What's new

Brainiac Living Guide Thread

Arzumis

Noob
To play braniac better I think its better to switch trait and flip stance for easier time. I hate having to hold 4 and then do othet shit.

YoungTeezy 305

Work Hard Play Hard
All of the notable moves I noticed: (su = start-up, ba = block advantage, ha = hit advantage; mb = meter-burn)

7-frame standing 1

7-frame low

9-frame mid

His amazing d2 is a 10-frame mid; it's -19, but cancelable

b2 is an 18-frame cancelable high that hits twice and is only -3 on block, so may be good for blowing up armor

b3 is -3 ba, 26 su; f3 is +3 ba, 29 su

His j2 (tentacle ball) has 19 active frames

12u2 is a 7-frame launcher that's -15 on block, so good for confirmable punishes

no neutral or plus strings

air-swing starts up in 1 frame

Tendril Thrash 14-frame, Unblockable, 35 ha

Dox Drill 20 su, 9 active, -15ba, 27ha; mb is +1ba; possibly a good option for meaties, though I think he's going to have almost too many oki options already

Divekick 5 su, -15 ba, 7 ha; mb -8 ba, 56 ha

Charge 13 su, -13 ba, 44 ha; mb -3 ba

Drone: 10 su, -3 ba, 10 ha

Drone Bomb: 81 su, 70 ba!!! 81 ha!!!

Overall, he has a ton of mids and low-starters, but no overheads other than f3 and Divekick. It seems like he'll be opening up opponents with drone block-string pressure, low pressure into yolo divekicks, and whiff punishing with his superior range and footsies. Most of his strings and specials have enough hit advantage for drone setups.

I was worried about how he would deal with being pressured, as he's described as rather slow, but you really can't beat having a 7-frame safe (-4) low-starter...
F2 is a high, B2 is a mid. Brainiac was on the right side of the screen.

so does anyone who has the game early have anything they can share about the character?) I will be glad to receive some Brainiac-related pm.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
so does anyone who has the game early have anything they can share about the character?) I will be glad to receive some Brainiac-related pm.
I've received some information, most of it unfortunate..but I'm not going to the bank with it because day 1 patch

FinalBoss_FGC

What's so unfortunate? Come on, come on I need to know)
Well the good news is (I updated the Trait post with it), you can hold the trait for 6.5-7 seconds.

Bad news, it goes away if you get hit or if you block.

You can't combo into trait hold and continue comboing from what I've seen (maybe a f3, d2 at highest point~trait combo will work but idk)

His mid hitting projectile bomb right now is +70 lmao probably changing on day 1

Most combos start from divekick so far, his one pop-up string (12u2) scales heavily.

Divekick has 5 start up frames like Kung Jin's and regular divekick doesn't seem comboable mid combo thus far.

There's enough hit advantage on most strings to cancel into trait safely...even for them to be forced to block the trait to continue pressure or maintain spacing, but most block strings will result in around -13ish on block at best.

YoungTeezy 305

Work Hard Play Hard
He's not looking strong based on the frame data and mimimal combo extenders. High-risk for very little reward.

I'm still gonna ride the Brain Train!

The key is going to be finding setups that lead to setups, good spacing, patience at full screen, and good meter usage.

FinalBoss_FGC

He's not looking strong based on the frame data and mimimal combo extenders. High-risk for very little reward.

I'm still gonna ride the Brain Train!

The key is going to be finding setups that lead to setups, good spacing, patience at full screen, and good meter usage.
On hit, String~trait dash and grab will be important

Well the good news is (I updated the Trait post with it), you can hold the trait for 6.5-7 seconds.

Bad news, it goes away if you get hit or if you block.

You can't combo into trait hold and continue comboing from what I've seen (maybe a f3, d2 at highest point~trait combo will work but idk)

His mid hitting projectile bomb right now is +70 lmao probably changing on day 1

Most combos start from divekick so far, his one pop-up string (12u2) scales heavily.

Divekick has 5 start up frames like Kung Jin's and regular divekick doesn't seem comboable mid combo thus far.

There's enough hit advantage on most strings to cancel into trait safely...even for them to be forced to block the trait to continue pressure or maintain spacing, but most block strings will result in around -13ish on block at best.
Do you mean if you have trait on hold and block something- you ain't got nothing on hold!?

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
The biggest issue in my opinion is that his stored drone goes away on block. I can understand not allowing him to release it while he's in block stun, but come on!

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I've got no problem with the holding input (I actually think that will make him a lot of fun to play). But if trait goes away on block, when the fuck are you supposed to use it?

wouldn't it just eb a free combos breaker If you could release the drone on block or does it have a special animation that would require you to stop blocking