What's new

BREAKING: Erron Black (and others) supposedly Leaked on Reddit

Obviously. I'm just pointing out that MK9 has a better roster. MK11 could have had a better roster even with the inclusion of the interesting MKX characters (D'Vorah, Erron Black) without including the garbage ones (Jacqui, Cassie). But they included the kombat kids, hence my criticism.

All in my opinion of course.
It's kinda unfair to compare this roster to 9 imo....i mean it's literally the entire OT. How can you compete with that.

Yeah, I believe the leak is legit. Cetrion and The Kollector turn out to be legit, turns out Jax is in the game after all, select screen in the leaked image implies there are 3 hidden characters and the leak said there was 3 hidden characters.

Here's the roster visualized:

Wait? Where’s the evidence for Shinnok?

Bruh why you wait to complain about Sub-Zero's hat until now like ok lmfao. You just picking and choosing stuff to be mad at.
My complaints are contingent upon this representing the character select screen. I even specifically mentioned the character select screen in that specific criticism.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
There are some, in my opinion, slightly subpar choices but we don't know how they'll play. But at the same time, there are some amazing choices and I'm hype af. Can't wait for launch. I feel bad for NRS, but I also wish they would just announce the roster, then show off gameplay on the kasts. Then there isn't much to leak.

A leak came out like a week ago that claimed the base roster had 28 characters (including Shao Kahn), and called Cetrion, The Kollector, and Jax being in the game. Same leak said that Shinnok, Shang Tsung, and Mileena were in the game.
I'm still slighlty sceptical re Shinnok, Shang and Mileena being secret characters. These pictures have been doing the rounds for a few weeks on Discord, the gamefaqs leaker could have added them in. It just seems highly coincidental that a character like Mileena is a secret unlockable.

Frost is probably not bald guys its been said 90000000 times this is an older build and many of those characters do not have their equipment - it's likely that her hair is changeable.

However, the response is so annoying I want them to keep her as a bald icy maskless Vader because (1) its rad as fuck and (2) seems to trigger people who need flowing icy hair for some reason?
I'll never understand this mindset. Why do you get joy from someone being "triggered?" Some people just prefer long hair, it's really ok to have that opinion.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Just to spread some positivity (because people only seem to want to post if it's negative for the last few pages) -

- I honestly think this is my favorite roster in a Mortal Kombat ever.

Yes ever.

Rave all you want about MK9, but that game had Sheeva, Stryker, and Cyber Sub Zero. Only 3 misses, and still great in my eyes.

I love absolutely love everyone they chose for MK11 though.

Would I have replaced Jacqui with Sindel? 10000% yes. That's just one miss for me. Guess what though? When they finally do reveal Jacqui, she'll probably be so badass that I'd change my mind about her altogether.

NRS knocked it out of the fucking park. They really did choose all the fan favorites from the past 9 years and even brought back Frost for people who NEED the nostalgia from the bad 3D MK games.

I'm stoked af. I honestly couldn't be happier.

Last edited:
I'll never understand this mindset. Why do you get joy from someone being "triggered?" Some people just prefer long hair, it's really ok to have that opinion.
I prefer long hair too. Given all the cool stuff we've just got leaked its just a little frustrsting to see people focus on the hair of a female character...again. Nothing wrong with having a mass of negative opinions but it's just kinda a buzz kill lol

mikeraskol

Beverly Hills High Class of 2010 Valedictorian
Is it wrong to have certain aesthetic opinions on this site? I am new here, but that seems unreasonable. I'm getting a lot of push back from stating my thoughts and it's a bit puzzling to me.
What do you want people to say? You're throwing out opinions like this wonderful gem:

What is that blue thing called the Collector? Looks like some Avatar reject. Be more creative next time.

If you can't re-read that and understand why its ridiculous I'm not sure what to say. I'm all for cogent criticism and you're free to have any opinion you want but come on. You're complaining about Frost's hair 21 pages in when the issue has already been discussed and its almost 100% certain she's not actually bald, and you're tossing out absurd things like the above.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
My complaints are contingent upon this representing the character select screen. I even specifically mentioned the character select screen in that specific criticism.
You're just complaining about dumb shit though. Like, the character select screen. Were you not here like...a month ago when the select screen was revealed? Why wait and air your grievances now. You're just trying to make your argument longer, like, it's petty. "SKarLET'S GOt a BaG OVeR heR HeAd! SuB HAs A HAt oN tHE SEleCT ScReEN!!!"

Like just petty stuff

I prefer long hair too. Given all the cool stuff we've just got leaked its just a little frustrsting to see people focus on the hair of a female character...again. Nothing wrong with having a mass of negative opinions but it's just kinda a buzz kill lol
I can understand that. To be fair though, I didn't just post about Frost. I listed a bunch of criticisms that I have with the roster.

This is an MK fansite though, so I suppose I should expect people to attack criticism, even though that criticism may be perfectly sound. And people probably just lump me in with shitposters from other sites, which is understandable given the nature of the internet.

GATHER some REDDIT rumored leaks to go along with this stuff(take w/ a grain of salt)--------

NRS is/was fully aware of those videos criticizing their animations, Erron Black being the one that was focused on the most. It's why MK11's cinematics have improved a ton with the cinematics, the intros, the winposes, the fatalities, how the characters behave while fighting, standing, etc. Color was another thing that was criticized with MKX

Erron Black was their first character they decided to bring back from MKX, mostly because of his popularity but also because of those videos. One of his fatalities is called Bullseye; think the James Bond intro but it involves shooting out the opponent's eye.

Sub Zero was added into Injustice 2 as a test for Noob in this game. A lot of Sub Zero's new moves from Injustice 2 are given to Noob here, like the clone divekick.

Noob has customizable gear which makes him resemble Sub Zero from the movie.

Shao Kahn, Baraka and Erron Black are time displaced; all from the past.

Shao Kahn's hammer variation is full of slow and unblockable moves. Another variation gives him taunts that buff his stats, or affect the opponent's stats.

Baraka's voice was lowered in pitch to differentiate from MKX Reptile after many fans pointed it out. Reptile will have a new english vo
Sorry, this info was orginally posted on Gamefaqs by a well known troll. You'll have to disregard it.

You're just complaining about dumb shit though. Like, the character select screen. Were you not here like...a month ago when the select screen was revealed? Why wait and air your grievances now. You're just trying to make your argument longer, like, it's petty. "SKarLET'S GOt a BaG OVeR heR HeAd! SuB HAs A HAt oN tHE SEleCT ScReEN!!!"

Like just petty stuff

I don't know why this is so hard to follow for you?

To my knowledge, this is the first image of a potential final character select screen. Hence, now is a reasonable time for me to air criticisms of the character select screen. This thread seems like the correct place to give my thoughts.

Your characterization of my criticisms as petty is fine, but for what it's worth, I'm not trying to be a shitposter.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
I don't know why this is so hard to follow for you?

To my knowledge, this is the first image of a potential final character select screen. Hence, now is a reasonable time for me to air criticisms of the character select screen. This thread seems like the correct place to give my thoughts.

Your characterization of my criticisms as petty is fine, but for what it's worth, I'm not trying to be a shitposter.
But we've seen the character select screen this whole time it's just added characters. You're saying it's drab or colorless, but it's been the same since January.

I don't think anybody expected a completely different select screen.