What's new

SALTY Bradycast - The Alien Outcry & Various Game Balance Thoughts

WarlordRenegade

Founder of Team Renegade
Think about how much this would further tip the scales in favor of rush down fast meter building characters. I really don't see a way around the fact that if NRS truly wanted to "buff" defense, they would simply need to nerf offense.
I do understand your point, I'm not disagreeing offense needs to be toned down across the board. But it wouldn't hurt that much buffing the block breakers because its simply making it more usable, those characters who build more meter and have stupid plus block gleams traps have that stuff anyways so unless that is toned down I don't see how it would help one character more than another. Besides some characters don't have stupid plus on block strings so the need to block breaker them is less important but it would help all characters against someone like alien who can just get in your face free and block trap you for free, at least that would reset the neutral on him and try again

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
it doesn't matter if the safe mix up only does 7%. It's a knock down into more pressure and more opportunities to condition and mix up for higher damage (easily)

I don't know why you are so stuck on the 7% thing lol

Btw I don't think Alien is broken or should be banned, but please admit he is braindead as fuck and needs half a brain to be effective lol

@Tweedy

Note: I find him weird to wake up on. Sometimes the timing is off and nothing comes out. Don't know what it is.
she is. i play her and she is braindead af especially tarkatan lol. only one that requires brain thoughts is konjurer and i play that one 90% of the time. i still find myself mindlessly f134 into tail snag or flip lol.

Besides that, I think Alien's damage is below average
LOL WAT. tarkatan gets 40% midscreen 1 bar, acidic gets 40% METERLESS in the corner, and 42% midscreen 1 bar, konjurer gets 36% midscreen and if reset with facehugger, she gets 60+ .. bruh wat is going on are u okay?

MKX is their magnum opus
I don't think so. Melee doesn't have people crying about how broken the game is. We melee players just all agree that it's pretty perfect. I also don't think mk9 was either, only because of the character balance though. Mainly kabal. That's the only reason we left. We'd probably still be playing today if kabal was toned down and cyrax had his reset taken out. Those are the main things. I think nrs can definitely make a better game than mkx and mk9. As long as they keep getting better, I think it's bound to happen.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I agree. And thats a good point and the main reason I enjoyed Bradys vid. It didnt, imo, sound biased or scornful. It sounded fair and with interest only in balance.

Not really. The sai makes it kinda so the -26 is irrelevant. You're cancelling an unsafe teleport, on block, into a safe special. As I understand it, anyway. Which isn't cool breh :p
Sai isnt safe from telekick, also telekick into sai = 13%
Uppercut punish on telekick = 14%

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I don't think so. Melee doesn't have people crying about how broken the game is. We melee players just all agree that it's pretty perfect. I also don't think mk9 was either, only because of the character balance though. Mainly kabal. That's the only reason we left. We'd probably still be playing today if kabal was toned down and cyrax had his reset taken out. Those are the main things. I think nrs can definitely make a better game than mkx and mk9. As long as they keep getting better, I think it's bound to happen.
NRS players are going to fucking cry even if the game is perfectly balanced

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
NRS players are going to fucking cry even if the game is perfectly balanced
this... seriously one of the most cry baby wanker communities ever. There are only a few tent pole community members that pull it out of this mellow drama face plant. People that actually play the game. 1/2 the characters that people complain about have never won jack shit, and barely get into top 8. There is actual money on the line. HUGE money... if all these guys were broken then why wouldn't they all be used.. also.. they can not ALL be broken.. if you go through a thread like this you see nearly the entire cast is mentioned. It is just pathetic.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
this... seriously one of the most cry baby wanker communities ever. There are only a few tent pole community members that pull it out of this mellow drama face plant. People that actually play the game. 1/2 the characters that people complain about have never won jack shit, and barely get into top 8. There is actual money on the line. HUGE money... if all these guys were broken then why wouldn't they all be used.. also.. they can not ALL be broken.. if you go through a thread like this you see nearly the entire cast is mentioned. It is just pathetic.
hmmm... i agree with what you are saying, just not your supporting logic... this scene is tiny and there is like only 30 players or so out there with even the POTENTIAL to win something big, let alone the likelihood... at the end of the day you have to get through some pretty big players to win stuff no matter how op the character is, good luck even getting a chance to press your buttons against someone like Sonic... only a few of the top tier players jump tiers, a lot of them know you basically have to relearn the game when you pick a new main, and even a months experience with a better character is still going to leave you less comfortable than someone with a years experience in their mid tier main... I mean, SonicFox doesn't tier hop, he plays characters that have the tools he wants... HoneyBee, TB, Madzin, etc, definitely didn't pick who they thought was the most broken and stuck with their mains... its not hard to see why even the most OP characters in the game aren't necessarily going to dominate the tournament scene.

However, this community is all tears, and its encouraged by its relatively terrible balance dev Paulo, the King of Kneejerks.

champdee

Noob
breathing hitboxes is/was the worst idea ever to put in this game... sfv doesn't have it and barely if not any hitbox issues exist.. (paulos vision) :p

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
You forgot 47 frame start up. :coffee:

She can't just throw it out willy nilly in fear of a jip or armor attack. Not a zoning tool either, since ye can run right through it.
But it DOES trade favorably with many projectiles. In some cases allowing her to be hit by a projectile and still run in for a small combo.

So there's that.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
still can not believe how much they fucked up her face putting those human lips on her... just looks stoooopid. Pretty much the only bad cosmetic design in the game. It just looks terrible....

Think they did it just so they could do this scene?