What's new

Brainiac Living Guide Thread

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
27:30 is what I'm talking about. It almost has juggle property, especially in the corner...maybe an IA divekick can hit...maybe a quick long range normal?
Maybe? Looks like it knocks the opponent a little too far and recovers just a little too slow for anything but the fastest jab, and I'm not sure he has a normal with that speed+reach combined. But, maybe a drone launched early with the charge (would have to be early since the charge moves the screen so much, increasing the time for the projectile to hit, like you would probably have to release the drone while starting the move). In the corner though, that looks like combo city.

It's sounding like his delayed drones will allow him to combo off of pretty much anything, and possibly make all of his blockstrings and specials either safe or advantage.
For sure, really liking the idea of using them to keep up pressure on block strings. His gameplay is going to be all about getting a drone stocked and then using it for dirty shit.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
As in he can combo, like if he does it closest range to opponent, it doesn't push them back too far and they stay in air longer seems like so he can confirm it into a normal
Holy shit, that not only sounds powerful, but also fun as hell to play. Holding that charge. It also sounds different and complicated enough to keep too many people from jumping on the Brainiac train. I'm officially stoked to get my hands on this character.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Holy shit, that not only sounds powerful, but also fun as hell to play. Holding that charge. It also sounds different and complicated enough to keep too many people from jumping on the Brainiac train. I'm officially stoked to get my hands on this character.
Ofc it's all speculative but from the closest range, like canceled from a string up close, it definitely looks like a string can combo from it.

FinalBoss_FGC

Maybe? Looks like it knocks the opponent a little too far and recovers just a little too slow for anything but the fastest jab, and I'm not sure he has a normal with that speed+reach combined. But, maybe a drone launched early with the charge (would have to be early since the charge moves the screen so much, increasing the time for the projectile to hit, like you would probably have to release the drone while starting the move). In the corner though, that looks like combo city.

For sure, really liking the idea of using them to keep up pressure on block strings. His gameplay is going to be all about getting a drone stocked and then using it for dirty shit.
Watch the video I shared, you can see that how far away you are from the opponent varies the distance away they are pushed. He did one closer up and he walks back while the opponent is still in the air just over halfway down...he has quick hitting mids

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
Will you be playing on ps4? If so, let me know if you want a training partner. I'm getting the game at 9pm central and plan on immediately taking Brainiac into the lab.
I might pick up the game tomorrow. If not I'll be playing brainiac by about 5pm next Monday. I'll share whatever I got in the Uprise chat

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I have been rewatching the stream and is it just me or does Steve make it sound like the normal divekick is somewhat safe on block (if you don't MB), when talking about instant air divekick he says:"you will have to...on block commit to the MB part so you aren't safe"
It was probably just a flub on his part, probably meant the opposite
He was saying you have to meter burn dive kick in the air, you can't hit confirm it into combo. He said earlier in the stream that the dive kick itself is unsafe as well. Just saying its an unsafe opener I believe. (Trait can probly fix that tho)
Um, what? I'm watching the footage for the first time and they literally say "he doesn't have a way to start a combo other than a bounce" (referring to f2/b2). Wtf? [edit: well now they are doing combos with him, so that was just factually incorrect information at the start of the stream...]
He was saying its the only way to get a combo off the low opener.

God Confirm

Is there a Brainiac discord yet?
https://discord.gg/72s2J8z
It's pretty cool up in here come join :D

I along with a few others I know of won't be posting tech anywhere but Discord, not interested in feeding TYM's whining and inability to lab this time around.

On another note, Brainiac looks sick, disappointed by the walk speed but a big fan of everything else. There will be a lot of depth here. If a well timed drone can leave him plus after one of his long mids he can effectively apply his mixes from full screen.

FinalBoss_FGC

https://discord.gg/72s2J8z
It's pretty cool up in here come join :D

I along with a few others I know of won't be posting tech anywhere but Discord, not interested in feeding TYM's whining and inability to lab this time around.

On another note, Brainiac looks sick, disappointed by the walk speed but a big fan of everything else. There will be a lot of depth here. If a well timed drone can leave him plus after one of his long mids he can effectively apply his mixes from full screen.
I played Kung Jin, I don't need great ground movement lol

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
Do you guys think he will be a complete character? Like be able to deal with zoners, footsies pressure etc?
He has great footsie tools, a combination of air dash, dive kick, and delayed projectile to deal with zoners, and a safe no-risk reversal (as long as you're willing to burn meter). Seems like a fairly strong kit to me.

God Confirm

Do you guys think he will be a complete character? Like be able to deal with zoners, footsies pressure etc?
I think he could struggle against someone pushing heavy offense up close since he apparently lacks armor. He will most definitely be able to regulate the first two things you mentioned though, and probably better than anyone.