What's new

Breaking Bad (SPOILERS!)

LionHeart V1

You will feel deaths cold embrace
You implied the walking dead wasnt original and breaking bas was. Thats not true.
I was talking about The Walking Dead being being based on the Comic book, it already has an audience that would watch the show. People new about the walking dead before the show.

Breaking Bad however really no one really new about. What's going to get more coverage, zombies or a teacher selling crystal meth. Lets be realistic here. TWD (which I love) will appeal to a wider variety of people.

And too be honest. Nothing is original anymore anyway. Everything is a remix.

jaym7018

Noob
I was talking about The Walking Dead being being based on the Comic book, it already has an audience that would watch the show. People new about the walking dead before the show.

Breaking Bad however really no one really new about. What's going to get more coverage, zombies or a teacher selling crystal meth. Lets be realistic here. TWD (which I love) will appeal to a wider variety of people.

And too be honest. Nothing is original anymore anyway. Everything is a remix.
I agree the premise is more appealing, obviously thats true. Comics are a dead medium walking dead wasnt popular before the show thats crazy talk.

People really need to stop talking like walt had multiple personality disorder. Its hilariously offbase.

The man Walter White has two characters he plays. Mr White, the meek, pleasant man he appeared to be to his family, students and colleges...and Heisenberg, a power fantasy that strokes his ego. Even as far as the final season, Walter was able to slip back into the the part of Mr White in the confession video he sent to Hank and Maria.

What we saw in the last episode was not Mr White or Heisenberg but Walter White.

jaym7018

Noob
The man Walter White has two characters he plays. Mr White, the meek, pleasant man he appeared to be to his family, students and colleges...and Heisenberg, a power fantasy that strokes his ego. Even as far as the final season, Walter was able to slip back into the the part of Mr White in the confession video he sent to Hank and Maria.

What we saw in the last episode was not Mr White or Heisenberg but Walter White.
No. All of the writers and cranston laughed when the topic of multiple personality disorder came up. The purpose of the flashbask to a young walter and skylar white was there for the purpose of showing walt always was capable of these things. This isnt a jekyll and hyde story.

LionHeart V1

I agree the premise is more appealing, obviously thats true. Comics are a dead medium walking dead wasnt popular before the show thats crazy talk.
What? The walking dead wasn't popular before the TV show? Now that's crazy talk. Of course its not at the level as it is now but to say it wasn't a popular comic book is ridiculous.

No. All of the writers and cranston laughed when the topic of multiple personality disorder came up. The purpose of the flashbask to a young walter and skylar white was there for the purpose of showing walt always was capable of these things. This isnt a jekyll and hyde story.

Multiple personalities and pretending to be someone or something else is not the same thing jay. Walt constantly lies to others and himself about his motives and goals. That is why the final scene between Walt and Skyler is so important. He stops acting to her and to himself. He discards his two props (Mr White and Heisenberg) and starts being honest.

Nothing to do with multiple personalities.

jaym7018

Noob
What? The walking dead wasn't popular before the TV show? Now that's crazy talk. Of course its not at the level as it is now but to say it wasn't a popular comic book is ridiculous.
No comic book is popular. The highest selling comic book in august sold 200k copies thats not popular. And walking dead was nowhere near the most popular comic book before the show. Walking dead this august sold 70k copies thats not even remotely popular and thats with the show being out. Now stop the crazy talk.

jaym7018

Noob
Multiple personalities and pretending to be someone or something else is not the same thing jay. Walt constantly lies to others and himself about his motives and goals. That is why the final scene between Walt and Skyler is so important. He stops acting to her and to himself. He discards his two props (Mr White and Heisenberg) and starts being honest.

Nothing to do with multiple personalities.
I agree with that. Its just walt acting. But there are those that think walt and heisenberg are seperate entities.in this topic even.

LionHeart V1

No comic book is popular. The highest selling comic book in august sold 200k copies thats not popular. And walking dead was nowhere near the most popular comic book before the show. Walking dead this august sold 70k copies thats not even remotely popular and thats with the show being out. Now stop the crazy talk.
Is it a million buys? 500K copies? How do we determine what popularity is strictly talking comics. Are we gonna compare everything to the time X-men sold 6 million copies or whatever the amount it was?

jaym7018

Noob
Is it a million buys? 500K copies? How do we determine what popularity is strictly talking comics. Are we gonna compare everything to the time X-men sold 6 million copies or whatever the amount it was?
Issue 113 of the walking dead came out in august it sold 70 thousand copies. In main stream pop culture that is nothing thats even remotely close to being considered popular. Comics are a dead medium in pop culture this is fact its a niche form of entertainment at best.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
While I tend to disagree about some of what jaym7018 has said about all of this, I agree that the Aryans (not "natzis") avoiding checking the trunk feels a bit contrived. However, it didn't bother me anymore than Walt going all Batman to see Skylar and his Grey Matter buddies even though Walt's health was in the shitter.

