you needed. It's the 23rd and you opened your presents early.

If this also is true. It looks good on NRS. They got the most rabid fans out here. Breaking NDA's. Leaking rosters. Creating leaks and everything else.

They take too long to reveal things and troll you to scour the ends of the internet like a giant scavenger hunt. It's hilarious to read 20+ pages of it.

So I hope for all of your sakes this is true and those that didn't make the cut... Well there's always dlc.

I miss Ferra/Torr and I'm def bummed about Reptile but maybe he still has a shot as DLC.
Don't appreciate Kung Jin and Takeda missing the cut but Cass and Jacqui are there+Frost, not really fair to them.

That aside, this roster...aint that bad. It's so much better than the Vanilla Roster to MKX.

Kotal looks like Kotal should (teal skin) and we got a new blue boy joining the roster. I really want to see what Kollector is all about.

Gamer68

Fujin!
https://twitter.com/PNDMustard/status/1101286027371728896

Jake Neal @MK11 (@PNDMustard)
Whoever is responsible for these leaked screenshots should be punished by the full extent of whatever NDA they signed permits. End this pricks career and make an example of them.
I mean, they broke NDA and leaked a ton of stuff for an upcoming AAA game. If they are ever caught, they probably will be severely punished and put on a blacklist for game devs, publishers, etc.

mikeraskol

Beverly Hills High Class of 2010 Valedictorian
Are you guys serious?

Shao was literally the third thing they showed after the initial game announcement.
I thought it was pretty clear I was being sarcastic - I was hoping for a clearer image of something new like his items or something.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
https://twitter.com/PNDMustard/status/1101286027371728896

Jake Neal @MK11 (@PNDMustard)
Whoever is responsible for these leaked screenshots should be punished by the full extent of whatever NDA they signed permits. End this pricks career and make an example of them.
Eh, whatever they say about leaks it hypes people more than their kombat kasts. It’s too slow. They should have done one KK and one trailer a week at least. I’m getting the deluxe edition now just cause of Cass (who was obvious) and Noob. So thanks to whoever lost his job as a game tester.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I thought it was pretty clear I was being sarcastic - I was hoping for a clearer image of something new like his items or something.
I do agree with you though.

Who gives a fuck about seeing Kano or Liu, we already know they’re gonna look the same as always for the most part.

I don’t get why dude didn’t screen cap the vital shit like new Jacqui and new Frost and new charcaters.