What's new

SALTY Bradycast - The Alien Outcry & Various Game Balance Thoughts

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
definitely not on the same level as Mileena, no

I thought his air charge was safe? if it just makes it harder to punish but still unsafe, then meh. thats fine
Idk... it staggers you back on block. I just played a sektor today and, unless it crossed up in a wierd way after blocking it, i couldn't reach him before he recovered.

Sektor option is not in the same level as Mileena's teleport sai-no sai mindgame. She gets it free, that's dumb.
Sektor spends a bar for it, and if his air charge is blocked he can get punished, he's at -15.
Yeah I still think sektors Tele cancel into charge is fair. It costs a bar and you are negative on block. The distance hr pushes back can be a problem for some characters I guess, but I think their is people who could punish it with a fast projectile or something.

Not 100% sure because I haven't tested it with the whole cast.

-edit-

I don't think he can do teleport cancel into charge anytime either. Maybe my timing was off but even when I was doing f13, Tele if it was blocked I couldn't do mb charge to make my Tele safe-ish.

So does it work all the time or only under certain conditions?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
The teleport or the charge? Either way if Im blocking a combo starting teleport I should get a free punish without an unecessary guessing game. Teleports should have been MK9 punishable in this game, you sit there spinning in the air for 2 whole seconds, no squirming your way out of a punish with gimmicks
The charge requires meter. Essentially you meter burn it.

Almost like Quan's runes or Shinnok's hell sparks.

Kroaken

The charge requires meter. Essentially you meter burn it.

Almost like Quan's runes or Shinnok's hell sparks.
Both of which are projectile type moves. Teleports imo shouldnt be safe. At least I'm accustomed to them not being safe. Scorpion can mb his tele all day. Doesn't make it safe.

Half of my issue with it most likely comes from it happening after I've played the missle obstacle course for half the round before losing my one chance to punish what is otherwise an unsafe tele.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Both of which are projectile type moves. Teleports imo shouldnt be safe. At least I'm accustomed to them not being safe. Scorpion can mb his tele all day. Doesn't make it safe.

Half of my issue with it most likely comes from it happening after I've played the missle obstacle course for half the round before losing my one chance to punish what is otherwise an unsafe tele.
Scorpion can EX his Tele, but not MB it. It's a slight distinction but kind of important in this circumstance.

Anyway, I hardly think sektor is broken even with this in the game. It's all relative really. I mean yeah it frustrating, but looking at everything everyone else has, it's not exactly broken or all that unfair.

Kroaken

Scorpion can EX his Tele, but not MB it. It's a slight distinction but kind of important in this circumstance.

Anyway, I hardly think sektor is broken even with this in the game. It's all relative really. I mean yeah it frustrating, but looking at everything everyone else has, it's not exactly broken or all that unfair.
Sorry for usng the wrong term. I understand what you mean. And I think he's fine as he is. Again, I'm just accustomed to see tele>block tele>punish tele. But now its like... block tele>punish tele>oh I'm sorry, what was that? Its not my turn still? Oh okay. And I'm chest bumped back to fullscreen as well you say? Neato.

It appears I'm salty lol.

Kroaken

But charge does
What I think he means is that, while hellsparks and rune can be meterburned to be made safe, thats no big deal because they dont lead to such a large reward without the mb. Sektor tele raw already is highly rewarding on hit. So, on block, should be highly risky.

I think.

What I think he means is that, while hellsparks and rune can be meterburned to be made safe, thats no big deal because they dont lead to such a large reward without the mb. Sektor tele raw already is highly rewarding on hit. So, on block, should be highly risky.

I think.
But on block Tele is highly punishable. If we only are taking that single move into account. We have to use the bar to have the option for push ask and possible safety.

SOULWARRIOR 71K

XBL: SOULWARRIOR 71K PSN: SOULWARRIOR71K
While I agree with the spirit of the video, with all due respect, gtfo with making ex kunai a mid lol. Not because I care about the Takeda's htb (I don't even use if it), but because it would remove his restand in the corner.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
If the better characters in the game were no better than characters like Predator, Reptile, Sub, Liu Kang, and Cassie I feel like the game would be less frustrating. The mid tier characters in this game have some pretty fucked up stuff. You just take turns putting each other in fucked up situations till someone is dead. Weather it's Cage jailing you so hard you may as well be in Alcatraz, Alien in the corner, Sub in the corner, Cassie in the corner,(everyone in the corner LOL). I just feel like the amount of fuckery even in the mid - upper mid tier is as far as it should go. Just my opinion so take it with a grain of salt.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
If the better characters in the game were no better than characters like Predator, Reptile, Sub, Liu Kang, and Cassie I feel like the game would be less frustrating. The mid tier characters in this game have some pretty fucked up stuff. You just take turns putting each other in fucked up situations till someone is dead. Weather it's Cage jailing you so hard you may as well be in Alcatraz, Alien in the corner, Sub in the corner, Cassie in the corner,(everyone in the corner LOL). I just feel like the amount of fuckery even in the mid - upper mid tier is as far as it should go. Just my opinion so take it with a grain of salt.
If you want even more frustration, pick Balanced Kenshi, and see how almost the majority of the cast is a counterpick for you xD

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Ironically, balanced Kenshi is a counterpick of the character I like to play most. I get what you mean tho I used to main unbreakable. But it's whatever im not gonna get super worked up over a game.
Balanced vs GM Sub is 5-5 (if you mean him), 5.5-4.5 at most.

I agree, I'm also just trying to resign these days, and accept I just made bad character choices in mkx, in terms of competition. Anyway, I enjoy my characters, that's what truly matters.