While it might be enough to ruin the ending for some, I still thought it was well executed and impactful.

Li1mightymouse

super-squishii
The shield and its ending was better,just sayin :coffee:
Ok I was reading some post until I got to this. I'm gonna agree on one thing, The Shield is my favorite TV show of all time, and IMO is way better then Breaking Bad, and I love this show too. But saying The Shields ending was better then Breaking Bad's is really funny. Of course I loved the whole Claudette punking Vic, and Ronnie freaking out moment was amazing, but that ending with Vic in the office just dragged and it was God awful to watch. Yes Vic lost everything, and he was put in a place to him that was worse then jail or death, but I still believed he deserved MUCH MUCH worse then what he got in the end. I would even go out of a lim and say that he was more evil and selfish then Walt. He deserved to die, he killed, technically sold drugs, took advantage of women, took advantage of people(even his own friends), and he did it all for himself. Hell, he let got two partners killed (One in his own way he was happy he died (Shane)) and got one put in jail for everything HE did. He got off WAY easy.

So yeah Shield as a show > Breaking Bad

Shield's ending < Breaking Bad's ending

jaym7018

Noob
Ok I was reading some post until I got to this. I'm gonna agree on one thing, The Shield is my favorite TV show of all time, and IMO is way better then Breaking Bad, and I love this show too. But saying The Shields ending was better then Breaking Bad's is really funny. Of course I loved the whole Claudette punking Vic, and Ronnie freaking out moment was amazing, but that ending with Vic in the office just dragged and it was God awful to watch. Yes Vic lost everything, and he was put in a place to him that was worse then jail or death, but I still believed he deserved MUCH MUCH worse then what he got in the end. I would even go out of a lim and say that he was more evil and selfish then Walt. He deserved to die, he killed, technically sold drugs, took advantage of women, took advantage of people(even his own friends), and he did it all for himself. He got off WAY easy.

So yeah Shield as a show > Breaking Bad

Shield's ending < Breaking Bad's ending
I disagree vic inside the holding room confessing to every wrong thing hes ever done was epic. The final scene was also perfect you said it yourself to vic his fate is worse than death or jail and id agree with that, but then you say he deserved worse which makes no sense since his fate was worse than jail or death. Whats worse than something worse than jail and death?

You say he deserved to die. But to him hed prefer death to what he got. He got the worst punishment possible.

Li1mightymouse

super-squishii
I said to
I disagree vic inside the holding room confessing to every wrong thing hes ever done was epic. The final scene was also perfect you said it yourself to vic his fate is worse than death or jail and id agree with that, but then you say he deserved worse which makes no sense since his fate was worse than jail or death. Whats worse than something worse than jail and death?

You say he deserved to die. But to him had prefer death to what he got. He got the worst punishment possible.
Like I said to "Him" his fate was worse then death. As a viewer and seeing everything as a whole, yes he deserved to die. And that confession scene wasn't the finale, I believe it was the third to the last episode when he confessed(and yes that probably was the best scene in the series imo, 2nd Ronnie getting arrested).

As finales go though compared to Breaking Bad, I believe Breaking Bad had a much better finale. I mean that whole busting that Drug Lord guy in the first half of the second hour was so boring imo I honestly didn't care about that scene at all.

Also just a funny thing, is it just me, or when ever Shield pops back up in my head again all I can think of is Aceveda on his knees..you know...doing...yeah..LOL

jaym7018

Noob
I said to

Like I said to "Him" his fate was worse then death. As a viewer and seeing everything as a whole, yes he deserved to die. And that confession scene wasn't the finale, I believe it was the third to the last episode when he confessed(and yes that probably was the best scene in the series imo, 2nd Ronnie getting arrested).

As finales go though compared to Breaking Bad, I believe Breaking Bad had a much better finale.

Also just a funny thing, is it just me, or when ever Shield pops back up in my head again all I can think of is Aceveda on his knees..you know...doing...yeah..LOL
I know it wasnt the finale but it was still the end. See i look at it as he deserves the worst possible punishment that he can think of not that what i can think of. Kind of like how Jesse couldve killed Walt but he didnt cause to walt jesse saying fuck you do it yourself was a worse punishment. I dont think ive seen Acevada act in anything since that,lol. When i think of Shield i think of the fucked shit shane did at the end with his family which is crazy cause when i see boyd in justified i dont think of shane at all which is a tribute to how awesome both characters are.